Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Jacksonville

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greetings from Jacksonville

    I am looking forward the game this week, we seem to bring out the best and worst of each other. I hear you guys looked real good monday night, I missed it as I was at work. Sounds like your front 7 on "D" are playing lights out, and our "O" line has Jaguar Nation on suicide watch. Advantage Broncos.
    Our "D" is stellar, we have been pleasantly surprised by our pass defense. Our problem will be holding Jake down on his 3rd down scrambles. Our run defense has not been what we expect so far, but we have been daring peolpe run on us. With the Denver running back factory in full force (how do you guys keep finding these guys) that could prove costly. Paul Spicer will be playing with a chip on his shoulder, and Reggie Hayward will want to play well against his old team. Advantage Jacksonville.
    I think the game will come down to the intangables. You guys are coming off the short week, and a big win over a divisional opponent. You are leaving the thin air, and coming to the Florida heat. That along with the whole Florida mental thing your team has. Should be a close game with us pulling it out late. We have a love/hate relationship with the Cardiac Cats.
    Here's to a good game with no injuries.

  • #2
    Originally posted by copycat781
    Should be a close game with us pulling it out late.
    Welcome to the boards. Great, classy post. I agree with all of it except the part above

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
      Welcome to the boards. Great, classy post. I agree with all of it except the part above
      I would expect nothing less.

      Comment


      • #4
        Like Calif. Bronco I also extend you and the other Jags fans here this week a warm welcome. Broncos to win though, by a whisker.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, I expect the game to be close. The Jags Dline scares me the most, that along with our banged up secondary. If the Dline for the Broncs can't pressure leftwich, it's going to be a long day for our secondary I think.

          Comment


          • #6
            Welcome to all Jag fans.

            This game worries me just a little because of that infamous Florida curse that hangs over this team.

            I see a very even match up here. But I think our D does have the edge right now. They are on fire and playing well as a unit.

            May the best team win.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by copycat781
              I am looking forward the game this week, we seem to bring out the best and worst of each other. I hear you guys looked real good monday night, I missed it as I was at work. Sounds like your front 7 on "D" are playing lights out, and our "O" line has Jaguar Nation on suicide watch. Advantage Broncos.
              Our "D" is stellar, we have been pleasantly surprised by our pass defense. Our problem will be holding Jake down on his 3rd down scrambles. Our run defense has not been what we expect so far, but we have been daring peolpe run on us. With the Denver running back factory in full force (how do you guys keep finding these guys) that could prove costly. Paul Spicer will be playing with a chip on his shoulder, and Reggie Hayward will want to play well against his old team. Advantage Jacksonville.
              I think the game will come down to the intangables. You guys are coming off the short week, and a big win over a divisional opponent. You are leaving the thin air, and coming to the Florida heat. That along with the whole Florida mental thing your team has. Should be a close game with us pulling it out late. We have a love/hate relationship with the Cardiac Cats.
              Here's to a good game with no injuries.
              While there are many factors to consider, I feel there are two main keys to the game:

              1) Can we run effectively on you? Last year, the Jags held our running game to 3 yards per carry. We have to do better than that this year. No offense but I hope you're right about your rush defense struggling right now.

              2) Can our defense get consistent pressure on Leftwich? I like Leftwich but he's pretty stationary back there and I think rattling him will mess up your entire offense.

              Let's hope for a healthy game with lots of excitement. Welcome to the boards!
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm always nervous about your Broncs, but one thing is certain, Leftwich can't be "rattled". You can hit him, you can sack him, but you won't rattle him. My favorite thing about him, besides his toughness, is that he's unflappable. He's as calm as Elway ever was, and he's quietly becoming as clutch.

                While our run defense isn't on par with 2003 (#2 in the league), it has been a product of the defensive game plans to date. A look at our defense's standing will show we're ranked #2 overall, #1 in the AFC.

                This should be a national game given each team's performances so far, and I expect this game to be entertaining no matter the outcome. Here's to an injury free game and may the best team win with all their guns blazing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am looking forward to a tremendous game. Unfortunately for me, I will be forced to watch the San Diego and New England game due to my location in the southwest. The Jags scare me this week, they have Paul Spicer who wants the heads of every Denver player on a platter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                    Welcome to all Jag fans.

                    This game worries me just a little because of that infamous Florida curse that hangs over this team.

                    I see a very even match up here. But I think our D does have the edge right now. They are on fire and playing well as a unit.

                    May the best team win.
                    Yep, but until Monday night we also had a curse last year about playing in prime time, and particularly playing badly on Monday nights.

                    One more curse broken.

                    The forecast for Jax on game day right now is for considerably cooler than when we played Miami in Week 1. Our D line is playing very well and defense in general is playing well. If we can stop Priest and hold him to 61 yards, we may be able to stop Fred as well. My concern is more about our offense moving the ball well against your defense.

                    I predict a Bronco win by 13 points (two FG and a TD) for a Bronco Nation win. I don't think we will start getting overconfident yet until we play Washington. Then we may have problems. ;-)
                    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I expect a great game. It seems we have become arch-rivals, even though we are not in the same division. Might go back to the "jag-wad" comments made by Wood and the rest of your press.

                      In any event, I look forward to the game.

                      By the way, Jags 21 - Broncos 10.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RWBinJax
                        I expect a great game. It seems we have become arch-rivals, even though we are not in the same division.
                        I think it has to do with a certain playoff game several years ago that most of us don't like to talk about

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by copycat781
                          I am looking forward the game this week, we seem to bring out the best and worst of each other. I hear you guys looked real good monday night, I missed it as I was at work. Sounds like your front 7 on "D" are playing lights out, and our "O" line has Jaguar Nation on suicide watch. Advantage Broncos.
                          Our "D" is stellar, we have been pleasantly surprised by our pass defense. Our problem will be holding Jake down on his 3rd down scrambles. Our run defense has not been what we expect so far, but we have been daring peolpe run on us. With the Denver running back factory in full force (how do you guys keep finding these guys) that could prove costly. Paul Spicer will be playing with a chip on his shoulder, and Reggie Hayward will want to play well against his old team. Advantage Jacksonville.
                          I think the game will come down to the intangables. You guys are coming off the short week, and a big win over a divisional opponent. You are leaving the thin air, and coming to the Florida heat. That along with the whole Florida mental thing your team has. Should be a close game with us pulling it out late. We have a love/hate relationship with the Cardiac Cats.
                          Here's to a good game with no injuries.
                          Welcome to the board.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Javalon

                            Originally posted by Javalon
                            While there are many factors to consider, I feel there are two main keys to the game:

                            1) Can we run effectively on you? Last year, the Jags held our running game to 3 yards per carry. We have to do better than that this year. No offense but I hope you're right about your rush defense struggling right now.

                            2) Can our defense get consistent pressure on Leftwich? I like Leftwich but he's pretty stationary back there and I think rattling him will mess up your entire offense.

                            Let's hope for a healthy game with lots of excitement. Welcome to the boards!
                            Your sig is a bit toooo big, please resize it, thanks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It would be nice to see the Jags in the playoffs again. But as for week 4, I just think the Bronc's will win by sheer power.
                              Denver 16, Jags 13
                              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X