Why do we need Griffin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we need Griffin?

Let me start by saying that I like Q, but is there such a pressing need to sign a damaged running back. I am still not sure who is going to take over the starting running back position, but I doubt that Q can do it. Does anyone think that Mike Anderson will be starting at seasons end? From what I have been reading, Mike Anderson is not sure who is going to get the bulk of the carries Monday night. I'm not sure that signing Q makes any sense. Does Q represent another missing piece in the equation running back?

Originally posted by Big Dan
    Let me start by saying that I like Q, but is there such a pressing need to sign a damaged running back. I am still not sure who is going to take over the starting running back position, but I doubt that Q can do it. Does anyone think that Mike Anderson will be starting at seasons end? From what I have been reading, Mike Anderson is not sure who is going to get the bulk of the carries Monday night. I'm not sure that signing Q makes any sense. Does Q represent another missing piece in the equation running back?

Hmm, Let's see.

2 of our 3 running backs are already hurt after only 2 weeks.

Right now, We need the depth.

He's someone that already knows the system and has performed well in it.

You really think signing him makes no sense?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      Hmm, Let's see.

2 of our 3 running backs are already hurt after only 2 weeks.

Right now, We need the depth.

He's someone that already knows the system and has performed well in it.

You really think signing him makes no sense?

Exactly. Could not have responded better if flaming were allowed.

Comment

All things considered, I'm not sure what Q represents to this team. The last time that I saw him produce, he was running for over 150 yards against KC last year. After that, everyone saw him fall apart, and even fumble away a game to Jacksonville. They had him last year, but he didn't make it (injury). I think he is a good 4th stringer. By the way, if he knew the system so well, why couldn't he beat out first-year Ron Dayne? So you tell me, what does he bring to the table?

Comment

All things considered, I'm not sure what Q represents to this team. The last time that I saw him produce, he was running for over 150 yards against KC last year. After that, everyone saw him fall apart, and even fumble away a game to Jacksonville. They had him last year, but he didn't make it (injury). I think he is a good 4th stringer. By the way, if he knew the system so well, why couldn't he beat out first-year Ron Dayne? So you tell me, what does he bring to the table?
          I think you are underestimating Ron Dayne's abilities. Don't let a lackluster career beginning in New York fool you, Ron Dayne fits our system well and has obviously impressed alot of people here.

That shouldn't take anything away from Quentin Griffin, and I like Q in the backfield much more than Tatum. Q is shorter and throws a much meaner block.

Comment

I'm not underestimating Ron Dayne. I have already included a post called, "who is this guy called Ron Dayne". It is my opinion that Ron Dayne should have the opportunity to start, and show what he can do. I will say that I have been disappointed with Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, and Q. I would just like to see someone step up, and produce some yardage and give the defense some rest. Each one of these guys have had the chance to start, and each one at some point couldn't get the job done. If you don't trust that observation, why would Coach sign Clarrett? Let Ron run!

Comment

We have some banged up runners, makes sense to bring Q back since he is healthy now and knows the Offense, i have no problem with it at all.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                We have some banged up runners, makes sense to bring Q back since he is healthy now and knows the Offense, i have no problem with it at all.
                WELL SAID. Nice AV by the way.
                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

So that he may fumble more games away

Comment

Griffin is great.

I don't know if we need him like we can't do with out him, but I'm glad he's back. I'm sure they will find ways for him to contribute.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

He's faster on outside runs than bell, his size means he can get through smaller holes easier and in the open field his speed is much better than Dayne and Anderson. One fumble and the guys the devil to some people, get over it guys, show me a back who hasn't fumbled.
                      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I think a better question would be, why did Denver need to have 3 kickers on the active roster?

I think this was a wise move ont he Broncos part simply due to the history of injury at RB position. Q may not "fit the system" but he did earn the starting position last year, so that must say something for his ability.

For those of you who still claim he cost Denver a game due to a fumble, DID YOU EVEN WATCH THAT GAME?? Elam missed a field goal, the offense failed to score a TD in the red zone, and the Jags had a hell of a defense and still due. Just ask Peyton and the colts about how good that d is.

It is a good insurance policy for this team, there arent any backs out there right now that could in here and produce any better than Q, at least right now.

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                          One fumble and the guys the devil to some people, get over it guys, show me a back who hasn't fumbled.

That same thought was just taking shape in my own head.

MA could have very well fumbled the game away against SD last weekend. Thanks for bailing us out yet again, Elam.

Yet people are not all over Anderson.

A little hypocrisy here?

sigpic
                          They're your teammates, now.
                          Best of luck, TT!
                          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

well....

i beleieve Q was signed 2 make Bell work even harder, b/c now his job security may be on the line, Q cathces better than him and blocks better, the only thing Bell has over Q is that he plays special teams. Q is basically an insurance policy. i dont think he will dress any games unless one of the backs is badly injured, and 2 of them are halfway there. The system that we have mirrors the same system that Dayne ran in college, that's y it was so easy for Dayne to beat out Q.....Q is the best rb that we could've of sign to the team for the situation that we are in.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
                              i beleieve Q was signed 2 make Bell work even harder, b/c now his job security may be on the line, Q cathces better than him and blocks better, the only thing Bell has over Q is that he plays special teams. Q is basically an insurance policy. i dont think he will dress any games unless one of the backs is badly injured, and 2 of them are halfway there. The system that we have mirrors the same system that Dayne ran in college, that's y it was so easy for Dayne to beat out Q.....Q is the best rb that we could've of sign to the team for the situation that we are in.
                              Dayne's performance couple with the fact that they held Q out of the first two pre season games is why he was cut in the first place. MA more than proved himself and Tatum, while showing flashes of what everyone expects of him, was kept (IMO) because of obvious physical talent and potential. He needs to start living up to some of that potential, or before long we may see Q coming off the bench before him.

There has to be something going on with Tatum that maybe we don't know about.

On another note....I know this is probably gonna cause some people to go off on me, but I've noticed a number of people commenting on the fact that the o-line couldn't block for 3 quarters, then just started blocking all of the sudden in the 4th when Dayne came in. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe this, I've seen it happen. But, when the o-line struggled for a couple of games last year when Q was in there, then picked it up the next game when RD came in, it was RD and not the line. I'm not gonna quote anyone because I really can't say whether or not the same people made both comments. It does seem a little hypocritcal that no one is attacking that observation this time around.

All that being said, I'm glad Dayne played so well for us, and if he's capable of doing that all the time, by all means, let's see more of him.

Welcome back Q, I'm lookin forward to seeing you on the field!!!!
                              I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Working...
                              X