No announcement yet.

QB for the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you all think plummer spreads the ball around enuff. It seems like he favors sharpe a little too much as the primary rec. instead of rod. If shannon retires where will he go next, carswell is good but i'd much rather see rod with the ball, i'd even consider letting Ed play a little at tight in some situations, he's not that big but he's an excellent blocker

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
      I wish Shanny could exchange his magic tailback divining rod for maybe a CB or FS divining rod. At least for a couple of seasons. You know, pick up a CB in the sixth round from a smaller school and watch him become a SB MVP. That would be very nice.
      i wish 4 that n a WR to or at least that stays w/ the team n becomes a solid player 4 us....heres a list below of the secondary n WR picks since shanny has been in denver....

DB'S
      tony veland darrius johnson tory james
      oneal middlebrooks cory gilliard eric brown
      kenoy kennedy chris watson darwin brown
      sam brandon chris young (jury still out on these 2)

WR'S
      patrick jeffers leroy fields marcus nash chad plummer
      kevin kaspar justin swift travis mcgriff desmond clark billy miller chris cole muneer moore
      herb haygood
      ashley lelie jeb putzier (these 2 better start wakin up especially lelie, but putzier hasnt had many chances yet)

goes to show you how big a crap shoot the draft is thank goodness 4 FA......

Comment

Re: Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by Hoolah
        I have to disagree with you on this, I think Jake had a very good first season for the Broncos, fits in well, the team respect him, scrambled a little (god I love him for that), certainly more talented than Greise ever was, he got injured lost his stride a little. I'm pretty hopeful for his future with the Broncos...think he could be the M-A-N.
        I agree.

Comment

Drafting a qb in the latter rounds is not bad idea and there are plenty of qbs in this year draft that might fit into Denver'system. Jake is the answer, however he's already 27 years old, it will take at least 3 or 4 years to develope a guy who could challenge him, so that could work out very well for the Broncos. By then Jake will be 31 years of age so by then it could be time for him to retire. We can't bank on him making it 15 years.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: QB for the future

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
            With the first round pick going toward a D back prob., does anyone think we might take a long shot on a phillip rivers or losman for the future. I like Jake but i just don't know if he's the corner stone we need.
            jake is definetly tha man & he will lead us back to the superbowl & win it all more than one time too, as far as phillip rivers i think he will go a little earlier & will turn out to be a good pickup for somebody but we don't need him, we are fine.
            sigpic

Comment

Something else to look at is Jake's deal doesn't pay much his first two years, after two his salary increases a bunch, I figured the reason for that was shanny wanted a way out after seeing what he can do, or he planned on having another QB groomed at the end of the two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
                Something else to look at is Jake's deal doesn't pay much his first two years, after two his salary increases a bunch, I figured the reason for that was shanny wanted a way out after seeing what he can do, or he planned on having another QB groomed at the end of the two years.
                shanny put that in his contract so he didnt have to pay big money upfront n end up getting burnt if it didnt work out like it did w/ griese......it was smart move n it looks like jake will b in denver 4 at least 4-5 more years he'll only get better IMO....we basically have the "BIG 3" in place as every team wants the QB RB n WR (if liele starts panning out) n there all young to....

but rod still is very productive his stats went down when jake got hurt.....

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
                  shanny put that in his contract so he didnt have to pay big money upfront n end up getting burnt if it didnt work out like it did w/ griese......it was smart move n it looks like jake will b in denver 4 at least 4-5 more years he'll only get better IMO....we basically have the "BIG 3" in place as every team wants the QB RB n WR (if liele starts panning out) n there all young to....

but rod still is very productive his stats went down when jake got hurt.....
                  I heard that generally speaking it takes about three years for a wide receiver to develope. Look at TO his first two or three seasons he really didn't do much now he is one better wide receivers in the league. Lelie imo, just needs to little more seasoning, and it would not hurt for him to improve his strength. Bigger corners have had success jamming him at the line of scrimage. Btw, I also like Madise, if he and Lelie continue getting better they just might make a very good tandem when Rod and Mac are both retired.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                  X