Offense....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offense....?

Guys, I hate to say it but I am a little concerned about not only our running game but our offense as a whole. If our D can not shut the kansas city "O" down can we hang if it turns into a shootout? I am not too positive that we can. If there is any game the Denver offense has to show up its the one next Monday night. Its prime time fellas, time to show and prove.
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Well I cant blame you for your concern. I am too as is every relist bronco fan. However to try and give a little bit of comfort, I know we have only had 2 games thus far but our offense gotten better! We went from not being able to make a pass to making the majority of them. Our offense knows what it has to do and I am sure they will get it in gear. I have faith in plummer and our receivers are some of the best. Our offense knows what it has to do and will come to play monday night. By the way, our defense is 110% better than oaklands and you seen how the raiders stayed close to them, almost eeking out a win.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

milehighstud, our recievers are not some of the best. We have an aging Rod Smith, who doesnt stretch the field anymore, an inconsistent ashley lelie, and from their i dont think anyone knows, no clear 3rd wide out, watts, adams, devoe??? Our recievers dont demand that much attention and arent benefiting from our struggling running game. If our running game was up to par, you would be seeing shanny running more bootlegs and lelie getting open deep more consisintly. Like you said, our offense knows what it needs to do, I think every offense knows what it needs to do, that is score points and sustane drives. But the question is, can they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigal5651
        milehighstud, our recievers are not some of the best. We have an aging Rod Smith, who doesnt stretch the field anymore, an inconsistent ashley lelie, and from their i dont think anyone knows, no clear 3rd wide out, watts, adams, devoe??? Our recievers dont demand that much attention and arent benefiting from our struggling running game. If our running game was up to par, you would be seeing shanny running more bootlegs and lelie getting open deep more consisintly. Like you said, our offense knows what it needs to do, I think every offense knows what it needs to do, that is score points and sustane drives. But the question is, can they do it.
        Yeah these conference games can really make us or break us, O has got to step it up.
        http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Your concern is valid.

JHoward,

I believe you have a valid concern.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

My biggest concern is that dagnabbed bootleg. Jake always gets us on that. Its frustrating. But I will feel much better if we win. It would give us a 2 game lead in the entire division. And I would much rather have a two game lead then be tied with the Broncos having the head to head tie breaker.

Comment

The whole offense has had inconsisent play the first two games. I think the crux of the matter is the offensive line. If they can play better, it will bring success to other areas of the offense.

Tatum Bell looked very weak running up the middle in the Miami game. But how many times was he met behind the line of scrimmage by a linebacker? Quite a lot.
              Our run blocking sucked in that game. We weren't getting any push at all.

In the San Diego game, whenever we lined up with four wide outs, they blitzed and were unmolested before reaching Plummer. We need a running back or halfback in there blocking.

We were able to run left behind some pretty good blocking in the 4th quarter of the San Diego game. So things may be looking up. Personally, I'd try to build on that strength. If Tatum Bell is healthy for Monday's game, I'd want to see him playing a lot and running left.

Comment

Everybody was concerned about the defense, before last week. We will come around on offense. Lelie is still capable of the big play, the o-line is what needs to be stronger, we are too small. They do have skill and im sure they will get some running lanes open sooner or later, but people dont need to panic.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I do miss the days when Alex Gibbs was coaching the O line. The running game should come around but the recievers are the oart that concerns me. Ashley needs to step up and start making those 3rd down conversions when given the opportunity. Every defensive coordinator in the league knows that Rod Smith is the primary target on 3rd and long, cause righ tnow he is the only one Jake trusts. He is getting a little old for that. defenses still do not respect Lelie because he has not forced them to. When he starts making plays consistently the offense will be a little harder to scheme against. of course that is assuming that we can pass block long enough to do something with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                    Well I cant blame you for your concern. I am too as is every relist bronco fan. However to try and give a little bit of comfort, I know we have only had 2 games thus far but our offense gotten better! We went from not being able to make a pass to making the majority of them. Our offense knows what it has to do and I am sure they will get it in gear. I have faith in plummer and our receivers are some of the best. Our offense knows what it has to do and will come to play monday night. By the way, our defense is 110% better than oaklands and you seen how the raiders stayed close to them, almost eeking out a win.
                    Almost eeking out a win? That doesn't mean anything. Raiders vs. Chiefs games are always close, regardless of how good or bad each team is.
                    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                      Everybody was concerned about the defense, before last week. We will come around on offense. Lelie is still capable of the big play, the o-line is what needs to be stronger, we are too small. They do have skill and im sure they will get some running lanes open sooner or later, but people dont need to panic.
                      Yeah I agree the O line is what needs some work, plus our running backs need to cut back and open their eyes a bit instead of running right into a play that looked great on the board or during practice. Our boys are always running right into the mob. I have all the faith in the world in our receivers, Lelie has never let us down, until now (Just a bit but he will get the ball rollin'). Rod is still making some great catches when we need them. Last season we only had like 5 deep scoring strikes to lelie we relied mainly on our running game. I am liking what I am seing so far as far as the snake throwing a bit more. I understand it is game 3 and not much can really be analized but thus far we have gotten a tad better than week 1. We all thought the Chargers would posess that same magic they had last season but we ran with them and shut them and won. KC is pretty much proven thus far so we will really see what are boys are capable of come this monday. If there were ever a time to step up this season, we all know it is this MNF!! Let's see how our boys perform win or lose.
                      Last edited by MileHighStud; 09-21-2005, 02:39 AM.

Comment

cant wait for monday night

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward
                          Guys, I hate to say it but I am a little concerned about not only our running game but our offense as a whole. If our D can not shut the kansas city "O" down can we hang if it turns into a shootout? I am not too positive that we can. If there is any game the Denver offense has to show up its the one next Monday night. Its prime time fellas, time to show and prove.

We looked great on that first drive. If we score, it is a different ball game. Fumble on the 1 yard line is bad luck...and we fought through it. We will rack up yards on KC, just can't do the mistakes. Jake looked fine, his one pick was on a tip. Our runnning game needs to get going and who better to stomp on then KC.
                          The three Keys to football
                          1. Turnovers
                          2. Field Position
                          3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Good . . .

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                            We looked great on that first drive. If we score, it is a different ball game. Fumble on the 1 yard line is bad luck...and we fought through it. We will rack up yards on KC, just can't do the mistakes. Jake looked fine, his one pick was on a tip. Our runnning game needs to get going and who better to stomp on then KC.
                            Sometimes, the best comment can be made in a few words.

-----

Comment

No

Originally posted by JHoward
                              Guys, I hate to say it but I am a little concerned about not only our running game but our offense as a whole. If our D can not shut the kansas city "O" down can we hang if it turns into a shootout?
                              Denver's offense isn't built to play in a shootout. If it becomes a high-scoring affair, Denver unfortunately will lose...™
                              This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                              X