X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce
    replied
    Originally posted by AsianOrange
    Pierce, you should add to your sig "At least I can say Asian Orange is Fantasy League Champion." since you are my biggest fan.
    AM NOT!

Wait, you're a moderator and you have the power to ban me...

On second thought...All hail the fantasy football champion!

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    the patriots are a perfect example.

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Re: Mental Aspect

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    It is coming to my attention that the more i think about it, the more it seems that the mental aspect is THE most important quality in a football player. I was thinking about al wilson, why is he good, he cant catch, he really isnt a big play LB, but he has the mental part down pact, he knows what to do in every situation. He smashes the line of scrimmage on a run play up the middle, he knows the little things that make him successful. same with kenoy kennedy, he isnt anything special, not great speed, not great hands, but sound mentally. he is in the right spots at the right times. They both can lay down a hit too! Look at Spragan, why did he play so well his first year as a starter, he was sound mentally, he went to stanford so he obviously knows how to understand plays better than a fotball player with madd skills but no smarts, lol. Mentality is what i will start looking for in players more often.
    Its true, I like to think that heart and mentality go hand in hand.....you gotta have heart baby, gotta have heart......

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    You gotta admit, the guy is a ponder and should be on the back of every reciever's mind, but when you give away 15 yards for that, that will haunt ya.

If this keeps up...a head to head shot might be for ejection.
    thats why i make him run into a wall, he will learn to turn his head before he hits the wall, then he will be automatic. i like his awareness though, he has the mental part of his game down, he said he is working of his footwork now so he can do better at man to man pass coverage, he is solid for us.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    You gotta admit, the guy is a ponder and should be on the back of every reciever's mind, but when you give away 15 yards for that, that will haunt ya.

If this keeps up...a head to head shot might be for ejection.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    wilson i totally back you but I used to love the way Kennoy hit but the more I look at it, the more the guy's findamentals are wretched.

This guy got us in trouble a few times and when he took out Chris Chambers last year, I backed him up, but the more it shows up that he's a dirty hitter...then I lose more respect and confidence in him.
    if i was coach i would make kennedy run into a wall over and over, he will learn to get his head out of the way, lol.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    Pierce, you should add to your sig "At least I can say Asian Orange is Fantasy League Champion." since you are my biggest fan.

Also:

wilson i totally back you but I used to love the way Kennoy hit but the more I look at it, the more the guy's findamentals are wretched.

This guy got us in trouble a few times and when he took out Chris Chambers last year, I backed him up, but the more it shows up that he's a dirty hitter...then I lose more respect and confidence in him.

Leave a comment:

• Pierce
    replied
    The right football mentality is good. Without it, we would be approaching Raider status (a.k.a. Dumbest Team in America).

Leave a comment:

• BeerGirl
    replied
    Well yeh...Why do you think that Plummer was so much better than Greaseball? Not just mentality, but relationships with his teammates and fans.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    started a topic Mental Aspect

Mental Aspect

It is coming to my attention that the more i think about it, the more it seems that the mental aspect is THE most important quality in a football player. I was thinking about al wilson, why is he good, he cant catch, he really isnt a big play LB, but he has the mental part down pact, he knows what to do in every situation. He smashes the line of scrimmage on a run play up the middle, he knows the little things that make him successful. same with kenoy kennedy, he isnt anything special, not great speed, not great hands, but sound mentally. he is in the right spots at the right times. They both can lay down a hit too! Look at Spragan, why did he play so well his first year as a starter, he was sound mentally, he went to stanford so he obviously knows how to understand plays better than a fotball player with madd skills but no smarts, lol. Mentality is what i will start looking for in players more often.
Working...
X