No announcement yet.

Whos number should be retired??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just gonna say that Shannon Sharp's #84, Terrell Davis' #30 and Rod Smith's #80 (after he's gone obviously) should be retired.
    My guess is that if they do choose to retire anymore numbers, it'll be #84 followed by #80.
    *Now that receivers are allowed to wear numbers 10-19.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo_Bronco
      None... no disrespect for the players, I just think that the team should find another way to honor them.
      Yep, I agree. I seem to remember Pat Bowlen saying something along the lines of Elway being the new standard for retiring numbers. It's not good enough to just be a great player, you also have to mean as much to the franchise and to the fans as Elway. Otherwise, we'll eventually run out of numbers.

Davis, Sharpe, Smith, etc. were great players but when you look at the franchise's history nobody else represents the Broncos like Elway.

However, we do honor the other great players of the franchise by putting them in the Ring of Fame.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
        his injury should not take away his accomplishments....
        I agree but, he has not accomplished a retired jersey number.
        Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
          TD # 30 should be retired along with Sharpe. Rod Smith should be later as well.
          Dude, I think the question is directed to Broncos Fans and not any unwanted visitors.
          -----------------------------------------
          TD #30

Comment

Steve Atwater
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
              Dude, I think the question is directed to Broncos Fans and not any unwanted visitors.
              TD #30
              Again with the stalking of me, i can post where i want and when i want looser

quit stalking me and get a darn life
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
                TD #30
                i think pr needs serious help he wont leave Gridiron champ alone wtf ur prob ?
                sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                  i think pr needs serious help he wont leave Gridiron champ alone wtf ur prob ?
                  He is my problem............
                  But as I said before, he will vanish on Tuesday.............
                  Can't take the heat get outta the kitchen!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                    Yep, I agree. I seem to remember Pat Bowlen saying something along the lines of Elway being the new standard for retiring numbers. It's not good enough to just be a great player, you also have to mean as much to the franchise and to the fans as Elway. Otherwise, we'll eventually run out of numbers.

Davis, Sharpe, Smith, etc. were great players but when you look at the franchise's history nobody else represents the Broncos like Elway.

However, we do honor the other great players of the franchise by putting them in the Ring of Fame.
                    We've been through this before...retired numbers? How about #53 Randy Gradishar. That man put more heart and soul into every play in his career than any Broncos player I've seen. He still has the most tackles by far than any Bronco-ever. Jack Lambert, if not mistaken, played 1 more season than Randy? #53 has more tackles than the great HOFer! Suposedly, if you run out of numbers according to the NFL, you must take one out of retirement to complete the roster. Heck, look at Chicagos' list of retired numbers!
                    Last edited by YOUNGERJKSPEE; 09-21-2005, 07:03 PM.
                    Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

As unpopular as his comments have been and the fact Duke has his number I still think #84 Shannon Sharp's number should have been listed on the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        my thoughts exactly!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                        X