No announcement yet.

Shannon Sharpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putzier is probably faster than sharpe was. jeb ran a 4.6 in the 40! Thats fast for a 250 pounder. He can easily replace sharpe on the field.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
      Putzier is probably faster than sharpe was. jeb ran a 4.6 in the 40! Thats fast for a 250 pounder. He can easily replace sharpe on the field.
      Easy there Lava...Sharpe is the best TE to ever play the game. Jeb may or may not develop into a quality tight end, but those are HUGE shoes to fill..(Sharpe)
      Originally posted by boltzpride619
      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I mean putzier is fast, he can catch, he can block, he runs good routes, he has good leg drive, good size overall, he can replace sharpe.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

A good prospect, no doubt...we'll have to wait and see just how good he will be. The intangible things that come into play in football games are what made Sharpe phenomenol. Sharpe has great seperation for a big man and awesome foot speed with glue like hands and an extraordinary intellect for game situations.
          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
            A good prospect, no doubt...we'll have to wait and see just how good he will be. The intangible things that come into play in football games are what made Sharpe phenomenol. Sharpe has great seperation for a big man and awesome foot speed with glue like hands and an extraordinary intellect for game situations.
            all of which can be taught, which im sure shannon has been doing with jeb.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

all of which can be taught, which im sure shannon has been doing with jeb.
              No doubt...look at how good Todd Heap is after being under Sharpe's tutiledge.

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
                No doubt...look at how good Todd Heap is after being under Sharpe's tutiledge.
                yup, so it wont hurt that much if he leaves.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

yup, so it wont hurt that much if he leaves.
                  LAVA!! Putz replace Sharpe.

A coach can only coach so much, the players have to have the talent and the ability themselves!! You are giving Shanny to much credit here. You expect him to make players out of Putzier, JJ, and others. A coach can only do so much!!
                  Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                    LAVA!! Putz replace Sharpe.

A coach can only coach so much, the players have to have the talent and the ability themselves!! You are giving Shanny to much credit here. You expect him to make players out of Putzier, JJ, and others. A coach can only do so much!!
                    I expect him to make a player out of JJ, thats what a coach is supposed to do. ask the falcons how they are doing with the mike vick project. Thats the EXACT same thing as the broncos should be doing with Jackson, you dont let those tools go to waste by drafting another QB. Putzier has the talent on his own, He is EXACTLY like a ben troupe, but nobody has given him a chance at all. You saw one GB game where he played sparingly and had an average game, BIG DEAL. he runs a 4.6 40 has good size and great hands, he can play. you all are trying to bring in winslow and troupe and automatically putting them ahead of carswell and putzier(who had sharpe to learn from)! Give the guy a chance.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Putzier

I watched the Greenbay game he was looking good, Carswell and Putzier have been under sharpe for a hot lil minute; Not to mention that Patrick Hape guy we got from the Giants we've got 3 TE's already so we are kind of set then again I like the idea of bringing in Winslow he's a F*c*i&^ Solider he could make that jump to be a vocal leader he's got a big mouth like sharpe he's lucrative. I see Middlebrooks getting some PT at RCB/FS, we have Deltha at WR so he can take Mccafrrey's spot if he learns the book quick enough he'll be our slot guy or the 2nd slot guy (4th WR). I don't want Sharpie to go though he's damn good.
                      sigpic
                      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

I have absolutely no expectations of Oneal. I will be suprised if ever plays a game again with Denver. That is exactly why we need another WR. Our WR's have just not panned out lately.
                        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Putzier

Originally posted by vicious2500
                          I see Middlebrooks getting some PT at RCB/FS
                          I hope middlebrooks plays. he will be a BIG help in the secondary. I just know it. He has better size than ferguson and has more speed too. plus his man to man skills are better i dont know why he hasnt switched to safety permenantly, its obvious his speed has been reduced from his injuries.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Back to the idea of replacing Sharp, no matter how good Jeb, is there is no substitute for Game Day experience. Jeb can step in but he will not be a "Sharpe", unless he picks up very quickly. The other veterans in the offense will have to "
                            step up their games" if we want get the production we did out of Shannon.

I think we need a good wide reciever. Deltha wants to play cornerback not wide receiver. I wonder if Shanahan will trade him for a draft pick and players or will force him to play wide receiver.

That will be an interesting power struggle because Deltha is locked up with his contract and the Broncos don't want to give up the cap dollars. He could be stuck.

That brings up the subject of Ashley Lelie and is he as good as what we need him to be...
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I think ashley will be fine, he bulked up a lot so i can see how he would drop some passes during the season. The same thing kind of happened with me. As long as he stays the off season and works with jake in catching short medium long and deep passes, he will turn consistent. I understand what he went through, it can easily be fixed. i'm not worried about him at all, he will turn out to be just what we want. As far a Deltha Oneal, i still keep hoe alive that we put him back on D, playing WR helps a CB a lot as i also know from experience, but deltha might not take the time to learn the WR position. If not, then i say we trade him for something, but if he really gets into this playing WR then he can turn into a shut down CB on the othr side. I know some of you wont believe me but i know from experience. WR/CB help each other tremendously.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Good points one and all.
                                My line of thinking is this:

From To
                                Elway Greasy (no good)
                                Mecklenburg ?
                                Atwater ?
                                It just seems to me that every time on of the outstanding players retire (or get traded) the person that takes their place doesn't seem to be able to do the job as good as they are predicted to. I think that a rookie drafted for a specific position should only get a one year deal for minimum $. That would give him the drive to go out on the field and perform at his absolute best. If he turns out to be overrated then cut him at the end of the season, don't keep paying him for bad performances at game time. Make him PROVE on the field that he would fit the system and perform.

I'm not referring to any specific player, or expect that a rookie would step into a slot and play like a veteran, however, at the end of a year, unless he gets hurt, a coach should be able to tell if his rookie is gonna work out or not.
                                Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X