Must Stay Aggressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Stay Aggressive

The Broncos play much more aggressive at home, and seem much more protective on the road.

If we want to win this week, we have got to change that. When the whistle blows, Shanny and Co. need to empower the players with aggressive playcalling, on both sides of the ball.

We can't wait for something to happen, or else something will happen to us.

For us on D, the right side of the JAX o-line is their biggest weakness right now, and Leftwhich has been prone to getting hit. Coyer has got to keep turning loose the D, especially the front 4 IMHO.

On offense, the Jags D-line is obviously their strengh and they are going to be coming full force, especially early. I would look to use the middle of the field early and often on RB screens, and TE dumps to expose the push that they probably will get. Allow the Jags' push to create extra space for us on offense, and keep Charlie Adams (he's healthy, good hands, tough) , Rod, and D-Watts running slants while Lelie stretches the field deep. Lelie will draw safety help, or else he'll beat them consistently. We have got to use the whole field and plan on doing so while enduring a quick front 4 pass rush.

But the bottom line IMHO is, STAY AGGRESSIVE from the get go. I believe this game is as pivotal as any game we will play this season, and will go a long way to determining whether or not we will improve on last year. It is a confidence game, an AFC opponent, and will be a real dogfight.

If we win, I believe it sets us up very well to take a step forward this year. If we lose, I think it will be a tough road striving for a wild card all year and fighting off the jekyll and hyde mentality.

Agreed...it is really a national respect game...the whole league knows that we're competetive at home, but what can we do on the road espcially in the AFC? It's time to make a statement and the way to do it is exactly what you said...BE AGGRESSIVE..
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

I agree completely with each of the previous two posts. I'd rather be blown out than lose close with a conservative gameplan.
      Boss

Comment

Originally posted by BossBruce
        I agree completely with each of the previous two posts. I'd rather be blown out than lose with a close and conservative gameplan.
        i would agree with that 90% of the time this week may be different. We are playing a team that is very pedestrian on offense and very good on defense (not to mention we maybe starting two rookie corners) i think we need to take our shots but i think this one calls for a very low risk approach.
        PROUD BREEDER OF 3 BRONCO FANS AND STILL PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clokwork orange
          i would agree with that 90% of the time this week may be different. We are playing a team that is very pedestrian on offense and very good on defense (not to mention we maybe starting two rookie corners) i think we need to take our shots but i think this one calls for a very low risk approach.
          Would Bill Belicheck take that approach? I understand your point, but we need to play like champs if that's what we want to be.
          Boss

Comment

This game will (IMO) come down to field position, suggesting that the offense should play their game, taking the shots when they're there, but not force anything. Our Defense (assuming they continue their stellar play) will contain the JaX offense, giving Denver good field position through the game. Occasionally, the big plays will be there (and fewer Denver mistakes will put increasing pressure on JaX, thus making those plays available): THAT is the time to be aggressive.
            "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Look for alot of 2-TE sets, I think Shanny had these guys in mind...........

Comment

Agressive play has earned us 2 wins, Shanny and Co. know this and I doubt that they will be changing this formula for success in Jacksonville.
                Our offense must score at least 3 times and our Def can hold a slightly injured Leftwich in check.
                I have a good feeling that we will play the type of football we displayed on MNF.

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
                  Agressive play has earned us 2 wins, Shanny and Co. know this and I doubt that they will be changing this formula for success in Jacksonville.
                  Our offense must score at least 3 times and our Def can hold a slightly injured Leftwich in check.
                  I have a good feeling that we will play the type of football we displayed on MNF.
                  Man do I hope you're right...we saw this time and time again last year...the promise and hope of a quality win follwed by the despair of an ugly loss...A victory against a VERY good jaguars team would go a long way in validating this team.
                  Boss

Comment

i think we need to score at least 23 points to beat jacksonville on sunday
                    I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

If we can stop taylor the game is ours.

He is averaging 3.5 a carry.

Make them throw the ball and leftwich will not be able to convert just like last year the had a 176 net total offensive yards all game, 67 rushing and 109 passing

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/[email protected]

If the weather is decent no reason we can't dominate this team.

Make sure Mikey puts in an early wake up call for them so they will be awake at kick off..

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                        If we can stop taylor the game is ours.

He is averaging 3.5 a carry.

Make them throw the ball and leftwich will not be able to convert just like last year the had a 176 net total offensive yards all game, 67 rushing and 109 passing

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/[email protected]

If the weather is decent no reason we can't dominate this team.

Make sure Mikey puts in an early wake up call for them so they will be awake at kick off..

I was just about to post those stats also. OUr D will continue to play well I believe. OUr O is going to have to come up with a way to move the ball and get touchdowns not FG's in this one.

Comment

I agree that we need to be aggressive on playcalling. If you recall the first week in Miami, we ran the ball 3 times in a row the first series on offense. That told me shanahan was soo nervous plummer was going to make a mistake deep in their own territory that he wouldnt even let jake throw. That carried on the whole game until we were too far down to catch up.

We cannot afford to do this again. I hope we come out throwing the ball like we did against san diego and KC. Both times we did this we drove all the way down the field efficently into the red zone. If shanahan makes a good game plan for the first offensive series. It will either allow us to take and early and important lead, or at worst, take control of the field position battle for the first half of the game.

As for defense, im not concered about fred taylor. Denver has always been good about stopping the run, and i dont think we need to put too much emphasis on that. I'm alot more concered about the pass game. Just becasue JAX doesnt score very many points doesnt mean they dont have a good passing game. Leftwich is a very good passer and jimmy smith always gets it done and has a knack of catching that deep bomb at some point in close games. Champs injury will probably prompt JAX to want to throw more anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
                            __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

The formula for success changes weekly.

Comment

The key is to let our D- line play full passrush every down. We did this to KC and it worked. Let our LBs and Safeties worry about run containment. All four of our front 4 need to be in full passrush all night to prevent being beaten by Jax's larger receivers. Having the D-line in full passrush will eliminate their play-action abilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X