Why we lost....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    Ok you guys say what you want just know that Shanahan put his team in postion to win and he isnt up for blame at all! You all throw in plays as if we were down a touchdown, we had the lead! Its not that Shanahan didnt trust his running game its that he DID trust that a pass was unexpected and his defense could hold if it didnt work. Since that didnt work you all want to criticize! You all are not fans, you all are MEDIA!!!!!!!
    I think thats the best quote I ever made.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Top 10 reasons we lost

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      Cant we all just agree it was a combination of many things that made us lose last night.

1. Injuries-----you cant fault anyone, they just happen

2. Deltha-----ummmm, theres already been plenty posted

3. Our secondary in general------has sucked for quite some time now

4. Pass rush------thanks to the injuries it was pretty weak

5. 3rd String QB-----I believe he did all that one can expect from a 3rd stringer

6. Lelie-------He's still young and inexperienced, I believe time will help this young man (and i dont think the play should have been to him, to much pressure for the young guy)

7. Play calling------due to injuries, many things had to be adjusted, but still RUN THE F"N BALL

8. Clock Management------regardless of what anyone else says, it should have been done better

9. Mile High Mystique-------Is it gone?????????

10. John Elway------RETIRED--------need i say more

No. 10 should explain our last few seasons since Mr, Bronco left Shanny has yet to prove he can win with out TD & JE...
      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Originally posted by broncosgrrrl
        I do agree that the injuries is the #1 reason why we lost.
        With all due respect, it's pretty lame to name "injuries" as the #1 reason for losing to a team that has suffered 3 times more injuries than the Broncos.

Comment

#1 - Shanahan is a moron

#2 - Shanahan is a moron

#3 - Shanahan is a moron

#4 - Shanahan is a moron

#5 - Shanahan is a moron

#6 - Shanahan is a moron

#7 - Shanahan is a moron

#8 - Shanahan is a moron

#9 - Shanahan is a moron

#10 - Shanahan is a moron

Sorry if this is offensive to any morons and/or Texans out there.
          Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-04-2003, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I know there has been a good deal of Deltha O'Neal bashing, but I think it is all completely warranted. I mean at least try to dive for the ball make a play. Hell infere with the guy, grab his jersey, his face mask do.... SOMETHING!! Watching and waiting for the official to signal a touchdown is not getting the job done. The Falcon's benched their entire secondary, at least # 24 needs to sit for the Broncos. Let someone esle field punts and be done with it.

Comment

OK, we lost the game. We did alot of things wrong. But we cant go on talking about how big of a moron Shanny is and that Deltha sucks. I personally do not think Deltha sucks, I think he can be a great corner. Shanny is not a moron, if he was he would be coaching a pop warner team. We have probably the worst injuries out of any team in the league and that is the #1 reason why we lost. We didnt lose because of the play calling, we didnt lose because we muffed the punt following the safety. Lets just forget about this game and start thinking about San Diego.

Comment

WELL EVERYONE, FROM WHAT I SEE, WE NEED TO START LOOKING FOR A SECOND STRING QB THAT IS WORTH A *[email protected]#. IT SUCKS HAVING JAKE OUT AND EACH WEEK KNOWING THAT BUERLEIN OR KANELL IS GOING TO THROW THE BALL IN TO THE HANDS OF THE OPPOSITION. I LISTEN TO THESE GAMES AT WORK ON THE RADIO AND I'M GETING SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING "HERE'S THE THROW...... IT'S PICKED OFF!" SORRY PEOPLE BUT STEVE IS TOO OLD AND DANNY JUST SUCKS! DENVER NEEDS TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN GET THE JOB DONE WHEN JAKE ISN'T ABLE TO DO IT. ATLEAST GIVE JACKSON A SHOT, HE CAN'T DO ANY WORSE THAN THE OTHER TWO DELBERTS THAT THINK THEY ARE QBS! AFTER ALL THIS, I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN WISE TO HAVE KEPT GRIESE TO BACK UP THE SNAKE.

Comment

I do not blame the play calling, there is only so much that you can do with a QB that sucks more than a Hoover. When u can't throw downfield everything suffers, the defense does not respect your passing game so they put 8 men in the box and dare you to pass, kennel couldn't get that done and Portis had to try and run through walls all night long not to mention the fact that I don't remember the Broncos passing on first down. You just can't win running on every first down Beli**** is way two good of a coach to not take advantage of that situation. Bottom line: The Broncos have got to let Kennel air it out for better or worse let the kid get some confidence these short passes don't work late in the game.
                  I love my Broncos to much to see them have heart wrenching losses cause I hate to lose. Here's to the Broncos after the bye week, I know they will kick ass.
                  Let's take our time, walk down there and screw them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                    I think thats the best quote I ever made.
                    LOL, Lava, u r too funny..........BUT...............Come on, we are fans, don't insult us that way just because some dont agree with your point of view. We are true fans that's why we get so upset and over-emotional when we lose. Everyone on the Broncos team says we shouldnt of lost that game and if Shanny is a true leader he will shoulder some of the blame. Cause regradless of what everyone thinks, he IS partially to blame. The HEAD coach is always gonna have to take some blame in a game like that. It is his job to call plays and to manage the clock. It wasnt done right within those last few minutes. Plain and simple........

And of course.............opinions are like a$$holes.....everyones got one

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                      And of course.............opinions are like a$$holes.....everyones got one
                      Yes, but some are bigger than others.
                      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

the only reason deltha did not field the kick because mike anderson ran under the ball as if he was going to catch it but he was going for a block. this threw oneal off. Man you guys need to watch the game film. I know because I taped it and have watched that play many times.

Comment

I watched that too, but isn't it Deltha's responsibility to direct out there since he is the punt returner. He should have called for the ball and then he would know Mike Anderson was blocking. He just feel asleep on that play. That is his responsibility. You would not see Dante Hall doing something like that.
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Lava you might have had a point about passing on 3rd down at the end of the game if:

a. The Broncos had thier 1st string QB playing

b. If they had not tried it last year against the colt and it failed miserably

c. If the pats had been able to stop Portis

d. if Lelie was having a good night catching the ball

because of these points I feel Shanahan did not give the team a good chance to win. For years our D has been suceptable to the big play and demonstrated it on Monday. It was essential to leave very little time to allow the pats a chance for a comeback. Devner desperatly needs a shut down corner, they must make it the #1 priority in the off-season.

Comment

Who makes the calls?

Against the Chiefs, Vikings, Ravens and Pats there were memorable offensive plays called in crucial situations that just left me shaking my head. Against the Chiefs from the KC two on third down, they gave the ball to Portis on what appeared to be the identical play they called on second down...the result, Portis was stuffed. Against the Vikings, the continued to attempt to force the ball down field, rather than run the ball on third and short...again a negative result. Against the Ravens similar situations occurred, except this time there was a slow third string quarterback bootleging out on a play action...its not Plummer, then no true threat of running...but the play was still called. Then there was Monday night. First, with just under four minutes and the Broncos driving deep in New England territory, and an unstoppable Portis, on third and four they threw a pass...why? Had Portis picked up two or three, time would have ticked off, and there was a possibility of going for it on a fourth and short...instead, an incomplete pass.

So who is making these calls? Is it Shanahan or Kubiak? Something needs to change.

Comment

Working...
                              X