QB for the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB for the future

With the first round pick going toward a D back prob., does anyone think we might take a long shot on a phillip rivers or losman for the future. I like Jake but i just don't know if he's the corner stone we need.

Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
    With the first round pick going toward a D back prob., does anyone think we might take a long shot on a phillip rivers or losman for the future. I like Jake but i just don't know if he's the corner stone we need.
    if Jake remains healthy and productive, we have him for at least another 4 to years...

Let the other teams draft these guys and we'll pick them up later in the bin (i.e: Danny Kannel)

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I have to disagree with you on this, I think Jake had a very good first season for the Broncos, fits in well, the team respect him, scrambled a little (god I love him for that), certainly more talented than Greise ever was, he got injured lost his stride a little. I'm pretty hopeful for his future with the Broncos...think he could be the M-A-N.
      I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

Re: Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by Hoolah
        I have to disagree with you on this, I think Jake had a very good first season for the Broncos, fits in well, the team respect him, scrambled a little (god I love him for that), certainly more talented than Greise ever was, he got injured lost his stride a little. I'm pretty hopeful for his future with the Broncos...think he could be the M-A-N.
        I see a couple of Super Bowl wins with Jake...definetely!
        Last edited by AsianOrange; 01-23-2004, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by AsianOrange
          I see a couple of Super Bowl wins with Jason...definetely!
          Jason?...as in Halloweeeeeeen? was that jason? Your confusing me...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by Hoolah
            Jason?...as in Halloweeeeeeen? was that jason? Your confusing me...
            Hoo:

It's call Lack-of-Earl-Grey in the morning =)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by AsianOrange
              Hoo:

It's call Lack-of-Earl-Grey in the morning =)
              You or me? Right I'm off to down some nasty instant coffee, cough a little, re-clean my teeth, straighten my pony tail and try again...it's just all so damn blurry at this early hour!

Comment

Jake fits well with the organization on every level. He's perfect for the offense, gets along well in the locker room, and seems to be an pretty good guy personaly. The only qb problem in Denver is either finding a suitable backup or developing Jackson to be one. The guy has the tools, he just lacks the snaps to really grow as a player.

Comment

Honestly, I think you'll trade for TIM COUCH!!! You'll Have a PLUMMER and a COUCH and you'll still suck!!!!
                  [QUOTE]
                  If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

I guess that beats having a Qb who's been in the league for a number of years but is still Green.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

If we could get Rivers it would be nice to groom him as a backup. But I believe he might go higher than we pick.
                      Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Re: Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by dhall26
                        Honestly, I think you'll trade for TIM COUCH!!! You'll Have a PLUMMER and a COUCH and you'll still suck!!!!
                        What was that? Wait...what was the Chiefs record in the playoffs this year? 0-1 right? Yea, so you guys have no reason to talk.

I think we go after a DB first round, WR in the second, then maybe a DE. I don't know that a QB is nessesary in the draft right now. Maybe

Comment

I wish Shanny could exchange his magic tailback divining rod for maybe a CB or FS divining rod. At least for a couple of seasons. You know, pick up a CB in the sixth round from a smaller school and watch him become a SB MVP. That would be very nice.
                          Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                            I wish Shanny could exchange his magic tailback divining rod for maybe a CB or FS divining rod. At least for a couple of seasons. You know, pick up a CB in the sixth round from a smaller school and watch him become a SB MVP. That would be very nice.
                            Like Tyrone Poole could be this year?

I do agree that we need a shutdown CB. We used to make interceptions on a more regular basis. (yes, with Greg Robinson leading the defensive play calling) We need to grab a CB in the draft and let free agency handle the backup QB situation.
                            Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

What would you guys think of Shaun King backing up Plummer? Both being scramblers, I think he would be a descent backup. Just not sure on the price tag though.

Comment

Working...
                              X