Born in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born in the USA

Born and raised in New Orleans LA. moved to Denver in 1988 lived there for 9 yrs. Move to Atlanta,Georgia in 97 and here I am.
    My Brother played football for the Denver Broncos, but ran into a few problems due to a handicap he had. I fell in love with the Broncos before my brother graduated from college,and made the team. I've been loving the Broncos to long to stop now I'll always luv em through thick and thin. Win or Lose they are still the best team in the NFL with out a doubt. :p
    Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Welcome to the board...

Comment

I was born in Anchorage, moved to Fairbanks AK, moved to Pheonix Arizona in 1992 moved back to Anchorage in 1993 (way to hot for us) then moved around a few houses in Anchorage. Now we are thinking about moving to Castle Rock. I would like the move because I really like Colorado and best of all the Broncos are there but this is my home state and I kind of dont want to leave it.

Comment

Re: Born in the USA

Originally posted by goodluv4Broncos
        Born and raised in New Orleans LA. moved to Denver in 1988 lived there for 9 yrs. Move to Atlanta,Georgia in 97 and here I am.
        My Brother played football for the Denver Broncos, but ran into a few problems due to a handicap he had. I fell in love with the Broncos before my brother graduated from college,and made the team. I've been loving the Broncos to long to stop now I'll always luv em through thick and thin. Win or Lose they are still the best team in the NFL with out a doubt. :p
        Who was yoru brother? Sorry to hear of his misfortune.

Comment

Re: Re: Born in the USA

Originally posted by Crazie
          Who was yoru brother? Sorry to hear of his misfortune.
          Hey Crazie it wasn't a misfortune hon, he is death, his name is Kenny Walker, Broncos was his thing and still is,he went back to school. He had minor problems with a couple of plays but he got along with everybody and he was pretty good.
          Defense was his thing and he loved his team.He was down for his team. Thanks for asking, I'll let him know you asked about him he comes in here sometimes to yell at me, I won't give you his handle he's really a private person, I'll get him to holler at you and you'll know that it's him by what he says to you ok.
          Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Born in the USA

Hey Crazie it wasn't a misfortune hon, he is death, his name is Kenny Walker, Broncos was his thing and still is,he went back to school. He had minor problems with a couple of plays but he got along with everybody and he was pretty good.
            Defense was his thing and he loved his team.He was down for his team. Thanks for asking, I'll let him know you asked about him he comes in here sometimes to yell at me, I won't give you his handle he's really a private person, I'll get him to holler at you and you'll know that it's him by what he says to you ok.
            Oh yeah? I remember him! I was in High School when he played. I remember my parents pointing out to me that even though people have set backs in life that it doesn't mean that it has to deter them from their dreams. He was a pretty good player also from what I can remember I admired him for what he did. I always wondered what happened to him. I guess now I know. Thanks for lettin me know. Yes do tell him I said hi and that his work did not go unnoticed. He touched my family with his courage. I"m sure he touched others as well.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Born in the USA

Originally posted by Crazie
              Oh yeah? I remember him! I was in High School when he played. I remember my parents pointing out to me that even though people have set backs in life that it doesn't mean that it has to deter them from their dreams. He was a pretty good player also from what I can remember I admired him for what he did. I always wondered what happened to him. I guess now I know. Thanks for lettin me know. Yes do tell him I said hi and that his work did not go unnoticed. He touched my family with his courage. I"m sure he touched others as well.
              Crazie thank you from my brother and I, he is going to come in one day soon and post you. I did tell him about you this morning at church he had smiles for days. I just hope that when he post you, you'll know that it is him. May I commend you for being such a nice and caring person, you don't find that to often in a world like ours is today. You are very gracious and your words of wisdom has touched our hearts, just keep being who you are, you will have the world as your footstool. I know next year will have the best year we'll get to the playoffs, then on to the Superbowl GO BRONCOS ON TO VICTORY!!!! Thanks again I feel I can't say it enough, I'm going to the Superbowl maybe I'll send you my picture if you are watching, you'll see me on televison, I will be yelling hey Crazie, I'll send a shot out to ya for the real!!!!!

Comment

wow i remember kenny walker, he played in the early 90's right? i was about 14 when he played and always admired him, he was a awsome player and prolly an inspiration to a ton of people, glad to hear he is doing well.

Comment

Hi and welcome, The Bronco's have been my team for many years, during bad times and good.:p

Comment

Originally posted by halfback
                    wow i remember kenny walker, he played in the early 90's right? i was about 14 when he played and always admired him, he was a awsome player and prolly an inspiration to a ton of people, glad to hear he is doing well.
                    Thank you halfback he'll just love it, he's going to come in one day and see if we can reconize him, I told him that we could so, I'm betting on us the fans to spot him out. He's doing great, as a matter of fact I'll be seeing him this weekend. I decided to boycott the SuperBowl LOL I'm going with Carolina Go Jake!!! just for Sunday one day only, and I'm going to the SuperBowl I wouldn't miss it for the world. Lets give some love to Carolina so they can kick New England in the butt.

Comment

Thank you halfback he'll just love it, he's going to come in one day and see if we can reconize him, I told him that we could so, I'm betting on us the fans to spot him out. He's doing great, as a matter of fact I'll be seeing him this weekend. I decided to boycott the SuperBowl LOL I'm going with Carolina Go Jake!!! just for Sunday one day only, and I'm going to the SuperBowl I wouldn't miss it for the world. Lets give some love to Carolina so they can kick New England in the butt.
                      Sounds good I"ll be lookin for the Hey Crazie sign! LOL
                      Looking forward to your brother posting.

This is where we will disagree. I'm going for the Patriots. :p

Comment

Re: Born in the USA

I was born out behind an ole pine stump deep in the mountains of NC in a deep snowfall. My first Bronco game I had to watch it in smoke signals. The QB was Dan Horn, Floyd Little at RB, Dave Costa at Def Bac, Paul Martha at saftey, Bill Van Heusen at punter/wr, Cornell Gordon at cb, and ole Jim Turner at kicker. By the time I found out who won, Craig Morton was with us.
                        ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

I was Born in Sweetwater Mississippi, we used to hear stories about how the Donkeys always got beat by the CHIEFS and how it took the DONKEYS 30 something in the existince of the NFL to finally win a superbowl! We heard stories of Wade Phillips, Dan Reeves and how it took JOHN ELWAY to finally win a Super Bowl! But those are just stories we heard! We heard stories about the CHIEFS and they are the greatest!!! I have lived in KC since my 1st birthday, and this is not really my autobiography, just wanted to mess with you newbies and let you know, THIS IS CHIEFS LAND!!!!!
                          [QUOTE]
                          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                            I was Born in Sweetwater Mississippi, we used to hear stories about how the Donkeys always got beat by the CHIEFS and how it took the DONKEYS 30 something in the existince of the NFL to finally win a superbowl! We heard stories of Wade Phillips, Dan Reeves and how it took JOHN ELWAY to finally win a Super Bowl! But those are just stories we heard! We heard stories about the CHIEFS and they are the greatest!!! I have lived in KC since my 1st birthday, and this is not really my autobiography, just wanted to mess with you newbies and let you know, THIS IS CHIEFS LAND!!!!!
                            Haha, very good one! I remember a a very little child I beleive my granfather did tell me that the one feather cheifs did win a SB? Man I wish I was older than 40 so I could have saw the cheifs on top. Well....I guess Ill just have to think back a VERY FEW years ago when the Broncs won back to back. THIS IS BRONCO land BABY! Cheifs won in the leather helmet days! SMACK!
                            Just given it back...I know your cool man. No harm intended.
                            ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                              Excuse you this is BRONCO LAND AND DON'T FORGET IT SUCKER!!!!! Who do you think you are? You should talk about something you know about, until you really know what you are talking about, keep your BIG MOUTH SHUT, and mind your manners when you're a guest in someone else's home. Didn't your mother teach you that, I think she did, but as always you guys grow up thinking you know everything, and by the way leave our fans alone, just because they are new to this board doesn't mean that they are new to Loving the Broncos. Geesh, and you're stuipd too!!!! *chuckle* You make me laugh
                              dhall, boy wonder where's your boss? Is he in the bat cave or what, he must be, yuk you're out running around on the loose, with out proper supervision. Now that's scary!! I see your Chefs couldn't even make it to the 2nd game of the wildcards, they got that AZZ kick real good, you were left with battle scars on your AZZes LOL tell me did it hurt? How does it feel to find out you were in a dream, a figment of someones imagination you go dhall right to your big Ghetto KC MO. Now aren't you shame? Now remember keep your gibberish to yourself and leave the Broncos fans alone.
                              Last edited by goodluv4Broncos; 02-02-2004, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X