Special Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Teams

Now that Frankie is gone (thank you Cards), does Shanny promote from within? Steal an up-and-comer from another team?
    IMO, they couldn't be any worse without a coach....just line em up...and tell them to hit everyone close to them...and fall forward when close to an opponent !LOL
    Last edited by rcsodak; 01-19-2004, 06:15 PM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

I'm glad frank bush is gone. if he was the one tellin the special teamers to dodge the blockers and go for the ball carrier, thats not how ist supposed to be done, they are supposed to SMASH into the wedge! then go for the tackle
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
      I'm glad frank bush is gone. if he was the one tellin the special teamers to dodge the blockers and go for the ball carrier, thats not how ist supposed to be done, they are supposed to SMASH into the wedge! then go for the tackle
      And avoid getting clipped in the back by a hated rival. We know those won't get called...
      Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

is this true?

my wish has come true. no more special teams coach. first marbury goes to the knicks and now the special teams coach is gone for denver. i can almost cry i'm so happy. our special teams to me IMO was the worst in the league. we gave up so many yards on kickoffs and punt returns. hopefully we get a good coach. anybody know who is in the running.
        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: is this true?

Originally posted by bklynbronco
          my wish has come true. no more special teams coach. first marbury goes to the knicks and now the special teams coach is gone for denver. i can almost cry i'm so happy. our special teams to me IMO was the worst in the league. we gave up so many yards on kickoffs and punt returns. hopefully we get a good coach. anybody know who is in the running.
          i think the answer is simple. forget what coach we bring in,they should just tell the players to just SMASH into the wedge of the other team. They need to bust up the Wedge FIRST,before they try to tackle the ball carrier. That's the only problem we have,we try to run AROUND the blockers instead of into them. so we are always out of position and the wedge just goes on to block somebody else. Its that simple, i watched time and time again and its always the same thing.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: is this true?

Originally posted by bklynbronco
            What is your next wish?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Re: Re: is this true?

Originally posted by tahuya man
              The only problem with that is that you won't be doing it for very long. The injury list grows and then where will your special teams be?
              forget about that. every other team does it. Thats the right way to handle kickoff returns. you dont run around blockers, are you gonna argue that you do?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

We need either to draft or pick up in free agency a kick returner and punt returner. Deltha might do the job.

We need someone though that can put a fear in defenses and that has enough speed to take to the endzone if the blocking is there.

Droughn is not fast enough. Until this year Deltha was always afraid of getting hurt, even though he was sure handed.

I think one of the free agents we picked up before or at the last of the season is kick returner. I am not sure how good he is though.

MarTay Jenkins is the person that came from the Cardinals and has has had NFL experience in this.
                He was also a wide reciever for the Cardinals.
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Re: is this true?

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                  What is your next wish?
                  next wish; FA signing of a stud CB or drafting a stud CB maybe that Viginia tech CB. he also returns punts.
                  Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                  X