Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazie
    What is this patch you speak of?
    On the splash screen, select update and it will download for you. All the stats are more accurate i.e. Jake's faster, Clinton's a lot better, Deltha's a WR, Super Mario's in (allbeit at DE) and there a few more tweaks there.
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Lelie will be great this year. I can almost promise you that.

He waited until his third year to really break out in college as well...

The big problem is that while everyone is quick to remember all the times when someone screws up (I know I'm guilty of this myself), it's easy to just talk about the screw ups & how "such and such cost us this game" and not so much about remembering the "little" things that each person brings to the plate every Sunday/Monday. A first down here, a yard there...it all adds up.

Comment

i think we should run a lot of reverses with him to get him involved and get his confidence up. it seems the more he is involved, the better he becomes.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Lelie started off alright this past season but then about midseason he went through a slump and from what I could tell he seemed to pressing and so ended up dropping some passes. At the end of the season he was starting to get it back together. The one thing Lelie needs to do is get a little stronger, he still gets jammed often by big corners like C Woodson. Also he might need to work a little more on hand fighting skill in getting away from corners at the line of scrimage.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
            in my madden portis had ot be let go cause he asked for ridiculous money($10 mil/year for 3 years) Griffin is the starter now and he is doing pretty well. i drafted a power back so they could have change of pace but griffin carries the most. by releasing portis i got to keep my defensive players. gold, pryce, wilson, herndon, lelie, and drougns all held out for better contracts and putzier, spragan, tom nalen, and quinten griffin all needed new contracts, so i decided to sign griffin and release portis so i could get pryce gold wilson and lelie new contracts so they woud play. Then i needed the money saved from portis so i wouldnt lose my free agents. see what i was saying about portis abnd his greedy contract? herndon is still holding out but i wont resign him cause middlebrooks has stepped up.
            make sure you remember that madden does not simulate real life football decisions as well as you think it does. Just because it works on madden doesn't mean it will in real life. I've noticed you seem to take a lot of your "findings" from madden and try to tell us that is what the Bronco's should do.
            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
              make sure you remember that madden does not simulate real life football decisions as well as you think it does. Just because it works on madden doesn't mean it will in real life. I've noticed you seem to take a lot of your "findings" from madden and try to tell us that is what the Bronco's should do.
              LOL actually......no. the only thing i learned from madden was the business about the cap. I was just tellin you what happened in MY madden, but the concept is still the same, if somebody asks for lots of money, no matter how good they are, you have to let them go. A team is better if it has one backup instead of lots of backups because one guy took all your money. You dont have to have Madden to know that ya know.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                Lelie started off alright this past season but then about midseason he went through a slump and from what I could tell he seemed to pressing and so ended up dropping some passes. At the end of the season he was starting to get it back together. The one thing Lelie needs to do is get a little stronger, he still gets jammed often by big corners like C Woodson. Also he might need to work a little more on hand fighting skill in getting away from corners at the line of scrimage.
                Lelie looks strong enough, he bulked up a lot and already is bigger/stronger than rod smith it looks like. anyway, getting off the line is about technique, i wasnt always muscular but i still used my hands to get off the guy trying to jam me.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Lelie looks strong enough, he bulked up a lot and already is bigger/stronger than rod smith it looks like. anyway, getting off the line is about technique, i wasnt always muscular but i still used my hands to get off the guy trying to jam me.
                  When Denver drafted Lelie was listed at 195lbs. When he got to his first camp he weighed 200lbs and that is what he is listed at as of right now. I would not call that being bulked up. Rod Smith is listed at the exact same weight according to the roster. When I refered to Lelie's hand fighting skills, that to me is the samething as saying technique.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    When Denver drafted Lelie was listed at 195lbs. When he got to his first camp he weighed 200lbs and that is what he is listed at as of right now. I would not call that being bulked up. Rod Smith is listed at the exact same weight according to the roster. When I refered to Lelie's hand fighting skills, that to me is the samething as saying technique.
                    Rod Smith looks way smaller than Lelie, those measurements are generous all the time. Jusyt look at him and you can see he has more muscle than last year. Plus, 5 lbs of muscle is good for a WR with speed you dont want him gaining much more cause he wont be a deep threat no more, just a possession WR/

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Rod Smith looks way smaller than Lelie, those measurements are generous all the time. Jusyt look at him and you can see he has more muscle than last year. Plus, 5 lbs of muscle is good for a WR with speed you dont want him gaining much more cause he wont be a deep threat no more, just a possession WR/
                      That your opinion, those measurments are not always exagerated. Lelie is taller, Rod is 6'0" and Lelie is 6' 3" but other than that their builds are very similar. Lelie at 6'3" could probably handle another 5 or even 10 lbs. I have pictures of these guys side by side and you could not tell the difference execept for height. I not saying and I don't think anyone else would either that Lelie get as big as David Boston because that would more than likely ruin him. But if he at about 210lbs that would help in making him more difficult to jam at the line of scrimage. Terrell Owens is the same height as Lelie and he goes 220lbs, Lelie does not need to be that big but 5 to 10 lbs and a little more seasoning and work on his technique at hand fighting and the guy will be a superstar imho.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Rod just looks like a strong tough SOB though. He plays bigger than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Benny
                          Rod just looks like a strong tough SOB though. He plays bigger than he is.
                          One thing about Lelie is that he is a nice, class guy.

Compare him to T.O....attitude wise...that's a huge difference.

TO's first few years were not stellar...i think he broke out after 2 years and I hope Lelie does the same.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                            With him working with Jake all winter and spring I would think you would see a huge difference. The more people work together the more that the know what each other wants and needs.

Lelie knows he must have a breakout year this year. Jake knows that Lelie is going to be a tremendous weapon if Lelie can get on track. It is a win, win for everyone involved.

Practice makes perfect.
                            I would like Jake and Ashley to be one of the most prolific TD combos within a few years. That would be very nice.
                            Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                              I would like Jake and Ashley to be one of the most prolific TD combos within a few years. That would be very nice.
                              Plummer to Lelie...I like the sound of that!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                                One thing about Lelie is that he is a nice, class guy.

Compare him to T.O....attitude wise...that's a huge difference.

TO's first few years were not stellar...i think he broke out after 2 years and I hope Lelie does the same.
                                That is a real good point. It does take some receivers 3 years to really put up the numbers.

I think it was we just needed him to do that this year and it looked possible until Jake got injured and then Lelie went into his slump.

That is my whole point with Chris Cole, he has had the time and he has not produced.

The one season when Ed was hurt and we needed him, he could have at least caught the ball, instead he got lost in the woodwork and Kevin Kasper helped at that time.

Lelie next year will be pushed quite hard by Shanahan and expectations. It will be a make or break year for him.
                                Shanahan said as much in his show the last episode.
                                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                                X