Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos are set for Glory next year, Why can't Plummer and Portis lead us HOME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Joe
    I pray to god Sharpe comes back for at least one more year, because its going to be rediculously tough to replace him. Carswell is good, but hes been around along time too, so his times probably almost up, that would leave us with Hape, if we resign him this year. So, if Hape doesnt come up and be a stud, were gonna have to search for a good TE.
    we have putzier, and his tools are very good. he might be the future
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Putzeir was drafted with the intent of taking over as starter after Sharpe retired. He came to Denver strong pass catching skills but was lacking in his blocking, hopefully he has been able to improve in that area.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think Jake is a good fit for Denver and will only improve. I think he is the answer and can lead the Broncos to glory.

But that aside, really, how many other QB's are there that would be an upgrade over Jake? And of those, how many are even getable (via trade for locked up players or paying mucho dinero for free agents)? And, of those, who many would work in the offensive system?

I'm not looking for Bronco or Jake bashing here, merely reasonable and logical conjecture.

I think an upgrade over Jake would be Payton, Brady, but I don't know who above and beyond them.
        Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch
          I think Jake is a good fit for Denver and will only improve. I think he is the answer and can lead the Broncos to glory.

But that aside, really, how many other QB's are there that would be an upgrade over Jake? And of those, how many are even getable (via trade for locked up players or paying mucho dinero for free agents)? And, of those, who many would work in the offensive system?

I'm not looking for Bronco or Jake bashing here, merely reasonable and logical conjecture.

I think an upgrade over Jake would be Payton, Brady, but I don't know who above and beyond them.
          We really don't know how good Jake can be in this system. This will be his second year and he did miss 4 games last year. So it is hard to see what could be an upgrade until he has 2-3 seasons under his belt.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch

Brady and Manning are the 2 slowest QB's in the league, i dont think they would do well in our sysytem.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick
              How many seasons does he have left? How injury prone is he going to be? He's going into his 8th year in the NFL. He's not getting any younger.
              John elway played what 16? jake was injured very little in his career, he will be back next year for our superbowl run.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Plummer is a good pick.

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                i would say plummer cause we were good with him and horrible without him. plus after his 3 Int first game he threw 15 tds and only 4 int's for a guy who was known for int's he turned it atround completely.
                So how many years you been a Broncos fan?

Comment

Re: Plummer is a good pick.

Originally posted by Broncos1
                  So how many years you been a Broncos fan?
                  about 7, lol

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Players like John Elway just don't pop onto the scene in their 8th year. Players of that caliber are few and far between.

You've got to stop this obsession you have with the Elway/Plummer comparison. It's not fair to Plummer.
                    plummer and elway's styles are similar, period. you dont have to be a legend to a state or a hall of famer to have similar styles of play. i dont hold elway up like some of these other fans, no man is above comparison, if i think plummer's style is similar to elway's then plummer's style is similar, i am not saying it to be ridiculous or a homer, its a fact.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

So how was it in Pittsburgh?

about 7, lol
                      How was it in Pittsburgh when Denver went in and won the AFC championship on hostile territory a few years back do you remember were you killin fans about it? it had to be fun.

Comment

Not at all!!!

Probably a lot longer than you. I suppose that you believe a true fan is one who thinks Plummer is an all time great like Elway was?
                        It's been 16 years for me and Plummer is good but an Elway hes not.

Comment

Re: So how was it in Pittsburgh?

How was it in Pittsburgh when Denver went in and won the AFC championship on hostile territory a few years back do you remember were you killin fans about it? it had to be fun.
                          i just moved to pitt in august i been movin a lot. i started in CO though.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Plummer is a good pick.

Probably a lot longer than you. I suppose that you believe a true fan is one who thinks Plummer is an all time great like Elway was?
                            i dont know anybody who believes plummer is an all time great like elway, do you?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Nobody!!!.

i dont know anybody who believes plummer is an all time great like elway, do you?
                              Nobody thats rediculous so who do you like in the bowl??

Comment

Re: Nobody!!!.

Nobody thats rediculous so who do you like in the bowl??
                                i like carolina but i know the pats are the better team.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X