Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos are set for Glory next year, Why can't Plummer and Portis lead us HOME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Re: Who would you pick right now if you were starting a franchise?

Originally posted by Broncos1
    Who would you pick right now anybody to start your franchise????
    Jake Plummer and Ian Gold.

and the great offensive line.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    Re: Not at all!!!

It's been 16 years for me and Plummer is good but an Elway hes not.
    i don't believe lava is saying that plummer is the next elway. elway is in a class by himself like montana and marino. all he's saying that stlyewise he's similar. his movement in the pocket, escapability and finding that guy open. also he's not afraid to stick his nose in for that extra yard. those were elway's traits and you can see some of those in jake, that's it. nobody is saying he is elway. elway had one of the strongest arms in NFL history and found a knack of hitting anybody at any point of the field. jake doesn't do that but some of john's other qualities jake does possess. so let's not get overly critical. in this system under shanny a mobile qb is a definite an asset. elway was mobile and so is jake and that's that. no pressure on jake and no insult to john.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by nvbroncofn
    elway is a legend, no if's and's or but's. Jakes problem is where he started. no way was he going to become a legend in arizona. He's no elway, but i do believe he gives us the same dimension as elway did with the ability to roll out and throw on the run. No he doesn't have the cannon elway had, but he's a good 30 "calibers" above cryin brian. Also consistency was a problem. during our super bowl years, we were essentially healthy all year. players have to stay in shape, even in the off season. Injuries will happen, but I think you can minimize them when you stay in top physical condition. i don't think some of our players really do that in the off season. Anyway, I high hopes for next season. I think with jake at the helm, we have a better than average chance of getting to the big show.
    Right on the money.

Leave a comment:

• nvbroncofn
    replied
    elway is a legend, no if's and's or but's. Jakes problem is where he started. no way was he going to become a legend in arizona. He's no elway, but i do believe he gives us the same dimension as elway did with the ability to roll out and throw on the run. No he doesn't have the cannon elway had, but he's a good 30 "calibers" above cryin brian. Also consistency was a problem. during our super bowl years, we were essentially healthy all year. players have to stay in shape, even in the off season. Injuries will happen, but I think you can minimize them when you stay in top physical condition. i don't think some of our players really do that in the off season. Anyway, I high hopes for next season. I think with jake at the helm, we have a better than average chance of getting to the big show.

Leave a comment:

• wncbronxx
    replied
    Originally posted by MNBroncosFan
    I wish people would quit saying that our quarterback is the problem. I don't think we have many problems on offense. It's the defense and making adjustments for the other teams offense. We would have stayed in that Colts game if they would have made defense adjustments. The other side of the story is some of the players didn't come to play. It's quit simple. Keep the offense we have now together best we can and concentrate on improving the defense. There isn't many pieces left to complete our puzzle!

So Everyone relax! Jake the snake will be fine and so will Portis. To someone posting about Jake not being what the Broncos need, get a life! He "IS" what the Broncos need. Did you SEE how the players PLAY when he is playing! They Believe in him! Sometimes that's all it takes. Teamwork and believing in your teammates! Look at Tom Brady. He is a good quarterback but not a great quarterback. It's just that the players play well around him. He rallys them. We are not that far away from being a "Superior" team in the NFL.
    I fully agree with you on Jake, he already is our man. I dont wanna hear talk about him needing time......he IS now! Time to move to the D, the qb and rbs are FINE!

Leave a comment:

• MNBroncosFan
    replied
    AGREED! 100%!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Interpol
    replied
    I think our main problem, and this goes back years not just last season, is consistency. We are never consistent. We never play our best every game, as a matter of fact, some games we look like Long Beach Community College's football team.

Leave a comment:

• MNBroncosFan
    replied
    I wish people would quit saying that our quarterback is the problem. I don't think we have many problems on offense. It's the defense and making adjustments for the other teams offense. We would have stayed in that Colts game if they would have made defense adjustments. The other side of the story is some of the players didn't come to play. It's quit simple. Keep the offense we have now together best we can and concentrate on improving the defense. There isn't many pieces left to complete our puzzle!

So Everyone relax! Jake the snake will be fine and so will Portis. To someone posting about Jake not being what the Broncos need, get a life! He "IS" what the Broncos need. Did you SEE how the players PLAY when he is playing! They Believe in him! Sometimes that's all it takes. Teamwork and believing in your teammates! Look at Tom Brady. He is a good quarterback but not a great quarterback. It's just that the players play well around him. He rallys them. We are not that far away from being a "Superior" team in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1
    replied
    Who would you pick right now if you were starting a franchise?

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    i dont know portis s basically speed only priest has vision so i think they both fit their offensie line real well. i would say they are the same.
    Who would you pick right now anybody to start your franchise????

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Re: POrtis best back?

I heard people argue with me in these posts that priest is a better back than Portis what do you think?
    i dont know portis s basically speed only priest has vision so i think they both fit their offensie line real well. i would say they are the same.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1
    replied
    POrtis best back?

i like carolina but i know the pats are the better team.
    I heard people argue with me in these posts that priest is a better back than Portis what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Re: Nobody!!!.

Nobody thats rediculous so who do you like in the bowl??
    i like carolina but i know the pats are the better team.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1
    replied
    Nobody!!!.

i dont know anybody who believes plummer is an all time great like elway, do you?
    Nobody thats rediculous so who do you like in the bowl??

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Re: Re: Plummer is a good pick.

Originally posted by jdslick
    Probably a lot longer than you. I suppose that you believe a true fan is one who thinks Plummer is an all time great like Elway was?
    i dont know anybody who believes plummer is an all time great like elway, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Re: So how was it in Pittsburgh?

How was it in Pittsburgh when Denver went in and won the AFC championship on hostile territory a few years back do you remember were you killin fans about it? it had to be fun.
    i just moved to pitt in august i been movin a lot. i started in CO though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X