props 2 the pats but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• props 2 the pats but...

whats with all the comparisons of tom brady to montana and elway? yes he has 2 super bowls but how in the hell can u compare him to those 2? they have done it 4 2 weeks now. ill b the first 2 say he is good qb..but gimme a break he dont deserve that much credit

hes nowhere near the stature of the two mentioned qbs.. trent dilfer has a super bowl ring and noones comparing him to montana or elway

Comment

I too feel it's a little premature to compare Tom Brady to those two greats. I will however say one thing about Tom Brady...CLUTCH.
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Nobody.......I do mean NOBODY is another Elway.

Comment

Brady will have to be in the League a longer before any claim like that will have any validity.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

after every super bowl this goes on

was this the greatest game? is belicheck the greatest coach? is the patriots the start of a dynasty? forget about it. next year some one pops up as the start of all these questions again. but as for tom brady as the next montana is a little strong but montana has three SB MVP brady has two and is only 26. i think the comparison goes to his pocket coolness that joe had, that's all. he's not joe but he's quickly getting alot of respect around the league.
            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

The Pats suck

I hate the Pats and I hope Brady never makes it to a superbowl again. LOL! Also if you watched Belichick was sweating bullets during the Superbowl. He knew he escaped the Superbowl and if it went to overtime he would lose. I was amazed by Delhomme. I think he might go back to the Superbowl someday.

Comment

Originally posted by rockymountainhi
                Nobody.......I do mean NOBODY is another Elway.

I know who's better than Elway, JOE MONTANA, Duhhh!!!!!
                [QUOTE]
                If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

whose better dilfer or brady

Originally posted by bcollin1
                  He didn't play any better than Trent Dilfer did when the Ravens won.
                  was dilfer the reason why the ravens won? he got mvp just larry brown did for dallas in SB30 against pitt where he intercepted 2 balls that neil o'donnel telegraphed. what about jackson for TB getting a SB mvp picking off two passes where there were other teammates who did just as much work as he did. dilfer did just enough to win but we all know it was ray lewis and the rest of that defense that won that game. brady drove the pats to a winning Fg in SB 36 and he did it again in SB 38. dilfer didn't even come close to that. look at the numbers man. over 300 yards, 3TD's. come on there is no way you can compare dilfer to brady.

Comment

that's ok

Originally posted by dhall26
                    I know who's better than Elway, JOE MONTANA, Duhhh!!!!!
                    just as long as elway is better than any qb in kansas city history.

Comment

Tom Brady might and probably shouldnt have two rings only if John Kasay kept the ball in bounds Carolina shot themselves in the foot.
                      2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

just that play hepled NE win that game?

Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
                        Tom Brady might and probably shouldnt have two rings only if John Kasay kept the ball in bounds Carolina shot themselves in the foot.
                        i don't believe that in that 4th quarter carolina did anything to stop tom brady. both defenses were tired and there was nothing either team was doing to stop each other's offense. so whether he got it at the 40 or the 10 NE would have moved the ball. it might have taken longer from the 10 but do you actually think carolina was stopping NE when they didn't do it for most of the 4th quarter? i know some people hate NE for whatever reason but give brady his props he drove them down to for the winning FG.

Comment

Re: just that play hepled NE win that game?

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                          i don't believe that in that 4th quarter carolina did anything to stop tom brady. both defenses were tired and there was nothing either team was doing to stop each other's offense. so whether he got it at the 40 or the 10 NE would have moved the ball. it might have taken longer from the 10 but do you actually think carolina was stopping NE when they didn't do it for most of the 4th quarter? i know some people hate NE for whatever reason but give brady his props he drove them down to for the winning FG.
                          I give Brady props...but I still hate the Patriots....

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Re: just that play hepled NE win that game?

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                            I give Brady props...but I still hate the Patriots....
                            i have no problem with that as long brady is not compared to dilfer.

Comment

Props to Jake Delhome as well... He took control of his offense and moved them well in the 2nd half. Unfortunately his defense didn't step up for him. Lots of happy bookeys after the game I bet. The point spread wasn't what most expected.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                              ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Working...
                              X