Why we lost....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we lost....

The reasons why the Broncos lost are easy to identify...
    1) The secondary sucked it up. They gave up big play after big play and over 350 yards to Brady.
    2) The mastermind has lost his mind. Punting twice when it is 4 and short from the 30-35 yard line, just stupid. Calling a pass with 2:34 left HELLOO??? Give me that pat's coach anyday, that guy is a genius. Do you think Shanahan would have given up a safety, HELL NO!!! Package Shanahan, O'Neal, Middlebrooks and maybe we can get a decent coach.
    3) Ashley Lelie couldn't catch a pass if his life depended on it. All the talk during preseason was how he was making these awesome catches. WHATEVER!! He dropped at least two passes, and should have caught a third if he removed his head from his butt.

Broncos will not get into the playoffs this year with Shanahan pulling dumb stunts like last night and the secondary getting embarrassed.

To make an ammendment...I thought Kanell played well enough to get us a W. He didn't turn the ball over and made some good throws. I mean what can you expect from a 3rd string QB?
    Last edited by rascal; 11-04-2003, 08:07 AM.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

I totally agree. Kanell is HORRIBLE as well. Should've played Rod Smith at QB. Thank God for the bye week.

Comment

I agree with the secondary or the scheme thee were huge holes up the middle every time! I dont agree with deltha oneal though herndon and walls both got burned worse than oneal did. We should pick up charles woodson!
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        I agree with the secondary or the scheme thee were huge holes up the middle every time! I dont agree with deltha oneal though herndon and walls both got burned worse than oneal did. We should pick up charles woodson!
        True they all got burned. Shanny has no guts whatsoever, proved by not going for it on 4 and short, so he won't take a risk by signing DB. I'm suprised he picked up Plummer. That guy has absolutely no balls whatsoever.

You too Cutler.

Comment

BECAUSE

EVERYONE IS HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Kanell

4th quarter with 2 1/2 minutes left on the other teams 33 yd line and Kanell acts as if his head will be blown off if he heads towards the line of scrimage with the ball. Can he run, if he runs for the 1st down the Broncos win; if he runs and comes close, the Broncos have a chance on 4th down. (Which they should have anyway)Kanell acted as if he would have gotten shot if he tried to run, the only passes he threw hard were the ones he threw out of bounds. Cut the side burns and grow some ****s!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
              True they all got burned. Shanny has no guts whatsoever, proved by not going for it on 4 and short, so he won't take a risk by signing DB. I'm suprised he picked up Plummer. That guy has absolutely no balls whatsoever.
              I wouldnt go that far. Hew had too much guts last year on 4th down i think he learned from that. anyway we had a lead and i think he showed faith in his defense to not allow an 80 yard drive. its either the defense fault or larry coyer. I say both
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

If deltha would have caught the kick off after the safety the Broncos would have been on at least the 30, instead Deltha doesnt catch the ball and it rolls to the 10. Then he turns around and gets beat for the last touchdown. I wish we would just get rid of the guy.
                I agree totally with your 3 assessments of the game. I have been slowly losing faith in Shanny for the past couple of years. His play calling last night was horrible. Why would he not consider 3rd and 4 (twice late in the game) on the 32 two down territory when we have clinton portis. And then he elects too throw the ball on 3rd and 5 stopping the clock so the pats don't have to use their last time out or let the clock run to the 2 minute warning.
                Shannahan has been the reason for at least two of the losses this season, if not all of them. His genius stature is gone from me until he proves he knows what the hell he is doing. His ego has gotten out of hand.

Comment

I wouldnt go that far. Hew had too much guts last year on 4th down i think he learned from that. anyway we had a lead and i think he showed faith in his defense to not allow an 80 yard drive. its either the defense fault or larry coyer. I say both
                  It's the entire coaching staff's fault. The secondary coach, Gibbs, has no clue what he is doing (350+ yards!!), the special teams coach is a moroon (free kick off debacle and another huge kickoff return), Larry Coyer for the defensive breakdown, and Shanny for the playcalling and lack of balls.

You too Cutler.

Comment

mac190 you hit the nail on the head.

You too Cutler.

Comment

what seems obvious to you also seems obvious to the defense. do you think about things like that? Shanny called the right play if lelie holds on, none of this is discussed!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

faith

He can have faith in whomever but when you have one of the league's best offenses you keep the ball; just like North Carolina when they used the 4 corners offense. The Broncos were playing against the clock with that much time left and the playoffs at stake. You can't hope that his weak secondary would do something; last year everyone blame Rhodes for the soft attitude in the defense but he has the seahawks killing receivers out there and here in Denver they are all Mr. Softies, the secondary thinks that they all are Atwater and think they are going to knock people out and not rap up the ballcarrier and are afraid of the ground. I am tired of the Broncos trying to push everyone out of bounds and not tackle and then not get physical with receivers coming off the line. They will never go far or do well with a soft and weak secondary.

Comment

what seems obvious to you also seems obvious to the defense. do you think about things like that? Shanny called the right play if lelie holds on, none of this is discussed!
                          We had been running on them the entire quarter with them having 8+ guys in the box, so why stop then? Shanny took the ball out of Portis hands and gave it to a 3rd string QB and overrated WR. Not even including the two times we punted inside the 35. WHY??? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY!!!

You too Cutler.

Comment

But why take that chance......................Cause you are asking a third string QB to make a clutch pass and a 2nd string rcvr to make a clutch catch. You give the ball to the most experienced person, the person who will 95% of the time, not fu** it up. You dont put it in the hands of your back up inexperienced players. And yes I know at the moment thats the majority of our team, but still, you have a few left that could have gotten the job done. And Elam getting injured was a huge blow, I think that shook Shanny up more than we know. I dont think he adjusted well to that injury. It freaked him out and he panicked. All I know is we lost a HUGE game. It was a devastating loss I hope we can bounce back from. I know that, personally, I am heartbroken.......

Comment

why we lost

I think that Broncos fans should be considering, not just why we lost to NE, but why we have lost so many games this season that could have been won. Injuries are a big problem, but it seems like injuries have been a big problem ever since the broncs last superbowl appearance. From that time on it seemed like every season was plagued with injuries! How can we ever forget Terrell Davis and how his career was ended ?
                              With all due respect to Mike Shanahan and the coaching staff of the Broncos, I am wondering if there is a problem with those members of the staff whose responsibility it is to keep the players in top shape. Lifting weights is fine and important, but are the players staying limber, ect.? I think that the Broncos should be looking at the sports medicine aspect of their team
                              especially the preventative side!

Comment

Working...
                              X