Was Sammy Knight fined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Sammy Knight fined?

For that helmet-helmet shot on Rod? You know if that was Lynch, tagliaboob would have been calling the sideline before he got off the field.

I realize I shouldnt even respond to this post...but thats not an illegal hit. Its only illegal when the receiver is in a defenseless position. That was not the case. It wasnt a dirty play. Know the rules.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
    Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
    Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

I couldn't find anything about it. It's possible he will end up getting fined. It may take into next week for all the due process to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint
        I realize I shouldnt even respond to this post...but thats not an illegal hit. Its only illegal when the receiver is in a defenseless position. That was not the case. It wasnt a dirty play. Know the rules.
        I know that's what it says in the rule book, but we all know that isn't how it's enforced. Lynch's hit last year on Indy's TE after the guy took a step w/the ball = defenseless? What pisses people off is when there is no penalty on the play, then we hear a few days later that the guy got fined (Remember, Kennoy Kennedy?). If that's going to happen, then why have refs?

Comment

Although I raised the question also.

He shouldn't receive a fine. It wasn't a dirty hit. Incidental helmet to helmet that got Rod jacked up. Get well ROD and destroy the jags secondary. Rod scores 2 tds.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa Whiskey
            I couldn't find anything about it. It's possible he will end up getting fined. It may take into next week for all the due process to occur.
            He will not get fined. It was a legal hit, helmet to helmet contact is legal when the person being hit is the ball runner.

Lynch made a similar hit on someone in the Charger game, and he was not fined, and if the NFL was going to fine someone for a hit like that it would be John Lynch.

Comment

Yea it was a legal hit which doesn't deserve a fine if he should get fined for anything (not that he will) then it should be for his taunting of a player while they are injured that is just classless but I don't think that kind of stuff is eligible to be fined so he just has to live with his horrible personality.
              Smith's First Catch
              "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Originally posted by brom66an6
                Yea it was a legal hit which doesn't deserve a fine if he should get fined for anything (not that he will) then it should be for his taunting of a player while they are injured that is just classless but I don't think that kind of stuff is eligible to be fined so he just has to live with his horrible personality.
                Yeah, Sammy Knight is one of the trashiest talkers in football.

Comment

Actually I have a clip of Knight and #56 taunting Smith while he is on the ground. Watch Knight and #56 get up look at Smith laying motionless then pumping their fists and saying stuff to him.

http://x4.putfile.com/9/27122534262.gif
                  Smith's First Catch
                  "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Yeah it was a good hit.

But I didn't like the taunt especially when they noticed he wasn't moving. No class on that particular situation. Great football players wouldn't glote on an injury, a good hit and the playing has snot you glote, but an injury you walk away and give a clap when going off the field.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

leading w/your head at all is illegal when it comes to hitting a defenseless reciever, whether helmets hit or not. As far as the hit on smith, totally legal, I'm wondering why he didn't just go out of bounds. He had the first down yardage. I thought it was ironic cause I just recently watched a thing on rod and what he learned from rice. The secret to his longevity and stuff like that. One thing I know and everyone knows is you pick your battles and when the games not on the line and you have the first down and you have the choice of getting your clock cleaned or go out of bounds you go out of bounds.

Comment

funny how **** vermeil whines and cries about champ commenting that the chiefs weren't playing hard but he decides not to mention his own players taunting rod after he is injured

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                          funny how **** vermeil whines and cries about champ commenting that the chiefs weren't playing hard but he decides not to mention his own players taunting rod after he is injured
                          Why would he say anything bad about his own guys? Whenever he talks about them he gets all emotional and cries and keeps declaring how special they are.

Comment

Hey DJ and Sammy...that hit tottaly makes up for Mike Anderson scorching your punk asses all night

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint
                              And how many times has Lynch been fined for legal hits? I'm not the one you need to be explaining the rules to.
                              Last edited by SkyFlash1; 09-30-2005, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X