Some of you need to chill...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well . . .

Win aside, what's to be negative, anyway? As you know, Jav, most of the knowledgeable fans knew the defense would have to gel, especially the Dline. Well, they gelled and then some, didn't they?

Just think: After a tough first half, when the Broncos left points all over the field in squandered opportunities, they came out in the second half and pummeled the Chargers, 17-3 (second half points). The high-powered Charger offense could do nothing!

Then the offense started to click, too!

And still the boobirds, naysayers, and whiners are out in force.

Well, you and I and the other positive-minded fans have one to enjoy. The others apparently will never stop crying.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      Win aside, what's to be negative, anyway? As you know, Jav, most of the knowledgeable fans knew the defense would have to gel, especially the Dline. Well, they gelled and then some, didn't they?

Just think: After a tough first half, when the Broncos left points all over the field in squandered opportunities, they came out in the second half and pummeled the Chargers, 17-3 (second half points). The high-powered Charger offense could do nothing!

Then the offense started to click, too!

And still the boobirds, naysayers, and whiners are out in force.

Well, you and I and the other positive-minded fans have one to enjoy. The others apparently will never stop crying.

-----

You da man topscribe. CP coming.
      Enjoy a GREAT victory! (no matter how they spin it)

Comment

You said topscribe. Let's enjoy the win and maybe some of the other fans will follow.
        RIP Darrent Williams
        You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
          Lava, I actually started a thread giving you props for your never-say-die attitude during the game but it sort got lost in the aftermath. Here's a couple CPs for staying postive.
          Hey thanks Jav, i didnt get to see the thread, but i appreaciate the props. I was just as pissed as the rest of course, but I was thinking, we are only down 11, we are playing horrible, but since there is a whole other half, might as well root for a comeback. Plus it was getting on my nerves how many hopeless, overly sarcastic ,anti-bronco posts i was seeing from our own people on the gameday thread, i thought somebody needed to say something.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

How did the Broncos not "deserve" this win. They shut down San Diego in the second half. Whats the arguement there? lol
            sigpic

Comment

The thing I was most encouraged about was the fact that it seemed Coyer and Shanahan really looked at some things at halftime and finally made some drastic adjustments. It worked.

Shanahan was more impressive with his playcalling in my eyes in the 2nd half, a little more like his old self, and Coyer broke the mold he seemed to be striving so hard to hold to.

Props to both of them for doing what needed to be done. The adjustments they made really paid off, hopefully we'll stick with using some of these changes, with more wrinkles of course, more often.

A couple examples of adjustments:

Offense: When was the last time you actually saw Rod Smith run a go route, deep? The play wasn't successful, but it put a new wrinkle out there again that will keep him successful in his possession work. Or, of course, the 4th and 1 misdirection pitch to Dayne, a call we would have seen Shanny make a few years back, but lately, it's been much more safe and straight up. Seems like a hint of desperation brought back a taste of the old Shanny. Anyway, those were just two examples I thought were encouraging on offense.

Defense: The fact that we abandoned the "cute" blitzes that try and switch up zone coverages, etc. and brought the whole house was encouraging. It really got the guys' juices flowing so that even when the blitz wasn't on, they were still getting through. Using the all out blitz once again will also contribute greatly to the effectiveness of Coyer's "cute" zone blitzes he likes to use so much.

Anyway, I felt like in the 2nd half the coaching staff let go a little, and kind of turned the guys loose. It was nice to see. Of course more polish will need to come as far as execution, but Shanny normally keeps the guys in such a well designed box of a gameplan. As great as those turn out sometimes, it is very nice to see us go outside of that box a little.

I fully expect a battle against K.C. But I also think that the players and coaches will build off of some things in the 2nd half, and use it in a constructive and foundational way.

Thanks for mixing it up and making some adjustments coaches, it was nice to see.

Comment

[QUOTE=Broncos04Champs]I couldn't agree more. I truly think some people on these boards wouldn't be happy unless every win looked like this.

Plummer 25/25 400 yards 4 td's 0 int's
                Anderson 25 carries 150 yards 3td's 0 fumbles
                Smith/Lelie 2 TD's each, no drops

Defense 10 sacks, 4 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries, only allow 100 yards total offense
                Gripe all you want about this and that. but all that matters is one thing....

A good defense would allow 0 yards offense and Anderson better have at least 4 td's.

Great game, it reminded me of the eighties early nineties when you would develop an ulcer waiting for Karlis to win the game. The good thing about this win is it was a division win and the team can focus on what went right to prepare for K.C. instead of what went wrong. Our D looked great, hope they pick it up a notch next week and embarass the chiefs. (sorry about the improper quote)
                Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

Originally posted by on2
                  I couldn't agree more. I truly think some people on these boards wouldn't be happy unless every win looked like this.

Plummer 25/25 400 yards 4 td's 0 int's
                  Anderson 25 carries 150 yards 3td's 0 fumbles
                  Smith/Lelie 2 TD's each, no drops

Defense 10 sacks, 4 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries, only allow 100 yards total offense
                  Gripe all you want about this and that. but all that matters is one thing....

Sounds good to me... lol
                  sigpic

Comment

"The defense allowed our offense to hang in there, and they hung in there with us," Plummer said. "That's what a team is all about."
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Some of the "fans" on here seem almost disappointed that we won this game.

Yeah, we all know that the Broncos still need to work on a lot to get where we want to be. But why all the griping and negativity? We put ourselves in a hole but we still managed to get out of it and get a very important win.

If you actually like the Broncos, try to enjoy the win and not just ***** about the negatives!
                      Couldn't agree more, but with KC playing VERY well right now our best needs to be alot better before Monday night. Enjoy this win for sure, but the real test is coming next Monday night. Can't wait to see what our guys are made of.

Comment

Originally posted by AzBroncoFan67
                        Very well said Jav, how many times had we watched Elway bring us back in the 4th? We won, we know we need improvement, but still it is a win. CELEBRATE, don't criticize
                        AMEN!!! I saw the game at a "Hooters" does life get any better than that? Surrounded by hooters while watching a bronco win?!
                        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Hooters! Loved watchin the game hope monday night gets even better.
                          Definition of the word “Fan”: The term fan refers to someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking of a person, group of persons, work of art, idea, or trend.

Definition of True Broncos Fan: Homer.

Rod Smith the greatest ever
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankz_...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                          X