Was Sammy Knight fined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brom66an6
    Actually I have a clip of Knight and #56 taunting Smith while he is on the ground. Watch Knight and #56 get up look at Smith laying motionless then pumping their fists and saying stuff to him.

http://x4.putfile.com/9/27122534262.gif

i didnt even notice that

Comment

After Smith got up and began waling to the bench knight came over to him and it looked like he appologized or at least asked if he was ok.
      sigpic

Comment

Actually I have a clip of Knight and #56 taunting Smith while he is on the ground. Watch Knight and #56 get up look at Smith laying motionless then pumping their fists and saying stuff to him.

Oh please, it wasn't that bad. That isn't anything above what any other player would do after a big hit. That celebration, if you call it that, was quite tame...

Comment

Originally posted by SkyFlash1
          And how many times has Lynch been fined for legal hits? I'm not the one you need to be explaining the rules to.

Based on your post that started this thread, yes you are the one that needs the rules explained.

Helmet to helmet is NOT a foul, unless the helmet to helmet is on a "defensless receiver" (or QB in the pocket). Once a receiver gains control of the ball, they become a runner and helmet to helmet is then legal.

Take a look at a similar play in the preseason where Lynch knocked out the TE in a similar hit and was neither flagged nor fined, becasue the TE had ran for 20 yards before the hit.

Also, watch a FB and LB go at it, you'll see more helmet to helmet all the time that isn't called.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
            Oh please, it wasn't that bad. That isn't anything above what any other player would do after a big hit. That celebration, if you call it that, was quite tame...
            Yeah, but you don't celebrate while a guy lays unconcious on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
              Yeah, but you don't celebrate while a guy lays unconcious on the ground
              You act as if they knew he was unconscious, and that is a fallacy. Watch any game this weekend and you will see a player lay on the ground for a lengthy period of time after a big hit, or maybe after a drop or dive, just lying there in frustration. It happens all the time. You cannot expect these guys to know that Smith is out. If it would have been Samie Parker on the ground after a Lynch/Wilson hit, it wouldn't be thought of the same way. These guys felt they made a big play, end of story, they had no intention of taunting an unconcious player...

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                Celebrating after a big hit is fine. Celebrating when you see the player isn't moving AFTER the big hit isn't. THey could see that Smith was laying there motionless....thats completely CLASSLESS. I'm so tired of Vermeil and the Chiefs acting as though they are the "moral police." I would LOVE to see lil Vermeil's reaction to seeing THAT clip played on national news

Comment

Originally posted by tdnmecudawon3
                  leading w/your head at all is illegal when it comes to hitting a defenseless reciever, whether helmets hit or not. As far as the hit on smith, totally legal, I'm wondering why he didn't just go out of bounds. He had the first down yardage. I thought it was ironic cause I just recently watched a thing on rod and what he learned from rice. The secret to his longevity and stuff like that. One thing I know and everyone knows is you pick your battles and when the games not on the line and you have the first down and you have the choice of getting your clock cleaned or go out of bounds you go out of bounds.
                  Because he DIDN'T have a first down.....and one thing Rod has always been proud of, is his ability to move the chains......

If you look at the above video, he's barely across the 'tv' line...........

And that Johnson is a punk. I'm sure he'll receive his, sooner or later, and nary a bronco fan will forget his lack of class.
                  Last edited by rcsodak; 09-30-2005, 09:55 PM.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I watched this clip and it doesn't look like anything much to me. They don't stand over Rod and taunt him, Knight looks like he said something to Rod as he walked off. They don't point at him.

Derrick Johnson moves his arm, like he's saying "yeah!". That's about all. It just looks like the defensive players are saying "yeah, we made a good hit."

If they stood there and taunted, that would be different, but it looks like they just walked back to the huddle.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SkyFlash1
                      tagliaboob

Haha, hilarious!

sigpic
                      They're your teammates, now.
                      Best of luck, TT!
                      ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X