Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a BIG Chris Cole fan now!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by rascal
    Perhaps. The reason why I bring it up is because Lava said that we didn't have sufficient coaching to develop our talent, yet when we let our best teaching coach go, he didn't seem to mind. I'm just asking for answer to his conflicting statements.
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I know. There have been several time that he has contridicted himself. I chalk most of it up to the fact he's young.
    Originally posted by rascal
    thank you!

    Lava, you said, "we don't need alex gibbs to teach it". What? Then how are we suppose to develop the younger talent like Foster and soon to be others? Dennison may be able to implement the scheme that is already established, but he is no Gibbs when it comes to developing talent, which is against what you have said earlier!!
    for the 6th, 7th, and 8th time, we dont need gibbs to teach our o lineman the scheme. He was the assistant we let him go. Dennison/shanahan/nalen all can teach the o-line system themselves just as well. They been in it for a while. Rascal, where have you heard me say the offensive line needed better coaching? I said the QB, WR and DB coaches were inconsistent with their developmental skills. QB, WR, DB and OL see the differences? Gibbs didnt teach QB, WR, and DB's ok? i dont want to have to explain this again.
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-30-2004, 08:23 AM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

    I tried to warn ya.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Return of Lava
      for the 6th, 7th, and 8th time, we dont need gibbs to teach our o lineman the scheme. He was the assistant we let him go. Dennison/shanahan/nalen all can teach the o-line system themselves just as well. They been in it for a while. Rascal, where have you heard me say the offensive line needed better coaching? I said the QB, WR and DB coaches were inconsistent with their developmental skills. QB, WR, DB and OL see the differences? Gibbs didnt teach QB, WR, and DB's ok? i dont want to have to explain this again.
      Lava, you're going up against 10+ years hardcore Bronco fans in this forum....I think sometimes they have valid points.

      Gibbs was given a lot of credit for outr Super Bowl wins.


      Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

      2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by AsianOrange
        Lava, you're going up against 10+ years hardcore Bronco fans in this forum....I think sometimes they have valid points.

        Gibbs was given a lot of credit for outr Super Bowl wins.
        When you were born, your mother teaches you how to act, after 20 years, you dont need her anymore, PERIOD. You know what she would say and know what she would do. Shanahan has been with Gibbs for 20 years, he knows everything gibbs would say/do in any situation. he doesnt need to be here anymore for us to succeed at o-line.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

        I tried to warn ya.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Return of Lava
          When you were born, your mother teaches you how to act, after 20 years, you dont need her anymore, PERIOD. You know what she would say and know what she would do. Shanahan has been with Gibbs for 20 years, he knows everything gibbs would say/do in any situation. he doesnt need to be here anymore for us to succeed at o-line.
          true dat...

          well...we are looking over the fact that we haven't seen life after Gibbs...so let's just stand back and see what happens.


          Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

          2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Return of Lava
            When you were born, your mother teaches you how to act, after 20 years, you dont need her anymore, PERIOD. You know what she would say and know what she would do. Shanahan has been with Gibbs for 20 years, he knows everything gibbs would say/do in any situation. he doesnt need to be here anymore for us to succeed at o-line.
            Your mother could surprise you, after all that is a womens perrogative.

            Gibbs developed what we had. Dennison will need to show he can coach without Gibbs as with some people Mike has to show he can win in the playoffs without John Elway.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by broncos4ever
              Your mother could surprise you, after all that is a womens perrogative.

              Gibbs developed what we had. Dennison will need to show he can coach without Gibbs as with some people Mike has to show he can win in the playoffs without John Elway.
              i dont like when people do the "can mike win a playoff game without john elway" they make too big of a deal out of that. the sad thing is, once mike wins a playoff game, everybody who said it will just disappear, no apologies or nothin, the rumors will just change forms to something else.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

              I tried to warn ya.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Return of Lava
                i dont like when people do the "can mike win a playoff game without john elway" they make too big of a deal out of that. the sad thing is, once mike wins a playoff game, everybody who said it will just disappear, no apologies or nothin, the rumors will just change forms to something else.
                I don't like it either, notice I said some people. Like our friend Aardwolf for example. Anyway Rick Dennison will always be in the shadow of Gibbs, unless he takes the Offensive line to a new level. Gibbs was the architect plain and simple.
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by broncos4ever
                  I don't like it either, notice I said some people. Like our friend Aardwolf for example. Anyway Rick Dennison will always be in the shadow of Gibbs, unless he takes the Offensive line to a new level. Gibbs was the architect plain and simple.
                  How does Dennison take them to a new level? Gibbs is the best offensive line coach in football. I would suppose for Dennison to get out from under the shadow of Gibbs he'll have to develope linemen like Foster and of coarse winning a Super Bowl wouldn't hurt either.
                  John 11: 25-27

                  My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                  Thanks Snk16

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    How does Dennison take them to a new level? Gibbs is the best offensive line coach in football.
                    again you misread him, he didnt say that. read it again.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                    I tried to warn ya.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Back on Chris Cole for a sec:

                      The guy is iffy. Not only does he have 'fumblyhands' he has a bad case of the butterfingers; the guy, from what I've seen, doesn't really have great catching abilities, but he does have some decent speed...

                      To me Lelie, Nate Jackson, that guy, um, Charlie I think can't remember (just goes to show you something...) -- and maybe even Adrian Madise are our future.


                      "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                      - Carl Sagan

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Return of Lava
                        again you misread him, he didnt say that. read it again.
                        Lava be quite and let B4E respond when he gets a chance. I did not miss read it and I'm absolutely sure he'll not take offense at what I said so would please give him a chance to respond for himself.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                          Back on Chris Cole for a sec:

                          The guy is iffy. Not only does he have 'fumblyhands' he has a bad case of the butterfingers; the guy, from what I've seen, doesn't really have great catching abilities, but he does have some decent speed...

                          To me Lelie, Nate Jackson, that guy, um, Charlie I think can't remember (just goes to show you something...) -- and maybe even Adrian Madise are our future.
                          he is iffy, but he really improved a lot in the camp, he went in as shoe in for the 4th receiver, if he improves like he did last offseason in this offseason, he will be more valuable. I am couting on our WR's development
                          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                          I tried to warn ya.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X