Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PatrickdaDookie
    replied
    Elway's career was summed up in one play; one that will live in Bronco fans' minds forever. 3rd & 8 against the Packers in the Super Bowl and Elway did "The Dive" for the 1st down. There was still plenty of time left in that game, but every Bronco fan alive knew that the game was over - RIGHT THERE!!!!
    I was only thinking "Oh god please don't be hurt!"

Leave a comment:

• T55Bird
    replied
    This one probably won't be too popular...

Brian Griese..... 2000 season...... last Monday night game at Mile High.... against the Raiders. He had gone out of the game with a separated shoulder. He also had his lip busted open and his shirt was full of blood. We squandered a lead and the game was tied. Griese went back in and led the team downfield for the winning FG. No matter how Griese's career with the Broncos ended, on that day he played Bronco football. Later Greek said he had no idea how Griese finished that game, let alone got his jersey off afterwards.

Granted, there were many Elway performances that eclipsed that one, but I think it deserves mention.

Leave a comment:

• Broncs Bomber
    replied
    The DIVE (Not Drive)

Elway's career was summed up in one play; one that will live in Bronco fans' minds forever. 3rd & 8 against the Packers in the Super Bowl and Elway did "The Dive" for the 1st down. There was still plenty of time left in that game, but every Bronco fan alive knew that the game was over - RIGHT THERE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• thesaint
    replied
    I think it was 79'. Red Miller decided to start Norris Weese instead of Craig Morton against the Seahawks.

Down 34-10 in the second half Miller told Morton to go in and Morton told him no, he didnt want to go in...then he decided that he would play and show Miller why he should be starting.

Morton was an old man, and if I remember right he threw three long touchdowns. Morton led Denver to a 37-34 win in one of the greatest comeback that I've ever seen.

Amazing.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.maybe t could be the drive by his majesty lord john elway.what else could it be

Leave a comment:

• Broncos04Champs
    replied
    Regular Season....

Elway's comeback against KC (2 TD's in 2 minutes) from like 1993ish or so...

Playoffs...

The Drive/The Drive 2/Both Superbowl Wins

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    OK, since many are including playoffs, the all-time best performance by a Bronco would have to be John Elway in the 86 AFC game against the Browns. The final series in regulation that will be forever known as...

THE DRIVE

Leave a comment:

• MileHighStud
    replied
    I ould have to say John Elway in both denver Superbowl wins!

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    There's many, but here's one that rarely gets mentioned...

In the early 80's, the Lions came to down and all week the conversation was Billy Sims vs. Randy Gradishar.

My "stats" won't be perfect, but they will be close.

It was like the 12th week of the season and up to that point Sims was unstopable on short yardage picking up a first down something like 8 for 8.

At that time, Gradishar (who I consider the best short yardage player I've ever seen) hadn't given up a short yardage first down and was something like 10 for 10 in stopping 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.

Again, this matchup was played up all week...

Here's my "memory" of the three short yardage plays:

1. Sims runs off RG, Gradishar takles Sims for loss.

2. Later in the game, another short yardage and Sims runs off LT, Gradishar cuts through the line and tackles Sims for a loss.

3. On the third attempt, Sims tries to run around the left end, Gradishar shoots through the line and chases Sims down for another loss.

I'm not sure my memory is perfect, but I am positive of one thing: Gradishar stopped Sims all three times and it wasn't even close, shutting down the best short yardage player of that era.

Those that remember Gradishar will probably agree it was like he knew the plays the offense was going to run...No player had better instincts than Grad.

Leave a comment:

• BANJOPICKER1
    replied
    Last Monday when Shanny called for a replay of the kennison TD...Yea,,that made me really happy!!

GGGGGGOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!

Leave a comment:

• PatrickdaDookie
    replied
    My other is TD a few years back (I can't remember) against the eagles when we scored like 35 points by halftime and he was just running all over the place..
    That was 1998, maybe week 5 or so. TD didn't even play in the second half because we were so far ahead. Imagine how many yards he would have had that game/season if he hadn't sat out so much from being far ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Definitely Louis Wright against the Chargers in '85, where he took a blocked field goal to the house in OT....and then it was called back and they got to try it again...and then we blocked it again and he took it around the other side back for a TD, and that time it counted!! What are the chances of that ever happening again?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
    John Elway against the (then) Baltimore Colts. 19 points down going into the 4th quarter, anyone care to guess what the final score was ?
    There was 10 minutes left in the game when John began his comeback and I was there! I had taken my younger brother and that was his first game ever. I remember everyone in the stands hugging and cheering and the ol' Mile High Stadium shook so hard we thought the upper deck was going to fall down!

This is my choice as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    There are many, but this one was pretty cool.

vs. Seattle 12/10/95

Glyn Milburn had 131 yards rushing, 45 receiving, & 228 return yards (133KR, 95PR).

Total of 404 yards (NFL record for most combined yards in a game)

It seems that Davis and Craver each had around 100 yards for this game too. Pretty amazing, especially since we lost 31-27.

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    John Elway against the (then) Baltimore Colts. 19 points down going into the 4th quarter, anyone care to guess what the final score was ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X