Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite John Elway Moment...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Favorite John Elway Moment...

    What favorite memory of John Elway's career?

    I will always remember the Drive part 1&2...
    Ozzy


    The "New Black Sabbath"

  • #2
    Helicopter in the SB of course, examplifies his ability as not just a QB but as a football player and his esire to win no matter what.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Raising the Super Bowl Trophy as the MVP...

      As far as plays...I don't recall which year it was, but a comeback win against the Houston Oilers sticks out in my mind. I think it was a playoff game. That's what made it so memorable. Of course, The Drive is memorable, as well.
      Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

      Comment


      • #4
        the helicopter was cool. i also like the very first play of the game when we got our asses kicked by san fran in a superbowl (not sure of the number). Elway to Ricky Nattiel for 70+ yards. we went on to lose that game by about 2 hundred but that play was cool.
        mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pierce
          Raising the Super Bowl Trophy as the MVP...

          As far as plays...I don't recall which year it was, but a comeback win against the Houston Oilers sticks out in my mind. I think it was a playoff game. That's what made it so memorable. Of course, The Drive is memorable, as well.
          your correct it was a playoff game against houston we won 26-24 & i remember that game as well because it was very similar to the drive in the fact that i believe we started from inside the 10 but this time we only needed a field goal, man i was so nervous!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            When he rushed, dove and spun in the air getting hit by 2 defenders picking up the 1st down.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have several but my favorite was walking behind John when he had his son Jack on his back walking off the field in Superbowl 32. There was only a security guard between myself and Elway. There was a swarm of media around also.

              It's a long story how I got on the field. It was the best day of my life.
              REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
              MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
              GO BRONCOS!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                There are so many, the Helicopter in the First Sb wow!



                Anyone remember, the SEAHAWK game a couple of years before the SB win, where John bent over just enough to let a Defender running fullspeed at him fly over him, and then within (one milla-second) JOhn threw a laser ball to the ENDZONE for like over 35 yards up the the middle for a TD??? Thats my favorite Elway memory!
                Last edited by jocool; 01-31-2004, 09:30 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Running in for the touchdown in the Super Bowl and then raising the trophy one last time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                    your correct it was a playoff game against houston we won 26-24 & i remember that game as well because it was very similar to the drive in the fact that i believe we started from inside the 10 but this time we only needed a field goal, man i was so nervous!
                    In fact I think they called it the drive two. Wasn't it Vance who caught the ball for a long pass towards the end also. I can't remember it's been so long ago but I'm pretty sure it was. I remember the expression on Moon's face though. LOL he couldn't believe it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Helicopter was the ultimate expression of desire that signafied an "I will do whatever it takes" attitude to win a SB to fulfill a HOF football career.
                      Originally posted by boltzpride619
                      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

                      Originally posted by RunByDesign
                      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

                      What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

                      Answer: Championships.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                        your correct it was a playoff game against houston we won 26-24 & i remember that game as well because it was very similar to the drive in the fact that i believe we started from inside the 10 but this time we only needed a field goal, man i was so nervous!
                        The thing I remember about that drive is that Elway converted two 4th & 10s. On the first one, Elway scrambled for the first down and got out of bounds. On the second one, Elway scrambled out of the pocket and looked like he was gonna run for the first down again. But before he crossed the line of scrimmage, Elway lofted a pass (over a defender who thought Elway was gonna run again) to Vance Johnson who took the pass and ran up the sideline for a huge gain to get them in field goal range.
                        sigpic

                        "Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                          The thing I remember about that drive is that Elway converted two 4th & 10s. On the first one, Elway scrambled for the first down and got out of bounds. On the second one, Elway scrambled out of the pocket and looked like he was gonna run for the first down again. But before he crossed the line of scrimmage, Elway lofted a pass (over a defender who thought Elway was gonna run again) to Vance Johnson who took the pass and ran up the sideline for a huge gain to get them in field goal range.
                          Yep I was right. I will never forget that game cause my best friend in High School was a huge Oiler fan. And we had a bet on who was going to win. I believe I became 20 richer that day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Elway
                            Helicopter in the SB of course, examplifies his ability as not just a QB but as a football player and his esire to win no matter what.
                            That was my favorite moment too. Although he made a lot of great plays in his day, that was just astounding on so many levels and is just one of many reasons why I'll probably always consider XXXII my favorite Super Bowl (well, that and Elway and the Broncos winning their first Super Bowl). Besides that, I always loved how Elway tried to make plays happen when they weren't there, either through the air or on the ground. The fact I could pretty much count on Elway playing on game day was pretty astounding too (and has been a hit of reality when Griese and Plummer in turn have been less than amazingly durable in comparison).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ryos
                              That was my favorite moment too. Although he made a lot of great plays in his day, that was just astounding on so many levels and is just one of many reasons why I'll probably always consider XXXII my favorite Super Bowl (well, that and Elway and the Broncos winning their first Super Bowl).
                              The helicopter play WAS in the first SB win for the Broncos. (Packers)
                              Originally posted by boltzpride619
                              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

                              Originally posted by RunByDesign
                              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

                              What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

                              Answer: Championships.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X