Broncos snubbed in HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos snubbed in HOF

Considering Oakland has 12 HOFers, KC 7 or 8 (I'm pretty sure) and even SD has 2 or 3 (I think) it's been long overdue for a Bronco to get enshrined in Canton. We've had players good enough to get in but none are so enshrined. Does CAnton have something against Broncos?

Which Broncos (who are currently eligible) should be in the HOF?

My picks:
    Louis Wright
    Randy Gradishar
    Dennis Smith
    Steve Atwater (I may be wrong as he might not be eligible till next year)

I am pretty shocked at the lack of Broncos in the hall of fame. They've had some really good players over the years. What's the deal?

Comment

Good players...not great.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Plus in our history we kept trading our HOFers away. Some of those that are in there now were a Bronco for the majority of their life, but went to another team & then went in...

Glue, you forgot the obvious ones:
        Zimmerman & Elway.

Of course, Elway is going in this year, Zimm was a finalist last year & this year. I think that the HOF just wanted Elway to be the first HOFer, knowing he'd get way more attention than anyone else...Not sure that they'll get Zimm in this year, maybe next year, but he *is* a finalist, so we'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerGirl
          I think that the HOF just wanted Elway to be the first HOFer, knowing he'd get way more attention than anyone else
          I don't have a problem with that...

Personally, I think other Broncos players should get in before Zimmerman. Mecklenburg and Atwater come to mind. But, if Zimmerman gets in, I won't complain...
          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
            Good players...not great.
            AO Denver has had several players I think fit in the area of great. The ones mentioned in the opening post to this surely do. My personal favorite is Randy Gradishar he had 10 straight years of 200 or more tackles I think that more than qualifies him. Jack Lambert and Jack Ham both contemporaries of Gradishar never did that. In fact, those 10 straight season are an NFL record. Btw Glue the Chargers have five that I'm aware of Ron Mix, Dan Fouts, Kellen Winslow, Charlie Joiner and Lance Alworth.
            Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-31-2004, 08:55 AM.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
            X