Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know where is Frank Rice and Herb Haygood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AsianOrange
    Now that i think about it....keeping Jackson might not be bad idea BUT.....I still think he's not good at all. he might know the math, but can he make smash an atom?
    keep kannel, then draft another QB like 5th round or something and develope him. We've given JJ plenty of chances and he has yet to prove himself.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
      keep kannel, then draft another QB like 5th round or something and develope him. We've given JJ plenty of chances and he has yet to prove himself.
      keep kanell? he cant even run the offense, we had to change the offensive system to accomodate him. its not like he is that accurate either. we would have to change both QB spots but i would rather keep jackson he can run the same plays plummer ran when he firswt got here. plays designed to be easy careful throws, until he gets his confidence. same thing we did with plummer.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        keep kanell? he cant even run the offense, we had to change the offensive system to accomodate him. its not like he is that accurate either. we would have to change both QB spots but i would rather keep jackson he can run the same plays plummer ran when he firswt got here. plays designed to be easy careful throws, until he gets his confidence. same thing we did with plummer.
        at least kanell could hit the broadside of a barn. JJ has never been accurate. Plummer is a laser guided bomb compared to JJ's accuracy.

You too Cutler.

Comment

at least kanell could hit the broadside of a barn. JJ has never been accurate. Plummer is a laser guided bomb compared to JJ's accuracy.
          in college plummer completed 56.9% of his passes, JJ completed 57% of hs passes, if plummer can improve his accuracy with all the reps he's gotten, why cant jackson? Plummer was not very accurate when he came here. but he worked in the system and has had madd reps so he is used to the WR's jackson has been playing sparingly and plays with 3rd stringers anyway in practice. I just dont think he has had enough reps to get real comfortable with the 1st string WR's. I like his arm strength and speed, his accuracy will improve with reps. i just dont think he had enough experience in games. How can you expect jackson to have such a good game when first, you throw him in as starter just before the game. i know backups are supposoed to be prepared but people get nervous with sudden news like that. Then he has to play with backups on offense? against the first string GB defense, i dont think it was fair overall. people are judging him on that game.

It shouldnt be about what the guy did in the limited quarter he had to play, it should be about the tools he showed. he showed blazing speed and a strong arm. 2 things you cant really teach, and 2 things that we really need in the offense system. accuracy can be learned. Thats what they are doing with michael vick and a lot of others, why they cant do it with jackson?
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

because I don't think the talent is there with him. It doesn't really matter anyway, because I think Shanny has had enough of him and he won't be back.

How can you expect a 3rd QB to get a lot of practice with the 1st stringers anyway? he won't. If we go by your logic, then how could Brady or other 2nd or 3rd string QB's have succeded in years past when they came in (Eagles namely)?

You too Cutler.

Comment

because I don't think the talent is there with him. It doesn't really matter anyway, because I think Shanny has had enough of him and he won't be back.

How can you expect a 3rd QB to get a lot of practice with the 1st stringers anyway? he won't. If we go by your logic, then how could Brady or other 2nd or 3rd string QB's have succeded in years past when they came in (Eagles namely)?
              so following your logic, mike vick has no future, instead of helping his mechanics so he can get better, you draft another QB or kick him off the team. Granted, vick has more speed than jackson, but jackson is still fast, (probably faster than plummer actually) but his accuracy is the only thing he needs to change, as with vick. vick has been in the NFL for 2 or 3 years and still doesnt have an acurate arm, but they are still working on his mechanics. all im sayin is players have the tools but just not the right coaching.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I'm starting to think LAVA is watching some Bizzaro-World Denver Bronco team....

Keep jarious Jackson QB? Quentin Griffin RB?

get rid of Portis? Don't draft Winslow?

Now what? Get rid of Shanahan and pick up Mike Ditka?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I'm starting to think LAVA is watching some Bizzaro-World Denver Bronco team....

I've been thinking the same.

It's a conspiracy, he must be a closet chiefs fan!!!

HAHA!!

You too Cutler.

Comment

I've been thinking the same.

It's a conspiracy, he must be a closet chiefs fan!!!

HAHA!!
                    HAHA!

nothing but love for ya Lava...that's what you get for being #1!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I dont get why you think players must come into the league good to be good. Players can come into the league sorry as hell, but work to improve themselves to become stars. I'm just sayin, jackson has all the right TOOLS, but not the right COACHING. Anybody's accuracy can be improved, i improved mine by myself, a NFL QB wasnt as accurate as he was in high school or college, THEY IMPROVE. If i was a coach, i GUARANTEE i could improve a QB's accuracy. Just gotta put in the time. Same with Deltha. Players are only wasted if you let them be. Why do you think coaches make basketball players change their shooting style? So they can have more accuracy on their shot. Why do you think coaches change baseball player's batting stance? To improve their accuracy hitting the ball(hand eye coordination). You change a QB just as well people. I'm just being reasonable. Yeah i said we keep Griffin, why not? Did i ever say get rid of Portis, NO! I said if he starts trippin about his money, we have to sacrifice him. Isnt that what Bellichick did with Lawyer Milloy? Huh? HUH? He sacrificed him and everybody thought he was a dumbass, but he is in the superbowl aint he? Hell yeah i said dont draft Winslow! WHY! He has a big mouth that says the WRONG things. At least Shannon knew what he COULDNT say and never lashed out in anger against somebody publically. Besides that, you HAVENT EVEN SEEN putzier play yet. He is the EXACT carbon copy of a Ben troupe type, size(6"4 254 lbs.), speed(4.6 40 yard dash) and great hands(training camp) WTF do we need to put a rookie in front of our 4 REMAINING TE's automatically for? You dont think thats disrespectin a guy you havent even given a chance. I am not in the bizarre world, i feel like im the ONLY realistic one around here! Talking about "Oh we'll just trade up to get Winslow" WTF is that! Dont you know we have other concerns, other than that, why give up a draft pick or a key player for a pos. we already have very capable untested and waiting for their chance players! Now you say i want to get rid of shanahan! Isnt it funny that I'm the ONLY one defending his job after losses most of the time! I have an understanding of the situations and i dont like having to defend myself all the time over something that should be blatantly obvious. People only think about the players and not the team. If we have 5 good WR before the draft why the hell would we draft another WR in the draft? Just cause they are the best available player? So freakin what! WE HAVE OTHER NEEDS. I wish people would get off the lower intelligence level!

Whew, that felt really really good.
                      Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-21-2004, 01:30 PM.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                        I wish people would get off the lower intelligence level!
                        Understand the position you take and how important it is to you, but be careful. omeone who has been disagreeing with you might take exception to that last part.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Understand the position you take and how important it is to you, but be careful. omeone who has been disagreeing with you might take exception to that last part.
                          i had to let it out. if they have a prob, they'll tell me.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            If your talking about the first game of the season he did pull Plummer after the was well in hand. Shanahan did the right thing pulling Jackson when he did. As far as Jacksons establishing himself next summer I not so sure he wont get cut before then. Remeber the only reason that he was resigned was because of injury problems at the qb position and because of his familarity with the offense.
                            He did NOT take plummer out after the 1st QUARTER though. like i said, jackson can improve, its just a matter of the time the coaches arent putting in to change his mechanics. jackson cant change them on his on. thats what a coach is for anyway. Shanahan did not do the right thing pulling jackson out for kanell(who we have already seen). We only scored 10 points we were gonna lose anyway. Now, you all base your judgement on his quarter and wont give him a chance to get past the nervousness. all the years he has been here, he probably hasnt even played in more than a quarter in any game, so how is he supposed to impress any of you? I think its the coaches fault for not taking time changing his mechanics. Just cause he has been on the team for 3 years doesnt mean he has been COACHED fro 3 years. As i said, look what they are doing with mike vick! Mike Vick! MIKE VICK! Its the EXACT same thing we should have doing with jackson, even if he is a backup.
                            Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-21-2004, 02:49 PM.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                            X