Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support John Elway here......

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...stranker?id=18

Patrick Roy also made the top 25 list. GO AVS!!!!

Rank 'Em: Top 25 Athletes, 1979-2004

SportsNation

The best of the best. The preeminent of the eminent. The greatest of the great.

That's what we want you, the fans of SportsNation, to decide, as ESPN celebrates its 25th anniversary this year: Who are the greatest athletes of the past 25 years?

Here's what you do: Rank the following North American athletes from 1 to 25, using the numbers below the photos. Just drag the numbers onto the photos and hit submit.

Then circle June 8 on your calendar. That's when the results of our SportsNation balloting will appear on "Then and Now," ESPN25's premiere show (ESPN, June 8, 7 p.m. ET).

Have fun!
    Last edited by Meck77¨; 01-16-2004, 11:45 AM.
    REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
    MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
    GO BRONCOS!!!

That was fun, but I voted with my heart, so it really shouldnt count......this would be great for dhall........

My first was Dale, of course, sorry but he's dead so he is gonna get my first vote......John was second, Clemens third, Larry Bird fourth and the rest I just messed around with (in a serious way though)

Comment

My top 5:

Lance Armstrong
      John Elway
      Barry Sanders
      Clemens
      Mike Tyson

Bottom 5 (and overrated)

Cal Ripkin
      Emmit Smith
      Williams Sisters
      Mia Hamm
      Tiger Woods

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I think Jordan is tied for 2nd

Comment

hey thanks for giving us that vote thing Meck77, pretty fun. here's a really cool Karl Mecklenburg story for you... i'll try to make it as short and simple as possible.

at least 15 years ago.. i was about 10 or something so ya... we'll say 15 years ago i was staying with my uncle in San Diego, California right.. well being from Denver and a Denver fan, he took me to a Denver at San Diego game. i was one of the very few Bronco fans there but right behind me was this black guy also wearing his Bronco stuff. being a little kid, Bronco fan and all he was nice to me and eventually tells me his son is Denver's kick returner aka Darren Carrington. we watch the game and stuff and after we go with him cause he says he'll introduce us to Darren. (i swear im trying to make this short) we get down to Denver's busses and he introduces me to Darren. Darren was a really classy guy, very nice... well, i had some football cards that i took with me just in case i see these guys at the game, so Darren says he'll introduce me to these guys so they can sign my cards. i only got to go on one of the teams busses and Dennis Smith was there, i met him, he signed 2 cards for me, another very cool guy. i met some other players but the only other player i remember meeting was Roulan Jones. again, another nice guy. well i still had 1 Mecklenburg card and a 1984 John Elway. Dennis said, give them to him and give him my address back at home and he'd get em signed and send them back. a month or so later i get both cards signed returned to me, a football with everyone's signature and a hat. thought that was very cool and on the Mecklenburg card, he signed his name and underneath it he signed, Phil. 4:13 (Philipians 4:13) which reads: I can do all things through Christ wich strengthen me. thats my story man... thought you'd like to hear that one.
          mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

no way cal ripken or mia hamn is in the bottom 5
            Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by GoDenver
              hey thanks for giving us that vote thing Meck77, pretty fun. here's a really cool Karl Mecklenburg story for you... i'll try to make it as short and simple as possible.

at least 15 years ago.. i was about 10 or something so ya... we'll say 15 years ago i was staying with my uncle in San Diego, California right.. well being from Denver and a Denver fan, he took me to a Denver at San Diego game. i was one of the very few Bronco fans there but right behind me was this black guy also wearing his Bronco stuff. being a little kid, Bronco fan and all he was nice to me and eventually tells me his son is Denver's kick returner aka Darren Carrington. we watch the game and stuff and after we go with him cause he says he'll introduce us to Darren. (i swear im trying to make this short) we get down to Denver's busses and he introduces me to Darren. Darren was a really classy guy, very nice... well, i had some football cards that i took with me just in case i see these guys at the game, so Darren says he'll introduce me to these guys so they can sign my cards. i only got to go on one of the teams busses and Dennis Smith was there, i met him, he signed 2 cards for me, another very cool guy. i met some other players but the only other player i remember meeting was Roulan Jones. again, another nice guy. well i still had 1 Mecklenburg card and a 1984 John Elway. Dennis said, give them to him and give him my address back at home and he'd get em signed and send them back. a month or so later i get both cards signed returned to me, a football with everyone's signature and a hat. thought that was very cool and on the Mecklenburg card, he signed his name and underneath it he signed, Phil. 4:13 (Philipians 4:13) which reads: I can do all things through Christ wich strengthen me. thats my story man... thought you'd like to hear that one.
              Nice story.
              Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Karl is a class act no doubt. Been my favorite player since I was knee high to a grasshopper.
                REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
                MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
                GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

.......Dennis said, give them to him and give him my address back at home and he'd get em signed .......
                  accident.... Darren, not Dennis did that for me.
                  mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

My top 5,

1) Michael Jordan
                    2) John Elway
                    3) Emmit Smith
                    4) Lance Armstrong
                    5) Tiger Woods

I'm not sure who said Emmit was overrated but I dont think he is at all. You cant say a guy that has the most rushing yards in his carrear than any other player in NFL history is ovverrated IMO. Michael Jordan is THEE greatest athlete in sports history. IMO

Comment

why wasnt Steve Atwater on that list?!!?

Comment

Dennis should have kept that Elway Rookie... it is worth something now...

Comment

Karl signed a blanket for me at put the same Bible verse on it....

I LOVE your sig CHEIF5!!!! Thats is good!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                            no way cal ripken or mia hamn is in the bottom 5
                            Well....I don't know hamn too well...I all know is she takes off her jersey and such.

Ripkin....well....he's a baseball player that had longevity....ANYBODY in baseball can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIEF5
                              Dennis should have kept that Elway Rookie... it is worth something now...
                              im sure Dennis has enough dough.

Comment

Working...
                              X