is the MNF game a MUST win game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the MNF game a MUST win game?

i was thinking about this game earlier and it suddenly dawned on me the importance of this game, it is MASSIVE for our season, although early, think of what it means.

if we lose we are 2/3 games behind kc already!!

if we lose they have won the tie-breaker on the road and still have to play us at home

if we lose we go to 1-2 having played 2 home games already.

the confidence will be shattered.

week 4 see's us go to jacksonville.

however, if we win then we are joint top of the afc west having beat kc and san diego already. we go to jacksonville in high spirits and with a good performance are right on track to REALLY kick-start our season!!!!!

this is early but is it a MUST-WIN game already?

any1 else realize how MASSIVE this game really is?!!!

any1 else realize how MASSIVE this game really is?!!!

"any1 else realize how MASSIVE this game really is?!!!"

Yes I do!....

Comment

Yup, just like week 1 was massive. A losing team on the road, you gotta bring that one home with a nasty schedule like ours.

But yes, this is even more important because if we lose this one, it's likely that the Chefs will sweep us this year, and that right there will probably end our playoff hopes.

Comment

Every game is a must win....and this one definetely to give us an edge in the division.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
          Yup, just like week 1 was massive. A losing team on the road, you gotta bring that one home with a nasty schedule like ours.

But yes, this is even more important because if we lose this one, it's likely that the Chefs will sweep us this year, and that right there will probably end our playoff hopes.
          Very good points.

Comment

Yes, we very much need to win this one not only for confidence but to keep them from getting to far ahead in the division.

Comment

Although I agree it is a huge game for all of the reasons described above, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "must win." To me, "must win" is a term that should be reserved for playoff games or games that will eliminate you from playoff contention.

The bottom line is if we lose this game we can still win the division, therefore, by definition, it is not "must win." ... but I'd still like to have it!

Comment

wow now that u put it that way im kinda spooked lol... but arent ALL games must win?? its a 16 GAME SEASON! lol its not like baseball or basketball with well over 100 games, but yeah this one is definetly more must win then the others lol

SIG MADE BY ME!!

my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
                MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

Comment

almost like a curse

Well.....how many MNF games have we won?
                  I would like to see the WIN MNF part increase.
                  Not asking for much ..lol.
                  Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 09-20-2005, 03:49 PM. Reason: almost like a curse:(

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                    Although I agree it is a huge game for all of the reasons described above, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "must win." To me, "must win" is a term that should be reserved for playoff games or games that will eliminate you from playoff contention.

The bottom line is if we lose this game we can still win the division, therefore, by definition, it is not "must win." ... but I'd still like to have it!
                    Thank you.. A "Must win" is one of my least favorite cliches in sports... You summed it up nicely, this is a very important game...But please drop the "Must Win" until it's truly an elimination game, or something of that nature.

Comment

just as much of a must win as last week

Comment

put it this way....ALL HOME GAMES ARE MUST WINS....you just have to win at home man......
                        sigpic

Comment

It doesn't matter what we call it... I go into every game thinking it's a must win because I hate when the Broncos lose...
                          Coaches and players are probably mostly the same way..

But in a mathematical sense, it probably isn't a MUST win.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977

Dude I am a huge fan of Knight Rider but what is up with that AV?!!!
                            SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

IMO!!! We are the only ones in the afc that can give them a run for their money!!! Who else is going to do it........SD?
                              SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X