Trevor Pryce and the D-fense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Pryce and the D-fense

I say we trade him and his big contract and try to sign grant winstrom, his motor never stops and we need a guy like that on our defense. Grant and Champ Bailey and a first round corner like Hall from VT or that kid from Div II A colough or however you spell it and maybe a safety and we're set.

You're [email protected]

Trevor Pryce is one of the biggest names on our line...

The key is free agency. We bult a great d-line this season with a bunch of no-names...

I don't know what possessed you to think we should trade Pryce!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I'm not saying he's not good, he's got a big contract and he always slacks off at the end of the year. We need the salary cap space bad. Get Winstrom and clog the middle with some big uglies and we'll have a great D-line.

Comment

Well...I think ryce did well towards the end of this season. He's the reason why we do so well in the run stopping.

Also, this was the first year they played together. If it wasn't for the Gardner fiascal, we would be in top gear right now.

Comment

I'm not saying it cause i dislike him, I'm even a clemson fan but in the salary cap situation you have to decide whats best for the team and if you can bring in a guy as good for a little less money then you have to do it especially if it helps us land Champ.

Comment

are u crazy trevor pyrce is 1 of the best d-lineman in the nfl....he frees up every1 else bcuzz he gets double teamed most of the time.....yes he has a big contract but it'll b restructed along w/ many others r cap space will b ok....n will sign most of our FA's n prolly sign a couple...a veteran DB hopefully

wistrom IMO will go to only 2 teams hes from missouri played is whole career in st. louis he'll either resign there or go to KC n reunite w/ vermeil its a win win situation 4 him both teams r pretty good n he'll get paid well....

Comment

he doesn't slack off

the man is worn out. he's the broncos best de so he gets most of the attention. get somebody to help him on the other end and maybe you would see more production at the end of the year. you won't find too many trevor price's out there to just let him go like that. salaries can always be structured to fit the cap.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
                I'm not saying it cause i dislike him, I'm even a clemson fan but in the salary cap situation you have to decide whats best for the team and if you can bring in a guy as good for a little less money then you have to do it especially if it helps us land Champ.
                I think you have been reading to many of LAVA's posts.

I think the Cap will work itself out. Pryce earned that contract a few years back...I think we're good when the cap situation needs attention.

Comment

he's a great DT but we need a game breaker DE, Berry had a great year and alot had to do with pryce getting Dbl teamed but he's just not fast enuff for DE. Gimme Winstrom and Berry at the ends and two huge DT's to clogg the middle, it worked for the ravens when they won the super bowl.

Comment

Winstrom would cost some money....don't you think?

It's just like picking Pryce up as a FA.

Comment

Yeah, he'd prob. be a little pricey but you getting a much faster player that is a true DE. Can you imagine the speed with berry and winstrom at DE along with our LB corp? That would be awesome.

Please don't take me in the wrong way, i'm just thinking of ways to get us back to the top again and i would hate to loose TP but if it is for the good of the team and benefits our cause i'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
                        Yeah, he'd prob. be a little pricey but you getting a much faster player that is a true DE. Can you imagine the speed with berry and winstrom at DE along with our LB corp? That would be awesome.

Please don't take me in the wrong way, i'm just thinking of ways to get us back to the top again and i would hate to loose TP but if it is for the good of the team and benefits our cause i'm all for it.
                        Oh no..I'm not taking any of this in any wrong way...

I truley believe Pryce is talented. Do you see the Broncos move him around a lot to DT and put Hayward in....Hayword is the guy you want to replace.

Comment

i'd hate to lose pryce (the look on his face alone is worth alot ). our D line was great this year, so i can't see doing anything to shake it up. i'm also a person who likes players to stay with a team throughout their careers. i think i'd rather have a great player who stays with us, than the best player for a year or two.
                          sigpic
                          go broncos
                          share the sidewalk
                          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I would like to see TP in the middle again with a great DE on one side at least, i just think his play was so much better when he was at DT and hopefully he'll be gracious enuff to the org. to restruc. his deal.

Now what about our chances of landing Champ cause that's by FARRRRRRRRRRRRR my biggest concern. That guy is golden.

Comment

IF, a big if, we keep Gardener and with the players we have who didn't play this year we should be fine for DT's. Getting a DE would be nice, but I would prefer to spend money on a CB first, DE second, TE/WR third, QB fourth.

Does anyone think we can get DeAngelo Hall from V-tech or Chris Gamble from O-state during the draft?
                              Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Working...
                              X