Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can any locals provide broncos information plz???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any locals provide broncos information plz???

i am from england and will be coming to denver at the begginning of october to see the broncos. can any1 tell me

1, when the schedule comes out?

2, is the ground in denver or nearby boulder?

3, when is the draft day?

4, who is the local colorado college team and the format of college football?

any help would be greatly appreiciated, thanx, bronx

I think I can help you out.

1) The schedule should be coming out sometime in the Spring...I'm not sure exact dates. I know that the home games are already decided, for the most part, but they haven't said what the dates will be.

2) Invesco Field @ Mile High is in Denver. It's right off of one of the main highways in the city (I-25) and is easily accessable. Depending on what hotel you are staying at, a lot of the places have a shuttle to & from the stadium. Otherwise, there is the "Bronco Ride" to and from the game. If you take the Broncoride, there are pickups all around Denver/Boulder, but you don't get the opportunity to tailgate much before and after the game. If you rent a car, contact me when it gets closer to your trip & I can help you with parking & arranging a great tailgate for you.

3) I'm not quite sure. Someone else can answer that for you!

4) There are a few different college teams. You have the University of Colorado (Boulder) Golden Buffaloes. In my opinion they are the better team, but I'm biased! There is also the Colorado State University Rams (Ft. Carson). Also, there is the Air Force Academy (Falcons) down in Colorado Springs. There are a few other smaller schools (University of Northern Colorado Bears come to mind) as well. As far as the "format" I'm not sure what you mean, other than I can tell you that they pretty much follow the same format as the NFL, only there are some slightly different rules (no challenges, clock stops on first down, etc.) If you get to a college game while you are back here that would be an awesome time for you!

Comment

thanx for taking the time to write that and it was a gr8 deal of help to me.

when i said format i meant how many divisions are there and how are the playoffs decided?

e.g. - in the nfl - 2 conferences - 4 divs. in each con. and 4 teams in each div. - 6 teams from each conference goes in the playoffs - group winners and 2 other best records.

so who are you rooting for in the sb beergirl?

im going for the panthers!!!!!! GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! lol,

Comment

Ah...College football is nice & confusing as far as divisions & such. There aren't really any "playoffs" they have a "computer system" called the BCS (Bowl Championship Series) that decides who is the best team/national champion. It basically takes a certain number of points for each team based on "wins/losses" "Quality of schedule" "Coaches Polls" and etc..So it's always a debate at the end of the year as to who the actual "BEST" team in the college world really is... This year I believe was another example of a split championship (one team won the bowl game, the other team won the polls & was decided to be the "best") Back in '90 or so Colorado & Nebraska had to share a title.

Frankly, I could care less about the sb this year...my Broncos aren't in it, and neither are the Cowboys! But I don't like the Pats because some of their fans are very snobby, so go panthers.

Comment

Have you already set up hotels & plane tickets & all of that stuff yet? If I'm still in Denver at that point, I could probably help you out with getting around.

Comment

thanx

is downtown denver a nice area to stay in?

how much are the tickets prices approximately? (you don't have to work it out into pounds 4 me!!!) lol

Comment

Downtown Denver is a pretty nice area. If you stay in Denver, then you atleast have a pretty good connection to all the touristy places to go to, as well as restaurants, etc. There is an "okay" public transportation system, nothing compared to the transportation systems that you are accustomed to...However, if you are paying for this on a tight budget there are many outlying "cities" that are considered part of Denver County, that might be a little cheaper.

Ticket prices range from about 40 USD and upwards. I believe. I would just watch this site for when tickets go on sale. There is also a certain number of half-price tickets for every game, which are a little harder to come by, but if you watch & see when they go on sale, you can get them. If you don't already have tickets by the time you get to CO, all hope is not lost, as the opposing team gets a certain number of tickets and all the ones that they return get sold on ticketmaster, the week of the game. Now if you're coming to see us play the not-so-mighty Raiders, you might have to fight for tickets sooner, rather than waiting for the week of.

How long are you planning to be in Colorado?

Comment

a week, maybe 2 (i cant take too much holiday from work)!!!!

im hoping to stay in america in a few years (for a year).

our transportation isnt very good!!! buses always late!! trains always delayed!!!!

i heard you have too get used to breathing in the mile high city?!?!?! true?

Comment

Yes but atleast you have those buses & trains!!!

Well once you decide on how long you are going to be staying, I can help you out with planning some other day trips & excursions. Colorado is a beautiful state to explore! Every time we have people come visit, they always wish they had taken extra time off so that they could stay "just another day" and visit "just one more thing"...

Yes you do have to get used to breathing around here. We're up a "mile high" above sea level, so the air really is thin here. People always scoff when we say "drink lots of water" and stay away from too much alcohol, then they realize that they should have listened to us. It's best to drink a lot of water, *always* wear sun screen while you are here (you're "that much closer to the sun" and it will burn you a lot faster!), and keep yourself hydrated, so you don't have to spend half of your vacation in a hotel being sick. As far as alcohol goes, it doesn't take much for a "flat lander" to get buzzed/drunk here, likewise, if I go to a low-altitude area, I can drink a lot more because my body is used to the higher altitude.

October weather in Colorado is very unpredictable, so be careful--be packed for everything! We sometimes will have warm days (in the 60s & 70s) other times we'll have a blizzard! In fact, I believe that most of the blizzards in CO have either come during October or April! Of course, the big joke is "Don't like the weather? wait 15 minutes & it will change"...

Comment

lol, i'll come prepared!!! thx for the info.

im going to bed, its 1:30am here!!

night

Comment

Have a good night. You can continue to ask questions on here, or if you prefer or have more details than you care to share on the public forum, you can private message me, or email me: [email protected]

Comment

I remember when I was in Denver it took us forever to find the stadium, we knew where it was because we could see it but there were so many streets and we kept turning on the wrong one. We stayed in Lakewood in the Travelodge. It was great in Denver, we went to Elitch's the Museum took a tour of the stadium, went to the Zoo and went all around Denver. I really like it there. Oh ya and we went to Casa Bonita, ok food but great entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                          I remember when I was in Denver it took us forever to find the stadium, we knew where it was because we could see it but there were so many streets and we kept turning on the wrong one. We stayed in Lakewood in the Travelodge. It was great in Denver, we went to Elitch's the Museum took a tour of the stadium, went to the Zoo and went all around Denver. I really like it there. Oh ya and we went to Casa Bonita, ok food but great entertainment.
                          Oy veh, not Casa Bonita!!!!

Next time you come, contact me first, I'll keep you from getting lost & tell you the tricks to parking for cheaper

Comment

Working...
                          X