X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leromm
    Paul Ernster signed to our practice squad..cheers zam

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions
    Cool I was hoping for him to be on there since he is suppose to have a bright future.
    Smith's First Catch
    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
      Yeah, the Q-ball crowd brings up those TWO games all the time. Two good games in a four year career. Yes, there have been injuries, but when he was the starter last season, it was the KC opener and nothing else.

The last time I checked, we let Milburn go. Hmmm? I wonder if it was because the novelty of a midget scat back got to the point where it didn't do the job.

As far as a 3rd QB, I wasn't talking about needing one on the active roster. A practice squad QB would have provided the scout team player we normally have to keep our 1st and 2nd stringers from having to do both jobs.
      4 year? He was drafted in '03, so how did he have a 4 year career? If you're counting the last four years, then obviously you're including his senior year at OU where he had 10-100 yard games in a row and several 200+ yard games.

He's had TWO seasons at Denver, only having significant playing time in TWO GAMES in '03 and about 4 in '04.

Funny how the offense clicked in those two games. Against SD and Jax last year the line couldn't open up a hole big enough to slip a piece of paper through sideways.
      I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Yeah, the Q-ball crowd brings up those TWO games all the time. Two good games in a four year career. Yes, there have been injuries, but when he was the starter last season, it was the KC opener and nothing else.

The last time I checked, we let Milburn go. Hmmm? I wonder if it was because the novelty of a midget scat back got to the point where it didn't do the job.

As far as a 3rd QB, I wasn't talking about needing one on the active roster. A practice squad QB would have provided the scout team player we normally have to keep our 1st and 2nd stringers from having to do both jobs.
        You really need to freshen up on your stats, mtn, if you're going to throw them around like they're gospel.
        Q was drafted in '03.........so how, exactly, is he in his "four year career"?
        And as far as a 3rd QB......I'd say BVP could use all the practice he can get. I'm sure he's playing the part of ps qb just fine.......
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Do you not remember those 4 years? Clinton Portis was our running back, so are you saying Q is a big waste of time because he didn't oust Portis?

The reason people bring up those 2 games is because those 2 games and the Jacksonville game are the only ones he ever started. In the 2003 playoffs, Portis came back and played in the playoff game, and after the JAX game - he was out for the season.

So he has had 3 starts, and in 2 of them he played great.

As far as I'm concerned, if a guy doesn't get a chance to prove himself by starting, how would anyone ever know what he can do in a game?

Comment

Yep, I screwed that one up. I don't know what I was thinking.

While I'm wrong on the 4 year info, I stand by my contention that two good games in a 2 year career doesn't mean he's the answer to our RB situation. He was insufficient on cut down day and he still is.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
              So he has had 3 starts, and in 2 of them he played great.
              Actually, he's had 5 starts, but who's counting?
              sigpic

Comment

The funniest part about cutting him then re-signing him is that I believe either SI or Sporting News claimed in a preseason issue that Q was the best RB on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by RBfan34
                  The funniest part about cutting him then re-signing him is that I believe either SI or Sporting News claimed in a preseason issue that Q was the best RB on the team.

Ya, what do they know

Comment

Yep, I screwed that one up. I don't know what I was thinking.

While I'm wrong on the 4 year info, I stand by my contention that two good games in a 2 year career doesn't mean he's the answer to our RB situation. He was insufficient on cut down day and he still is.
                    Alright. I stand by mine that says that in his 2 years, he has shown enough value to be part of the team. I'd take him over Paul Ernster that's for sure. Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by RBfan34
                      Many "experts" , along with a lot of posters here, were handing Tatum the starting job in the offseason also.
                      I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Working...
                      X