Our boy Darrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our boy Darrent

Darrent Williams was nominated for rookie of the month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8907202

Keep up the good work #27

Not only did he deserve the nomination for Defensive RotM, he should have been nominated for OFFENSIVE RotM as well! If Sproles can have that honor, Williams deserves it as well.
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
      Not only did he deserve the nomination for Defensive RotM, he should have been nominated for OFFENSIVE RotM as well! If Sproles can have that honor, Williams deserves it as well.
      Hmmm... why would he be nominated for offensive rookie? He'd have to play on the offense for that.
      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

This guy is going to be an awesome cornerback down the road. Our defense is looking so much better than I thought they would with guys like Darrent and the Browncos stepping up!

Comment

damn i posted a thead like this yesterday and got no love for it...haha. check other threads it was already posted.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

sorry

Originally posted by NJfan26
            damn i posted a thead like this yesterday and got no love for it...haha. check other threads it was already posted.
            sorry I did a search and nothing came up. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
              Hmmm... why would he be nominated for offensive rookie? He'd have to play on the offense for that.

Here is Darren Sproles' little capsule:

San Diego running back-kick returner Darren Sproles (fourth round, Kansas State), who stands second in the NFL with a 31.9-yard kickoff-return average with a long of 58 yards. The 5-6, 181-pounder also ranks fourth among NFL rookies with a 7.0 yard punt-return average on five returns.
              Here's Williams':

Denver cornerback-kick returner Darrent Williams (second-round, Oklahoma State), who has 11 tackles and three passes defensed. Williams also leads the AFC and is second in the NFL with a 13.3 punt-return average on six returns and is averaging 25.0 yards on seven kickoff returns.
              My arguement: If Sproles can get some love for being second in the NFL in kickoff-return average, Williams should get some love for being second in the NFL in punt-return average. (not that I'm offendend...making the point to demonstrate how impressive Williams has been thus far).
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by oldustyballs
                sorry I did a search and nothing came up. My bad.
                its all good i was just messing around. but yeah its looks like shanny found a diamond in the rough. and we were all mad about that pick...hahaha. shows us all why we are not in the front office and shanny is.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
                  Here is Darren Sproles' little capsule:

Here's Williams':

My arguement: If Sproles can get some love for being second in the NFL in kickoff-return average, Williams should get some love for being second in the NFL in punt-return average. (not that I'm offendend...making the point to demonstrate how impressive Williams has been thus far).
                  but sproles is an offensive player, darrent is a defensive player. hence sproles getting offensive rookie of the month and darrent getting defensive rookie of the month

Comment

Working...
                  X