• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MileHighSpirit
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    You sure about that?

According to http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/[email protected]

Warren only registered a single tackle while Courtney Brown got a tackle, sack, and fumble recovery.
    When Brown played I think he played well, and when he is 100% I'm sure he will be a great contributor. Still, if you watched the game (or can go over the footage like I can) you would see some amazing plays where Warren enables us to make big plays by creating pressure up the middle, taking on double teams, and (best of all) throwing LT down with one arm while being blocked by an O-lineman. That was the one tackle you mentioned. He played like everything we wanted in a DT when we picked him up, and his poor statistical showing belies an excellent outing.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Well, I guess he had a game that you would have to see in order to see exactly how well he did. I didn't have the luxury of watching to game ( Browns game was at same time ). So I guess it was something you had to see.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Well . . .

You sure about that?

Warren only registered a single tackle while Courtney Brown got a tackle, sack, and fumble recovery.
    One thing the color man Sterling Sharpe pointed out was that Warren was camping out in the S.D. backfield, especially in the second half. Several times, they ran replays on him in action. Yes, he made a tremendous difference tonight.

Having said that, I will now look at your link. But I watched the game, so I doubt it will make any difference in my opinion.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Yes, but you have to admit, Dawgfan, Warren tore 'em up today.
    Looks like he may be the real deal.

-----
    You sure about that?

Leave a comment:

• MileHighSpirit
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe

-----
    I was amazed with Warren's quickness off the ball and his penetration. He was constantly created pressure in the backfield.

...and that play where he threw LT down with one arm while being blocked was unreal!

We haven't had a DT that can play like Warren did for a long time; drawing double teams, getting pressure upfield. If we can get another guy like him for the other tackle spot our LBs will begin to look like the best unit in the league.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Well . . .

Kinda.

Only two I really care about are Courtney Brown and Ebenezer Ekuban. Mike Myers was just thrown in good faith for all I'm concerned. Gerard Warren ( don't like - never liked )

-----

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    True, I'm still picking the Browns next week. But I still feel uneasy about it. If the Browns win it'll be great and will be the talk on ESPN - finally something positive about the Browns. Something that I'll die to see. Also having the Ravens sinking is wonderful

Leave a comment:

• Broncos04Champs
    replied
    Next week is gonna be a huge test. At Indianapolis. The Defense sucks and I expect them to score a lot of points against the Browns. But maybe - just maybe the offense will at least keep the score close. I live in Colorado and wasn't able to watch the game - but I did listen to it online. As soon as Denver went over I heard from someone online that they started showing the Browns so I ran to go watch it. Was nice seeing the game for the 2-3 minutes that I did.
    Hey man - INDY looks a little sluggish so don't expect the usual. I know Jax has a pretty good D but peyton not throwing a TD, whaaaaa???

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
    Thanks dawgfan, I actually was thinking of you when the Browns clinched the win over the Packers (they cut to the game once the DEN/SD game was over)

thanks for the lineman by the way

also, im picking up trent dilfer on my fantasy team

never thought id be saying that
    Next week is gonna be a huge test. At Indianapolis. The Defense sucks and I expect them to score a lot of points against the Browns. But maybe - just maybe the offense will at least keep the score close. I live in Colorado and wasn't able to watch the game - but I did listen to it online. As soon as Denver went over I heard from someone online that they started showing the Browns so I ran to go watch it. Was nice seeing the game for the 2-3 minutes that I did.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos04Champs
    replied
    Thanks dawgfan, I actually was thinking of you when the Browns clinched the win over the Packers (they cut to the game once the DEN/SD game was over)

thanks for the lineman by the way

also, im picking up trent dilfer on my fantasy team

never thought id be saying that

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    You still pulling for your old players?

Thanks for the congrats! And congrats on your Browns winning in Lambeau.
    Kinda.

Only two I really care about are Courtney Brown and Ebenezer Ekuban. Mike Myers was just thrown in good faith for all I'm concerned. Gerard Warren ( don't like - never liked )

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    I saw that Courtney Brown had a nice game for you today in your win over San Diego. 1 tackle, 1 sack, and a fumble recovery. Not Bad, not bad...

Cheers!!

You still pulling for your old players?

Thanks for the congrats! And congrats on your Browns winning in Lambeau.

Leave a comment:

• urinal_cake
    replied
    Yeah, the Browns D line played pretty well today... the offense just needs to get its rear in gear...™

Leave a comment:

• ColRockies_5
    replied
    That's right...and Gerrard didn't do too bad either

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    started a topic Congrats Denver!

Congrats Denver!

I saw that Courtney Brown had a nice game for you today in your win over San Diego. 1 tackle, 1 sack, and a fumble recovery. Not Bad, not bad...

Cheers!!

Working...
X