Rod Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    if faulk had 1300 or 1400 yards and their WR had 80 or 90, but we run for 2000+ and our WR gets 74, what are you trying to say? We are a dominant run team, like best in the league dominant, how could we have a 80 or 90 WR if we rn so much? Besides that we have more than 1 good option at WR/TE
    just like i said, the rams had no DOMINANT run game. 1300 or 1400 yard back is no where near domination for 16 games running. we led the league in rushing yards we will not have a 90 catch WR if we run like that......NO team would.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

just like i said, the rams had no DOMINANT run game. 1300 or 1400 yard back is no where near domination for 16 games running. we led the league in rushing yards we will not have a 90 catch WR if we run like that......NO team would.
      I have never heard anyone say that if a back gets 1300 to 1400 yards that some how the teams running game is not dominate. Lava you take those yards divide them by an average of 300 carries and the average per carry is well over 4. Every head coach in football strives to have those kind of stats in their running attack, if they do that in most cases translate into wins. In Anderson's rookie season he rushed for 1400 plus yards and both Eddie Mac and Rod Smith caught 100 passes so it can be done.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
        I have never heard anyone say that if a back gets 1300 to 1400 yards that some how the teams running game is not dominate. Lava you take those yards divide them by an average of 300 carries and the average per carry is well over 4. Every head coach in football strives to have those kind of stats in their running attack, if they do that in most cases translate into wins. In Anderson's rookie season he rushed for 1400 plus yards and both Eddie Mac and Rod Smith caught 100 passes so it can be done.
        tx, READING COMPREHENSION. i KNOW that a 1300 or 1400 yard rushing team can have a 100 catch WR, but a 2000+ yard rushing team is less likely, especially a 2200+ yard rushing team like we had! we led the league in rushing, we wouldnt have a 100 catch WR cause we ran all the time. a RB with an avergae in the 4's is not dominant, to be dominant they need a 5 or higher to be dominant, but if you can show me a team that had 2200+ rushing yards as a team AND a 100 catch WR, i will shut up, until then, you and jd are wrong.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

tx, READING COMPREHENSION. i KNOW that a 1300 or 1400 yard rushing team can have a 100 catch WR, but a 2000+ yard rushing team is less likely, especially a 2200+ yard rushing team like we had! we led the league in rushing, we wouldnt have a 100 catch WR cause we ran all the time. a RB with an avergae in the 4's is not dominant, to be dominant they need a 5 or higher to be dominant, but if you can show me a team that had 2200+ rushing yards as a team AND a 100 catch WR, i will shut up, until then, you and jd are wrong.
          You keep stating reading comprehension but when are going learn to do so?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            You keep stating reading comprehension but when are going learn to do so?
            play nice kids
            sigpic

Comment

Lava, check it out:

1997 Detroit Lions
              Record: 9 - 7 - 0

Team Offense
              |---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL
              CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD TD YD

304 540 3605 6.68 19 17 447 2464 19

Quarterbacks
              +----------------------+----+-------------------------------+-------------+
              | Name | G | CMP ATT PCT YARD Y/A TD IN
              Matt Blundin | 1 | 0 1 0.0 0 0.0 0 1
              Scott Mitchell | 16 | 293 509 57.6 3484 6.8 19 14
              Frank Reich | 6 | 11 30 36.7 121 4.0 0 2

Running Backs
              +----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+
              | Name | G | RSH YARD AVG TD |
              | Ron Rivers | 16 | 29 166 5.7 1 |
              Barry Sanders | 16 | 335 2053 6.1 11
              Cory Schlesinger | 16 | 7 11 1.6 0 |
              Tommy Vardell | 16 | 32 122 3.8 6 |

Wide Receivers
              | Name | G | REC YARD AVG TD |
              | Tommie Boyd | 16 | 10 142 14.2 0 |
              | Kevin Hickman | 4 | 0 0 0.0 0 |
              | Glyn Milburn | 16 | 5 77 15.4 0 |
              | Herman Moore | 16 | 104 1293 1 2.4 8 |
              | Johnnie Morton | 16 | 80 1057 13.2 6 |
              | David Sloan | 14 | 29 264 9.1 0 |
              | Eric Stocz | 6 | 0 0 0.0 0 |

Tight Ends
              +----------------------+----+----------------------+
              | Pete Chryplewicz | 10 | 3 27 9.0 1 |
              | Pete Metzelaars | 16 | 17 144 8.5 0 |

As you can see, they had a 2000 yard single rusher (Barry Sanders) while running for over 2,400 yards as a team. They also had 1 receiver with 100+ catches (Herman Moore) and 2 receivers with over 1,000 yards (Moore and Morton). Unless I am mistaken, that is the only time that has happened in NFL history. Although they did not score points like the 1999 Vikings or the early 80's Redskins, they had over 6,000 yards in offense, not including special teams, which makes them among one of the greatest single season offenses in the history of the NFL.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                Lava, check it out:

1997 Detroit Lions

Team Offense

Quarterbacks

Running Backs

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

As you can see, they had a 2000 yard single rusher (Barry Sanders) while running for over 2,400 yards as a team. They also had 1 receiver with 100+ catches (Herman Moore) and 2 receivers with over 1,000 yards (Moore and Morton). Unless I am mistaken, that is the only time that has happened in NFL history. Although they did not score points like the 1999 Vikings or the early 80's Redskins, they had over 6,000 yards in offense, not including special teams, which makes them among one of the greatest single season offenses in the history of the NFL.
                wow that's doin some homework, very impressive but i guess it just goes to show that all the offense in the world means nothing without scoring & having some kind of defense
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                  wow that's doin some homework, very impressive but i guess it just goes to show that all the offense in the world means nothing without scoring & having some kind of defense
                  well, it was just because Lava didn't believe such a thing could happen. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about Detroit or how many games hey win.

Comment

well, it was just because Lava didn't believe such a thing could happen. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about Detroit or how many games hey win.
                    lava is still pretty young so give him some time to fully get things, although he does know quite a bit for a young age & he is a bronco fan so ya gotta love him for that
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                      lava is still pretty young so give him some time to fully get things, although he does know quite a bit for a young age & he is a bronco fan so ya gotta love him for that
                      Not saying I don't like him. I just knew that his statement was inaccurate. I had trouble remembering what season the Lion's pulled off this rare feat.

Comment

Lava, check it out:

1997 Detroit Lions

Team Offense

Quarterbacks

Running Backs

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

well, that just shut me up on that, lol. i cant believe they only won 9 games with a n offense like that, they must hve hd terrible defense, we're talking sub chiefs kind of D.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

well, that just shut me up on that, lol. i cant believe they only won 9 games with a n offense like that, they must hve hd terrible defense, we're talking sub chiefs kind of D.

Well, the only scored like 340 points, which is good, but not as good as it should have been with that many yards. I think they gave up like 290 or something, so they were average on d, but clearly had trouble scoring points efficiently. They should have scored more often with that kind of offense.

Comment

Well, the only scored like 340 points, which is good, but not as good as it should have been with that many yards. I think they gave up like 290 or something, so they were average on d, but clearly had trouble scoring points efficiently. They should have scored more often with that kind of offense.
                            Matt Blundin? I remember that guy he used to be a CHIEF!!!!!! He sucked, heck even MARK VLASIC Looked better than him!
                            [QUOTE]
                            If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                              Matt Blundin? I remember that guy he used to be a CHIEF!!!!!! He sucked, heck even MARK VLASIC Looked better than him!
                              Blundin was a perfect fit for the Squaws dungheap.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick
                                Now Lava reads into a post what he wants to read into it. I've noticed that he likes to start an argument then claim you started it and are being a big meanie. I have also noticed that when his mind is made up, that's it. He no longer wants to be provided any facts.
                                you been studyin me huh? well i must say.......you're dead wrong. you dont know what i do here. i like facts and stuff like that. You on the other hand are here only to contradict people. where in any of your posts have you AGREED with me? Is eveything i say wrong or do you just WAIT UNTIL i say something you can pounce on? either way, it really doesnt matter to me. if i have an opinion, i will let you know what it is and we can go from there, at the end of the day, i have no hard feelings for anybody. you on the other hand are upset cause i must have proved you wrong one day so you spend time searching through my posts so you could get me back. Well you can hold your grudge but it aint affectin me buddy.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X