Early Super Bowl Pick:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Super Bowl Pick:

Well..it's the New England Patriots and carolina Pathers...

I was all for Tom brady during the playoffs...but now I got a mind change...I'm rooting for the Cats..

Just wondering who you guys are picking?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

im also pullin for the catssssss prolly summin like 13-10....

Comment

I think it's going to be high scoring!

Panthers: 28
      Patriots:17

Comment

Here kitty-kitty!

Go Panthers!
        I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

Go Cats

Hate the patriots after that SB win against the Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Eight
            Go Cats

Hate the patriots after that SB win against the Rams
            Well...here's why I pick the Cats:

1. Carolina has stronger defense.

I seriously think Carolina's defense is a lot more physical than the Patriots.

Teddy Brewski (or whatever his name is) is a product of John madden...the guy is totally overrated. Are you telling me this guy is better than Al Wilson?

2. Carolina has a better running game.

Rest us Stephen Davis, Desaun Foster and ever He hate Me himself Rod Smart is a deep running threat.

3. Waaay better recievers. Steve Smith and Mushin Muhamad are totally underrated and cvan kill secondaries.

Now the Patriots have a strong seconday...and the game plan is to stop the run and make Delhome pass..but I think carolina can pull this one off!

Comment

Now are you just trying to test to see if I'm paying attention or what?, but in the last Super Bowl pick post, when I picked the Panthers, I swear your response was:

No [email protected] I say they will beat Philadelphia...but not the Patriots...they are bound to win and they prove they are the best team of the season!

Were you being sarcastic?, and my sarcy radar didn't pick up on it, or are you trying to futher addle, my already addled brain?

Comment

carolina 21
                new england 17

im so impressed with that carolina defense too, man, them guys are some fine football players. i thought if carolina didnt make it to the s.b. the game would be boring but that new england defense was pretty exciting yesterday. now i change my thoughts, it should be twice as exciting. did you see what those guys did to McNabb though? they're gonna kill Brady! ya, there should be some pretty bad ass hits.
                mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoolah
                  Now are you just trying to test to see if I'm paying attention or what?, but in the last Super Bowl pick post, when I picked the Panthers, I swear your response was:

No [email protected] I say they will beat Philadelphia...but not the Patriots...they are bound to win and they prove they are the best team of the season!

Were you being sarcastic?, and my sarcy radar didn't pick up on it, or are you trying to futher addle, my already addled brain?
                  HAHA.....good catch Hoo-stah

I did pick the Patriots...but yesterday evening when I was watching the Patriots game..when the punter kicked the ball out of bounds for a safety, I recalled the game when the Pats beat the Broncos...

then all of a sudden, I was doing some serious hating....so I was rooting for the Panthers during their game and decided I will go with them.

Besides...Jake Delhome was my fantasy QB!~

Comment

Have to disagree on that analysis....

- Carolina doesn't have a better/stronger D then NE, but they do have a very good D with a tough front 4. Hard to say how good the secondary of Carolina is with McNabb tossing up lollipops that were off target (plus those hands-of-stone Philly receivers).
                    Both D's have similiar stats.

- Carolina has a great looking Running game, but NE has a very good run D. They focused on Manning and left James to get some big runs in AFCC. I also don't think the Carolina receivers are that great.... good, with Muhammed [sic?] size being a factor. However, NE's secondary is very good, so that'll be interesting. Ty Law will be on Steve Smith I would assume, and based on past history, that takes Steve Smith out of the game. Let's see what the rest of the Pat's secondary can do with whats left of Carolina recievers. NE will focus on stopping the run and take it's chances that Delhomme can't beat them himself.

- NE's run game is nothing to post on a website about, so I just hope they mix in some runs to keep Carolina honest. It'll be dink-n-dunk city, I'm sure.

- Pats recievers are very underatted (but also undersized). Look for both D's to be very physical. I'll take Troy Brown in a big game/big play situation over anyone on Carolina.

Many of current Pat's players have played in a superbowl (some have played in 2) so they know what it's like. Turnovers will probably decide this game as I don't think either team can afford mistakes.

What remains to be seen is if the AFC is that much stronger then the NFC. Were the Titans and colts much tougher teams to face then the Cowboys (no "O") Rams (clueless coach) and Philly (insert comment here) ??? Who would win in a Titan's vs. Philly/Rams/Cowboys game? How about Colts vs. Philly/Rams/Cowboys ? How about Bronco's vs. Philly/Rams/Cowboys? I'd take Bronco's in any of those games.
                    How about Chiefs vs. Philly/Rams/Cowboys ?

Oh yeah... Bruschi is not overated. This guys has a huge heart and plays hard every play. He's one of those overachievers that makes up for lack of natural talent with hard work. I don't know if he's better then this or that other linebacker, but I'd take him on my team any day (which is good.... because he's on it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots44
                      Have to disagree on that analysis....

- Carolina doesn't have a better/stronger D then NE, but they do have a very good D with a tough front 4. ....

- Carolina has a great looking Running game, but NE has a very good run D. They focused on Manning and left James to get some big runs in AFCC.

NE's run game is nothing to post on a website about, so I just hope they mix in some runs to keep Carolina honest. It'll be dink-n-dunk city, I'm sure.
                      Oh yeah... Bruschi is not overated. This guys has a huge heart and plays hard every play. He's one of those overachievers that makes up for lack of natural talent with hard work.
                      Good post on your team...good luck in two weeks!

I'm not a scout but I did catch both games yesterday and I think the edge goes to Carolina generally because we haven't played them in a couple of years and the Patriots beat the Broncos last.

I hope we see a good game!

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                        HAHA.....good catch Hoo-stah

I did pick the Patriots...but yesterday evening when I was watching the Patriots game..when the punter kicked the ball out of bounds for a safety, I recalled the game when the Pats beat the Broncos...

then all of a sudden, I was doing some serious hating....so I was rooting for the Panthers during their game and decided I will go with them.

Besides...Jake Delhome was my fantasy QB!~
                        Plenty good reasons!

It's funny what can stir up anti team feeling!

I'm in love the Panthers cuz I had their D in my Fantasy team, and for some unknown reason, I just don't like the Pats. That doesn't mean I don't respect their ability!, I came across some snidey Pats fans at the Monday night game this season, I know this is possible with every team's fans, but it just stays with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoolah
                          Plenty good reasons!

It's funny what can stir up anti team feeling!

I'm in love the Panthers cuz I had their D in my Fantasy team, and for some unknown reason, I just don't like the Pats. That doesn't mean I don't respect their ability!, I came across some snidey Pats fans at the Monday night game this season, I know this is possible with every team's fans, but it just stays with you.
                          You're right....them Pats fans gave us so much hell...

They deserve to feel the pain of losing the Super Bowl.

I rather lose in the playoffs than lose in the big game!

Comment

I am going against the tide here.

I say the Pats will do it. Keep it in the AFC. That is an old "cliche" but I am an AFC guy and want the trophy back on our side.

Patriots: 27
                            Panthers: 24

Who are these no named Panthers anyway? Cinderella seasons rarely pan out. They have had a great year and could pull it off, but my magic 8Ball said: Go with experience.

Should be a great game regardless. Big screen/surround sound party at my house!
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                              I am going against the tide here.

I say the Pats will do it. Keep it in the AFC. That is an old "cliche" but I am an AFC guy and want the trophy back on our side.

Patriots: 27
                              Panthers: 24

Who are these no named Panthers anyway? Cinderella seasons rarely pan out. They have had a great year and could pull it off, but my magic 8Ball said: Go with experience.

Should be a great game regardless. Big screen/surround sound party at my house!
                              The broncos were no names too in 97.

Comment

Working...
                              X