X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    He is with Minnesota, right? or was last year?

Is Brad Smith from Mizzou coming out? He ran the option, so he is mobile, but the thing that impresseed me, according to what I read one time in ESPN the mag, was that in the shotgun, spread, and pro sets, he was actually MORE accurate (something like 60%) He completed passes to something like 26 different recievers this season, so its not like he had two great wideouts to inflate his stats. He has great athletic ability. I wonder if he would either be long term QB project or a great conversion to WR?
    brad smith is stayin in school....mcmahon is in detriot n i think they'd want at least a 3rd round pick thats pretty steep price 2 get him....

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by pikman
    Pardon my ignorance in regards to NCAA football but, what about the kid from Ohio State (Craig Krenzell, I think) he strikes me as a big, mobile QB. He also is smart enough to handle shanahans offence.

Just a thought.
    Smart, but not mobile, IMO. Someone may take a chance on him, but I think he really really wants to be what he studied in college (molecular biology, I believe).

Arm strength never impressd me either, although he makes great decisions at the line of scrimmage.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by AsianOrange
    What about that Bishop guy? I thought he was Bledsoe's successor?
    Kansas State, right?

Where is he these days?

Leave a comment:

• pikman
    replied
    Pardon my ignorance in regards to NCAA football but, what about the kid from Ohio State (Craig Krenzell, I think) he strikes me as a big, mobile QB. He also is smart enough to handle shanahans offence.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    What about that Bishop guy? I thought he was Bledsoe's successor?

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied

The only other mobile QB out there that i think has some skills is: Mike McMahon.
    He is with Minnesota, right? or was last year?

Is Brad Smith from Mizzou coming out? He ran the option, so he is mobile, but the thing that impresseed me, according to what I read one time in ESPN the mag, was that in the shotgun, spread, and pro sets, he was actually MORE accurate (something like 60%) He completed passes to something like 26 different recievers this season, so its not like he had two great wideouts to inflate his stats. He has great athletic ability. I wonder if he would either be long term QB project or a great conversion to WR?

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared

I think the back up in Jacksonville, David Garrard would be a good fit. Mobile, pretty good arm. Outplayed Brunell in the pre-season, in my opinion. Brunell started anyway, and then Garrard got jumped by Leftwich, which is understandable I guess. But he showed some potential to me. I am guessing that he wouldn't cost much to get in a trade. Of course, JAX will be getting rid of Brunell, so they will probably extend Garrard's contract because he wil be valuable as a back up to them.

HHHrrmmm...didn't think about that. He didn't have to run too much because he was in Miami and he had Portis behind him along with McGahee and Payton.

I think....he has a solid arm and knows how to win.

Dangit Jared.....I'm not retracting my comment...I say get him!

The only other mobile QB out there that i think has some skills is: Mike McMahon.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Well, Rattay clearly is entrenched ahead of Dorsey on the depth chart in SF. And it appears Erickson wants to throw the ball long more often, which plays to Rattay's strengths over Garcia and Dorsey. So, I don't know if that is even a possibility that they would take a deal for Dorsey.

Assuming they do, I don't really like his skills. He isn't mobile enough for my tastes, especially considering how much Shanahan and Kubiak use bootlegs and roll outs. He is tall and has no worse an arm than Plummer, but I don't think he is a fit for the Broncos offense.

I think the back up in Jacksonville, David Garrard would be a good fit. Mobile, pretty good arm. Outplayed Brunell in the pre-season, in my opinion. Brunell started anyway, and then Garrard got jumped by Leftwich, which is understandable I guess. But he showed some potential to me. I am guessing that he wouldn't cost much to get in a trade. Of course, JAX will be getting rid of Brunell, so they will probably extend Garrard's contract because he wil be valuable as a back up to them.

Leave a comment:

• pikman
    replied
    Re: Ken Dorsey....

Now that some people are suggesting we get a young QB in camp...how about this guy: Ken Dorsey?

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/playerin...amRosterID=227

Look at that college record...that's like bling baby!

And check this out...he's already been part of the West Coast offense when he was a Cane and now in San Fransisco where Bill Walsh himself picked up the guy.

I think I'm a little bit too Hurricane bias as of late....but trade for this guy rather than pick somebody up.

Unless the 49ers have something up their sleeve.
    Then who's gonna drive Garcia to practice.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    started a topic Ken Dorsey....

Ken Dorsey....

Now that some people are suggesting we get a young QB in camp...how about this guy: Ken Dorsey?

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/playerin...amRosterID=227

Look at that college record...that's like bling baby!

And check this out...he's already been part of the West Coast offense when he was a Cane and now in San Fransisco where Bill Walsh himself picked up the guy.

I think I'm a little bit too Hurricane bias as of late....but trade for this guy rather than pick somebody up.

Unless the 49ers have something up their sleeve.
Working...
X