Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG AL
    "The problems with the running game start with the offensive line."

I hear that! This is the weakest run blocking oline ive seen for the Broncos in years. We are getting dominated in the middle on short yardage plays. Walter Payton would be getting stuffed at the goal line in the same situations our backs are seeing. Vs Miami we ran Bell up the middle in short yardage situations over and over again and pretty much everytime the Miami interior dline players and linebackers just dominated the middle of our line. We got serious problems with run blocking for a Broncos offense. We are in dire need of running more outside runs. Go back to the days of TD left. TD left. TD right... And do it in a hurry ShannY!
    Uh, I heard the same thing last year after the Jax game. End result: Denver had the fourth best rushing yards per game of any team in the NFL. Basically the same OL as this year.

Sorry, I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. OL takes longest time to gel. SD is a reasonable tough run D (#3 in NFL last year). I don't see the need to revamp the OL based on a game or two (besides it being impossible for this season). If they don't end up in the top 8 in rushing for this season I'll be prepared to eat my words.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
      KC has the #1 ranked rushing defense in the AFC right now.
      Youse guys will be one tough team to beat if that stat continues through the season!! Probably a little early in the season to make projections though!

Comment

1nce again..........

u know, i'mreally tired of everybody sayiing " OH Dayne played good only b/c it was the 4th qtr. and the D was tired". then in preseason" Dayne is only playin good cuz its 2nd and 3rd team". u know what i say...:"SAVE THE DRAMA 4 YA MAMA"............
        1st off in the 4th qtr everybody is tired, there defense and our offense. the scored was tied, and it was anybody's game, its was just a matter of u wanted it more. If it was the playoffs, would u guys say the same thing?........WEe need to give credit to were crdit is due. Dayne has been the real deal since he's gotten here. he's on the verge of resurecting his career, along with the whole Browns d-line. he's part of all that bull$*** didnt live up to the expectations that the last team wanted him to be, now he's a bust. Sometimesa player needs 2 go to a diff. team, or change of enviroment to be successful,and i beleive Dayne has found that here in Dnever.
        I watch this guy suffer all 5 years in NY, he even was inactive for a whole season, cuz he wanted to be traded. How do u do that 2 a player.i think Dayne would thrive anywhere outside NY. and he's on the best team in the league 2 turn his career around.....look at Ricky williams, he was garbage with the saints his 1st 4 yrs....i could name a lot more, but Ricky is a prime example. MA, Bell, and Q are all great backs, but Dayne has really been the best out of all of them pre and reg.season. i hope he has answered the question can he carry his preseason perfomances over to the reg. so far he has, but he really deserves a shot at being the starter, especially when he have 2 backs hurting.
        Last edited by DAYNETRAYNE; 09-21-2005, 01:55 PM.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by WildHorse
          Youse guys will be one tough team to beat if that stat continues through the season!! Probably a little early in the season to make projections though!
          Is this really tater tot speaking?

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
            KC has the #1 ranked rushing defense in the AFC right now.
            Yea and the Giants are 2-0 "right now". Doesn't mean nothing, order will be restored soon.

Comment

Uh, I heard the same thing last year after the Jax game. End result: Denver had the fourth best rushing yards per game of any team in the NFL. Basically the same OL as this year.

Sorry, I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. OL takes longest time to gel. SD is a reasonable tough run D (#3 in NFL last year). I don't see the need to revamp the OL based on a game or two (besides it being impossible for this season). If they don't end up in the top 8 in rushing for this season I'll be prepared to eat my words.

But last year they basically blew up the o-line and reshuffled the deck. Got better in the year.

They also had a 207 pound blocking back. (edit) forgot to add that our starting RUNNING BACK last year had all of 5-6 games under his belt and the starting TE PUTZ had all of 7 catches to his career at that point.

This year the o-line has really played together since neil went out last year.
              As well as not having to experiment at FB.

They should be a lot farther ahead than they are at this point in the year. IMHO.

Jake should not be having to carry the load as he has had to do in the first TWO games.

The preseason is there to get the timing down for your starters. Not the first three or so games of the year. NOw I could be wrong here but I doubt it.
              Last edited by Jrhampton; 09-21-2005, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Wide body DTs are not a sudden one-year innovation that "Mikey" needs to be aware of. They've been in place for YEARS! And the bronco running attack has been successful for more than a decade (NFL best rushing yardage over 10years). I just believe, as with last year, it's too early to throw in the towel on a classic system just because of a couple subpar games.

But, as stated everyone now see DEN's scheme several times a year and by now most of them have learned how to defense it.

Comment

give it to the big boy!!

just to rehash what i have been saying all season, give it to dayne! our o line is... ok, and our running game is fine, as long as we dont keep turnin the ball over, and loosing td's due to penalties our offense will be ok! would like to see them roll jake out a little more, he never has been a great pocket passer! but back to the subject, with half of our back field hurt (ma, and tb) i say give it to dayne! look, the man is DYING to get a shot at starting! he has been playin hard, practicing hard, and he looks SOLID! i say give him his shot, and do it NOW! when and IF ma gets healthy, then we will see! until then dayne is our guy! YOU WANNA WIN? PUT THE D-TRAYNE IN!! and thats all i gotta say about that!
                  Go Broncos
                  "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    But, as stated everyone now see DEN's scheme several times a year and by now most of them have learned how to defense it.
                    I don't agree. We've seen it before--last year for instance. Didn't run as well early against some tough run D teams and did better in middle/end of year.

It might be easier to buy your premise if it were based on more than two games, didn't have history against it, and hasn't occurred similarly in previous years. I'll take a look at stats in early games over the past several years to see if they support my memory.

Comment

I don't agree. We've seen it before--last year for instance. Didn't run as well early against some tough run D teams and did better in middle/end of year.

It might be easier to buy your premise if it were based on more than two games, didn't have history against it, and hasn't occurred similarly in previous years. I'll take a look at stats in early games over the past several years to see if they support my memory.

I think I'm correct in this, regardless of how many games so far this year. Anytime you do something unique it is confusing , but now that many teams zone block it is easier to defense.

Time wil tell who is correct on this point!

Comment

Working...
                      X