Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

every1 is missing denvers real problem!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every1 is missing denvers real problem!!!!!

i keep hearing how we need a db or te but it seems to me that every1 is missing the obvious problem we seem to consistently have - no pass rush!!!! we need to pick up a top DE or DT in the draft or free agency, like carolina did with j.peppers. even if sharpe retires we still have carswell and drougns and our backfield is good but with no pass rush they can only cover for so many seconds. in the playoffs manning sat back in the pocket all day and when he completed a pass ppl were blaming the backfield!! (i realize they had a poor day as well). I would be pleased if we just did 3 things in the offseason.

1 - re-sign our out of contract players.
    2 - draft or sign a top DE or DT.
    3 - cut gardener, we dont need that problem here.
    i would like 2 see sharpe back 4 his leadership but would be surprised if he carried on.

also, did any1 think that a massive problem we had in the playoff game was missing nick ferguson too injury??? no1 seemed to mention this much.

any other thoughts/comments would be well appreiciated,

l8er, bronx

I noticed the absence of Ferguson but didn't talk about it. I agree with you about the d-line. There were actually a few games this year where they got great pressure like the first v. Oakland and the first Colts game. I like Berry and Pryce so stick another high talent player in there and then we can use the linebackers for coverage instead of blitzing.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

People did mention this. The difference in the two games against the colts was the fact that in the second Manning was able to sit in the pocket and look at his reads, eventually chewing up our zone defense. The first game we played man to man coverage and we got a ton of pressure on Manning. It was noticed and said on here. I think our pass rush will be ok, and we will get a DE or DT but I do believe we need a DB w/ the first pick. Carswell played very well when Sharpe was in Balt. so I think we will take a good DB in the draft if ones still available at the #24 pick. If not who knows. Deangelo Hall would be an awesome pick for us in more ways than one. He would make are kick returning game fun to watch again and he's got great coverage skills and long arms. We shall see.

Comment

Re: every1 is missing denvers real problem!!!!!

Originally posted by bronx_2003
        i keep hearing how we need a db or te but it seems to me that every1 is missing the obvious problem we seem to consistently have - no pass rush!!!! we need to pick up a top DE or DT in the draft or free agency, like carolina did with j.peppers. even if sharpe retires we still have carswell and drougns and our backfield is good but with no pass rush they can only cover for so many seconds. in the playoffs manning sat back in the pocket all day and when he completed a pass ppl were blaming the backfield!! (i realize they had a poor day as well). I would be pleased if we just did 3 things in the offseason.

i would like 2 see sharpe back 4 his leadership but would be surprised if he carried on.

also, did any1 think that a massive problem we had in the playoff game was missing nick ferguson too injury??? no1 seemed to mention this much.

l8er, bronx
        Cut Gard, heal up, go for a top free agent, trade up in top 10 and grab a strong s, and most of all........just hang out with everyone and blend together as a team as Carolina did.
        ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Thats a very good point, actually You're right, its one I personally hadn't considered. Sometimes its easy to treat the symptom and overlook the cause.

While I DO think we need a good corner/returner, a TE and a "groomable" WR (Lelie &/or Madise actually need to PLAY, if EddyMac takes his 401K plan & golf clubs down to Florida, not get groomed more)....our pass rush is definately lacking.
          "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Re: ...

Originally posted by Trench777
            Thats a very good point, actually You're right, its one I personally hadn't considered. Sometimes its easy to treat the symptom and overlook the cause.

While I DO think we need a good corner/returner, a TE and a "groomable" WR (Lelie &/or Madise actually need to PLAY, if EddyMac takes his 401K plan & golf clubs down to Florida, not get groomed more)....our pass rush is definately lacking.
            Don't forget a lot of good teams pass rushing is blitzing. We had two of our fastest guys out on IR, Mobley and Gold.

That said we could use another real good pass rusher as DE, but we do not know what we have with our three rookie draft picks that went on IR.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: every1 is missing denvers real problem!!!!!

Originally posted by bronx_2003

l8er, bronx
              you cant just say we need a top DT or DE, you have to say who you want. gardener IS considered a top DT thats why we got him.

Personally i think the D-line is fine. The do a good enough jobas they were a big part of the 4th ranked D. Especially with dorsett davis, bryant mcneal, and nick eason waiting in the wings, we have enough d lineman, they are all good ennough IMO. i agree with you #1 priority in getting all our players resigned, then i say we use the left over money to grab a free agent CB cause we are thin there. That should be all we need to have the best team possible from the limited budget.

Speakin of the thin secondary, that was the reason we lost to the colts. herndon's hand was brpke so he couldnt play man, we had to switch to cover 2 and we are not good at that. when we play man, we stuffed manning and the colts cold turkey, it didnt have to do with ferguson being out, its just that we never played cover 2 zone before. Ferguson made a lot of plays this year and should be good for next, but he had hardly anything to do with the colt game.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i know gardener was SUPPOSED to be a top DT but forget about him, he will be cut. also, the main reason our D was ranked #4 was because of wilson and 2 big positives from last year, spragan and sykes.

whoever wrote that mobley and gold being on ir hindered our pass rush made a gr8 point, i had'nt thought of that. BUT 2 games that stick out when our db's got alot of criticism was new england and the colts w/card but brady and manning had all day too throw!!!

we have a gr8 squad, if they are healthy so the main concern of mine is too re-sign our out of contract players.

and i think we need a rookie wr or maybe it should be our PRIORITY in the free agents as rod and eddie are both veterans.

i like walls as a cb and love kennedy and ferguson as safeties but i would like to see deltha instead of herndon next year. i know he had problems but i would love to see him get another chance.

Comment

Our two best games this year, IMO, were the Raiders at home, and the San Diego game which was the first game that Jake came back. In those two games, we put tremendous pressure on the QB and pass rushed as well as I've seen in a while.
                  Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

I'd like to see a defensive end signed in the first round and move Pryce back to defensive tackle. Either that or just get one and let Berry go.

Hayward/Pryce/Fatafehi/#1 round DE

I think that would be a descent D-Line

Comment

Wrong

New England beat the Colts because their DB's were kicking the crap out of the receivers, knocking them off their routes and disrupting thier timing. Manning had to sit back in the pocket longer because what he expected wasn't there anymore, so he held on to the ball and went through his progressions. He didn't find anybody open where he expected because of this. This caused him to hold on to the ball long enough to get sacked. It wasn't like the Pats had an amazing 1.5 second pass rush. They just didn't give Manning what wanted. Receivers breaking cleanly off the line of scrimmage and getting wide open. Denver and KC didn't do this. They just tried to cover them. Well all Manning had to do was read the Defense and throw the ball in 3 seconds or less. Indy's receivers were breaking clean of line all day on us. We needed to jam them so we could throw off Manning's timing and expectations of where the receivers were going to be.

We need a good physical db.

Comment

roger that BB

We need to JAM the wr at the line to counter a timing offence like indy--
                        It is my honor to serve him

Comment

There are a couple keys to the Bronco's being a superbowl team next year. If they do these things I believe they'll be superbowl bound. First we must resign Gold, Wilson, and Hamilton. Those three are the most important free agents next to Bertrand Berry. Once the necessary Free Agent are resigned, there are two free agent areas that we need to access in order to be succesfull. We need a shutdown corner, preferably Antoine Winfield or Champ Bailey. Either one of them would make oure secondary 10 times better then before. Secondly, we need to sign Darrell Jackson to a contract. The guy is talented and plus that'll give us Lelie, Smith, and DJax. Plummer would finally have a younger corp to throw to. With these main points in place I believe that the Broncs will be superbowl bound next year. I know everybody says that our salary cap is over drawn, but we have worked around the cap for years and years now, tha'ts not a problem. Our cap people find a way to get it done every off season.

Comment

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                            Don't forget a lot of good teams pass rushing is blitzing. We had two of our fastest guys out on IR, Mobley and Gold.

That said we could use another real good pass rusher as DE, but we do not know what we have with our three rookie draft picks that went on IR.
                            B4E, even before Mobley and Gold went on the dl Denver was not blizting that much anyway. Coyer believes in getting an effective rush fromm the front four. I would like to see what Mitchell could do. I've heard the guy has a motor that just wont quit.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

denver for the most part this year got pretty good passrush but i dont think we need a bigger name on the line just the fear of that name can help. i know jevon kearse may not be back with tenn. i was watching that on espn this week kearse,berry on the ends pryce can move around but also remember that we're a good run stopping team and when u get strong pass rushers in for the most part u give up rushing yrds... look we need i think somebody in the secondary kennedy didnt impress me this yr i thought last yr he played better. i like ferguson he did it all run stop and defended the pass i like him. but we need a db or safety. we need to find ourselves a return guy our special teams return man really suck i know my boys off the street that can do better returning kicks.

Comment

Working...
                              X