Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos are set for Glory next year, Why can't Plummer and Portis lead us HOME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the defense needs is a PRESENCE in the Secondary. Bring back another Steve Atwater. Kenoy Kennedy I don't think can lay the lumber like my boy Steve. We need another guy... like a Harrison or a Mike Doss. Then again, just my opinion. Of course having Mobley and Gold back 100% is also a key ingredient to success.

But man, oh man... I miss Steve!
    God Bless Japan.....

Comment

I would settle for a Dennis Smith at this point, but a Steve would be even better!

Comment

choke

Originally posted by Toro
        There will be a lot of pressure for Jake to do well next year with a pending bonus for him in March 2005 if they keep him. He will choke on the pressure just as he did in the Indy game.
        people throw that word around too easily. that was a complete meltdown by denver. how many drives were stopped by a stupid offensive line penalty. he didn't choke. jake got denver inside the colts 30 but was pushed back by offensive line and personal foul penalties. be careful when using the word choke. he didn't choke against the raiders in that mon nite game or the cleveland game when he hit lelie down the sidelines at the end of the game. or even the 1st indy game where after he threw the interception for a td. the very next play he connected with lelie with a bomb. then he ran a td in on pure talent. he has the ability to elevate his game when the pressure is on and the game is on the line.
        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

good point
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Don't get me wrong i like Jake awhole lot better than GREAZY. I just don't think he's the caliber of QB we should settle for in Denver. There will never be another Elway, but we need someone with those talents. Jake is a great scrambler and I love hime for that but we need a guy with a cannon arm to spread the field. Portis is the reall deal and Que. is the second coming of Barry Sanders so thats great, but we need a freak at QB.

Comment

The "D" should be healthy next year and the backups have proven themselves that they can play at the next level and not have much of a drop off... the "O" should be back with more experience and they have jelled to a point where there is one or two missing pieces for the whole team to excel, now we come to special teams... well never mind...
              Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

I think Plummer was a solid pickup last year. And the option to cut him after next season and not pay him the rest of his signing bonus was really smart. I hope he earns it.

However, there is nothing to say we couldn't upgrade at QB. If we could squeeze him under the salary cap, I think signing Mark Brunell would be great and let him and Jake battle it out for the starting spot. But that probably won't happen.

My biggest concern for the Broncos is how they will perform with Alex Gibbs skipping town. When he "retired" a couple of years ago the impact was immediate. I'm hoping Rick Dennison took advantage of having Gibbs there part-time the past few years to learn the job really well. But there's no way to tell until they actually play next year.

IF the Broncos can sign all of their key free agents on defense, and figure out some way to improve the secondary, I think we should have a good season.

My last concern is the Chiefs finally wising up and canning Greg Robinson and rehiring Gunther Cunningham. That guy was a great defensive coordinator and should never have been a head coach. The Chiefs next season already look tougher to me than they did this year where their defense made sure they wouldn't have great success. Combine that with our tough schedule and it could be very difficult to win the West next year.

Whew...What is it...still about 6 months till training camp? I can't wait!!! (Yes, I know the Super Bowl hasn't been played yet.)
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I think Jake solidified himself as the starter, he ha sbeen great a 90+ rating in this first year. all his tools fit our system perfect and i think a QB controversey would be bad for the team, they believe in jake and he gets the job done. I think the team is set for a super bowl run as is, as long as we resign our existing players. maybe we can get a speed CB in free agency, but if not oh well we dont really need one other than to add depth. I think the offense will do better if jake stays healthy which he has been pretty much over his career. The loss of gibbs wont hurt i dont think, he was only the assistant anyway. I actually think the defense will be the strength rather than the offense. i mean rod smith and ed mccaffrey are getting old, george foster may be starting so he wont be as dominant, and the addition of gold and mobley and ferguson will do well for our D. The D finished 4th and the O finished 7th. I say we start pryce on the inside so berry and hayward can start outside, them 3 are our best pass rushers and we need them to all be on the field at the same time instead of rotating. fatafehi has impressed so he should start too at the other tackle.
                  Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-24-2004, 11:31 AM.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                    I think Plummer was a solid pickup last year. And the option to cut him after next season and not pay him the rest of his signing bonus was really smart. I hope he earns it.

However, there is nothing to say we couldn't upgrade at QB. If we could squeeze him under the salary cap, I think signing Mark Brunell would be great and let him and Jake battle it out for the starting spot. But that probably won't happen.

My biggest concern for the Broncos is how they will perform with Alex Gibbs skipping town. When he "retired" a couple of years ago the impact was immediate. I'm hoping Rick Dennison took advantage of having Gibbs there part-time the past few years to learn the job really well. But there's no way to tell until they actually play next year.

IF the Broncos can sign all of their key free agents on defense, and figure out some way to improve the secondary, I think we should have a good season.

My last concern is the Chiefs finally wising up and canning Greg Robinson and rehiring Gunther Cunningham. That guy was a great defensive coordinator and should never have been a head coach. The Chiefs next season already look tougher to me than they did this year where their defense made sure they wouldn't have great success. Combine that with our tough schedule and it could be very difficult to win the West next year.

Whew...What is it...still about 6 months till training camp? I can't wait!!! (Yes, I know the Super Bowl hasn't been played yet.)
                    Interesting point Javalon, but even if Denver were to bring Brunell on board he would be the back up, the only way he could unseat Plummer as the starter is if Jake falls apart next season. Shanahan didn't give Plummer that big contract so that in year two there would be doubt about him being the starter. Apart from that Brunell is not the same qb that he was in '96. Age and injuries have taken their toll on him, and just don't think he would be able to unseat Plummer, especially now that Jake has a full year under his belt in Shanahan's system.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      Interesting point Javalon, but even if Denver were to bring Brunell on board he would be the back up, the only way he could unseat Plummer as the starter is if Jake falls apart next season. Shanahan didn't give Plummer that big contract so that in year two there would be doubt about him being the starter. Apart from that Brunell is not the same qb that he was in '96. Age and injuries have taken their toll on him, and just don't think he would be able to unseat Plummer, especially now that Jake has a full year under his belt in Shanahan's system.
                      we dont have the money for any other free agents besides a one CB anyway

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I hope Jake doesn't fall apart like greasy brian did...I'm with him all the way and if the team stays healthy there is no reason why we shouldn't win.
                        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I myself believe that with Jake ay the helm and Portis running our offense will be tough to beat in '04. I hope anyone of you all can shed a light I just read a tid bit on Al Wilson that "there is a good chance the Broncos will not re-sign Wilson". We need this guy back there!! Please gents ease my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowfax
                            I myself believe that with Jake ay the helm and Portis running our offense will be tough to beat in '04. I hope anyone of you all can shed a light I just read a tid bit on Al Wilson that "there is a good chance the Broncos will not re-sign Wilson". We need this guy back there!! Please gents ease my concern.
                            where did you see that? shanahan said wilson was first on his list. maybe shanahan feels the money could be put to better use with pierce as the MLB and the money saved could go to a better need, but i dont know.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                              we dont have the money for any other free agents besides a one CB anyway
                              You missed the point entirely. IF Brunell were to be brought in he would not start he would the the backup. I really wish you stop trying to read things into my post that are not there.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Wilson a Bronco for life, don't worry about it

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                                where did you see that? shanahan said wilson was first on his list. maybe shanahan feels the money could be put to better use with pierce as the MLB and the money saved could go to a better need, but i dont know.
                                Al Wilson is a Bronco for life, he sures up the middle and he said there is no way he's going anywhere but here in Da mile high city.

You know what the said about Steve Atwater when he was here is the same thing that they say about Mr.Wilson now
                                "Whatever he HITS he DESTROYS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X