Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest espn power rankings

2005 Power Rankings: Week 3

1 (2) Colts 2-0-0 It has to be a huge boost to the Colts to know they can win a game when Peyton Manning throws for only 122 yards.
    2 (3) Steelers 2-0-0 So, Ben Roethlisberger is going to struggle in his second year, huh? Well, a 153.6 passer rating after two games sure doesn't look like a struggle.
    3 (5) Eagles 1-1-0 One big game and everything is all smiles and high-fives again between McNabb and Owens in Philly.
    4 (1) Patriots 1-1-0 Just a sloppy game from the Patriots. Lots of penalties, poor special teams play, etc. -- not what you'd expect from the defending champs.
    5 (6) Chiefs 2-0-0 Two weeks into the season, they've failed to reach the 30-point mark ... and yet they're undefeated.
    6 (4) Falcons 1-1-0 Matt Schaub might have potential, but it goes without saying that the Falcons need Michael Vick healthy and in the lineup.
    7 (12) Bengals 2-0-0 After starting 1-4 in each of Marvin Lewis' first two seasons in Cincinnati, getting off to a fast start this year is huge.
    8 (14) Panthers 1-1-0 Panthers looked like they had a little chip on their shoulders Sunday and it worked, resulting in a big win over the Patriots.
    9 (7) Jaguars 1-1-0 Getting out of bed Monday morning couldn't have been any fun at all for Byron Leftwich.
    10 (19) Buccaneers 2-0-0 Looks like Jon Gruden has found the right running back for his offense.
    11 (17) Giants 2-0-0 Anyone who got Tiki Barber in their fantasy draft after 10 or 12 other RBs had already been picked got a steal.
    12 (18) Jets 1-1-0 Chad Pennington still doesn't look right, but the Jets still pulled out a needed win, and that's what is really important.
    13 (9) Bills 1-1-0 It'll be interesting to see how the QB situation unfolds in Buffalo. J.P. Losman is the QB of the future, but will they switch to Kelly Holcomb if he gives them a better chance to win now?
    14 (20) Broncos 1-1-0 Figures that if any team could get something out of Ron Dayne it would be the Broncos.
    15 (22) Seahawks 1-1-0 Seahawks are clearly a better team when Shaun Alexander is the focal point of the offense.
    16 (26) Redskins 2-0-0 So, apparently there was a pretty good reason the Redskins wanted to trade for Santana Moss.
    17 (8) Cowboys 1-1-0 Cowboys players and coaches must feel like they got punched in the gut.
    18 (10) Saints 1-1-0 The Giants were just the better team, but the Saints understandably looked worn down Monday night.
    19 (11) Chargers 0-2-0 He's still finding the end zone, but the Chargers need to get LaDainian Tomlinson (124 yards rushing, just 3.3 yards per carry, and no receptions) going at full speed.
    20 (21) Rams 1-1-0 It wasn't pretty, but any win on the road is a big deal for the Rams.
    21 (31) Bears 1-1-0 The Bears clearly have the best defense in the NFC North, which could be enough to get them to playoffs.
    22 (30) Titans 1-1-0 Talk about a dominating D. The Titans held Baltimore to 182 total yards and no first downs in the opening half.
    23 (23) Dolphins 1-1-0 The Dolphins aren't going to contend for a playoff spot, but they're clearly going to be more competitive than a lot of people thought.
    24 (16) Lions 1-1-0 Jeff Garcia's hurt, but that hasn't stopped some Lions fans from calling for Joey Harrington's backup. Only problem is that backup is rookie Dan Orlovsky.
    25 (15) Ravens 0-2-0 The Ravens aren't going to win many games when Jamal Lewis rushes for 9 yards on 10 carries.
    26 (24) Raiders 0-2-0 OK, so Moss was robbed of a TD, but they had numerous opportunities to win in Randy's home debut.
    27 (13) Vikings 0-2-0 Obviously he misses Randy Moss, but that can't completely explain a QB of Daunte Culpepper's caliber throwing eight INTs in two games.
    28 (32) Browns 1-1-0 The allure has worn off of road teams winning at Lambeau Field, but still an impressive first win for Romeo.
    29 (27) Cardinals 0-2-0 Two winnable games have resulted in two losses. Not the start Dennis Green anticipated.
    30 (25) Packers 0-2-0 With upcoming games vs. Tampa Bay, at Carolina, and vs. New Orleans, the Packers could put themselves in a hole that they can't dig out of.
    31 (28) 49ers 1-1-0 Probably had no impact on Terrell Owens' play, but maybe Derek Smith should just keep his mouth shut next time.
    32 (29) Texans 0-2-0 They've already fired the offensive coordinator. Now the heat is all on the coach (Dom Capers) and the QB (David Carr).

haha i LOVE seeeing the patriots at 4... but us at 14? ahh wat u gonna do... a big win against KC SHOULD get us in the top 5 wat u think?

SIG MADE BY ME!!

my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
    MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

Comment

Number 14 is fairly generous. We haven't played that well so far. Especially on offense. Two games two offensive TDs? That plain sucks bad.

If it weren't for a fantastic performance in the 2nd half from the defense this team would be 0-2.

Until the Broncos put together a solid performance on both sides of the ball and win in convincing fashion they really aren't worth considering as a top 10 team.
      sigpic

Comment

We deserve 14 right now. Whats makes you think we will be in the top 5 any time soon? Even if we blow out KC we'll prolly only go up a few spots. I'm happy with the win but not happy jus squeaking by......
        sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
          We deserve 14 right now. Whats makes you think we will be in the top 5 any time soon? Even if we blow out KC we'll prolly only go up a few spots. I'm happy with the win but not happy jus squeaking by......

i'm saying if our D is intense and we give a little WHOOPING to KC we could easily take their spot imo, but i'd DEFINETLY be happy with top 10

SIG MADE BY ME!!

my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
          MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

Comment

1 mistake.....

Originally posted by Cugel
            Number 14 is fairly generous. We haven't played that well so far. Especially on offense. Two games two offensive TDs? That plain sucks bad.

If it weren't for a fantastic performance in the 2nd half from the defense this team would be 0-2.

Until the Broncos put together a solid performance on both sides of the ball and win in convincing fashion they really aren't worth considering as a top 10 team.
            the Bengals should be in the place of the Cheifs. they have looked more impressive with there wins than KC, they havent even put up 30pts yet. at least the Bengals have blown out there 2 opp. they look really good this year, offense and defense

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Yay, at least we moved up. Honestly, I don't care about power rankings, they mean nothing. You play the game on Sunday, not on paper and what these so-called "experts" say.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
              2. Taxes
              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I agree power rankings don't matter.

But it's pretty cool to see that we moved up that much.
                RIP Darrent Williams
                You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Working...
                X