Greetings from Jacksonville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoviBronco
    Your sig is a bit toooo big, please resize it, thanks.
    You mean the resolution or file size? Because I purposely used a higher compression method in order to keep the file size reasonable.

I keep my monitor at a 1024 x 768 resolution and there is plenty of room on either side.

Assuming an 800 x 600 for many monitors, what should by my maximum width in pixels?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      You mean the resolution or file size? Because I purposely used a higher compression method in order to keep the file size reasonable.

I keep my monitor at a 1024 x 768 resolution and there is plenty of room on either side.

Assuming an 800 x 600 for many monitors, what should by my maximum width in pixels?
      It's a tad wide, but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
        Welcome to all Jag fans.

This game worries me just a little because of that infamous Florida curse that hangs over this team.

I see a very even match up here. But I think our D does have the edge right now. They are on fire and playing well as a unit.

May the best team win.

I hope we learned a lesson against Miami and preperation for the weather in Florida in September and playing an early game. If you remember last year, we went to Florida twice, lost to Jax in week 2 and beat Tampa a couple weeks later. I look for the same to happen this year.

A lot of us said the Miami loss was probably a good thing that could happen to this team after the undefeated preseason and having to go back to FL a couple weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
          It's a tad wide, but not much.
          Okay, Jovi. How's that?
          ------

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
            I hope we learned a lesson against Miami and preperation for the weather in Florida in September and playing an early game. If you remember last year, we went to Florida twice, lost to Jax in week 2 and beat Tampa a couple weeks later. I look for the same to happen this year.

A lot of us said the Miami loss was probably a good thing that could happen to this team after the undefeated preseason and having to go back to FL a couple weeks later.
            I hope you're right. I hate the Florida jinx and a nice win this Sunday could go a long way to curing it. Hopefully the temperatures will be a bit cooler this time around.
            ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              Okay, Jovi. How's that?
              Much better, thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                It would be nice to see the Jags in the playoffs again. But as for week 4, I just think the Bronc's will win by sheer power.
                Denver 16, Jags 13
                That is the score I predicted in our contest that Deuce is handling very well btw.

I wouldn't even be surprised if it came down to a 7-6 type ending like our last visit. But Gawd I hope not!

Broncos were highly criticized the first two weeks and the KC game has seemed to shut them up for now. If we can perform on "all 3 phases" again, which we should do every week, we will come out on top. But I see this as a low scoring defensive battle.

Come on Jake and the boys. Prove me wrong! 48-3
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the board, copycat781

I hope you're wrong about who will pull it out.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                    I think it has to do with a certain playoff game several years ago that most of us don't like to talk about
                    You know, I'm kind of suprised that doesn't come up much on our board, except when we talk about the "Greatest Moments in Jaguar History".

One point my fellow Jag fan failed to mention was our special teams. They are playing better than ever this year. Scobie can kick it out of the endzone on kickoffs, and Hanson is leading the league in punts inside the 20.

What concerns me the most is our O line. They not only have been letting Byron get hit too much, but they are a bit banged up this week. I would think that you may see a heavy dose of Fred Taylor along with our runningback-turned-fullback Greg Jones.

Our D is playing as good as ever, but we still haven't seen the pass rush that we would like to see. I am also hoping that Spicer and Hayward "stay at home" and contain the misdirection and rollouts that I saw on Monday. You guys absolutly had the Chefs number!

Here's to a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by jagibelieve
                      One point my fellow Jag fan failed to mention was our special teams. They are playing better than ever this year.
                      This will probably be the deciding factor in this game. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched and I thought your pass rush was better than you said.

But I do admit that I have not really seen you guys play this year yet. That is about to change.

Any updates on the forecast?
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Forcast to be about 82 degrees with around 65% hummidity, slight breeze. The thing to keep in mind is it was near that for our last home game and the field temp was 110.

Comment

Originally posted by jagibelieve
                          Forcast to be about 82 degrees with around 65% hummidity, slight breeze. The thing to keep in mind is it was near that for our last home game and the field temp was 110.
                          Here is an update on that weather forecast...

84 degrees high, 72 low
                          Isolated T-storms throughout the day
                          Humidity 79%
                          Winds, strong, NE 19 mph

Looks like it's advantage Jags...
                          “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Working...
                          X