Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcollin1
    Yeah...okay.
    Tell that to your C.O. when you're standing in his office here soon.

You may think life is one of those things you get a do-over with, but not this time.
    I'm sure you mean well bcollin i'm sure you do I have no idea why you threaten me with my C.O. the only thing he is worried about is that I am teaching our Airman the basics of radar. I'm also sure me and him would have a great laugh at this reply from you. I have only replied to you twice and you have threatend me already i'm sorry you have such harsh feeling towards me. What di you say you drop the act and let's argue some football. Football remember? That's why were both here.
    "We bust back faster then whistles, from Bronco raider officials" e.W.t.

Comment

• what did carolina do to prove they could stop the pats?

Originally posted by spikerman
      I think had the ball not been kicked out of bounds, the Super Bowl would have been decided by a coin toss. I don't think there would have been enough time for New England to move that far downfield. At that point in the game, neither defense could stop either offense. I truly believe the coin toss for overtime would have decided the winner.
      did we all watch a different game? wasn't both offenses going back and forth scoring in the last 5 minutes of the game? didn't you figure it would come down to who had the ball last? carolina's defense was playing awesome in the first 26 minutes of the game. after that they got tired and so did the pats defense so it became a shootout. carolina's defense was not a factor at the end of the game and it wouldn't had mattered where the pats had gotten the ball at, the panthers d was not stopping the pats at the point in the game. if the reverse would have happened and the panthers had gotten the ball kicked to them would it have mattered where the panthers go the ball? nope the pats weren't stopping the panthers either. whoever would have had the ball last would have scored that's the way i see it, it just happened to be the pats and all they needed was a FG wasn't like they needed a Touchdown to win the game.
      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Re: Re: that was then....

Originally posted by bcollin1
        Did they SCORE in the prior drive?
        No?

I didn't think so.

Uh...it was attainable the other 27 Super Bowls.

Like I told someone in the "why is everyone upset about the Super Bowl" thread:
        71% kicks 29%'s ass every day of the week.

Oh, and the Giants game against Buffalo??
        Now THERE'S a good one for your argument. The Giants were the most dominant team because of...what was it again?...oh yeah, because Norwood missed the FG to win the game.

Oh yeah...now that's what I'd want to say about the Broncos if they won. I'd be talking smack like this:

"As long as we're playing a team that's totally inept, we're the World Champions!!"

you have got to be kidding me.
        what are you saying 71% kicks 29% ass everyday of the week.
        what?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
        in football it comes down to one game not 2 out 3 or 3 out of 5 or even 4 out of 7. one game if the so called dominant team doesn't come out prepared to win in one game then it's thier fault but you can't discredit the other team for winning. Oh by the way I HATE THE GIANTS and that i had to hear that they won the super bowl in basic training made it even worse but they won the game by dominating the time of possession. yes scott norwood missed the FG that would have won the bills the game. yet the giants should have never been that close. the bills should have blown the giants. why? why didn't the bills beat the crap out of the giants? the giants came with a game plan to keep the ball away from the vaunted bills offense and pretty much succeeded. yes norwood choked no doubt about it but the game should have never came down to a kick. You don't know how much i hate the giants about as much as i hate the raiders but i give them credit they won the super bowl. that's it. what am i gonna do whine and moan that the bills should have won if scott would have made the FG? the bills should have stoped mark ingram from getting a first down when they had a 3rd down and forever and they should have stopped OJ anderson from running all over them. the bills didn't lose. the giants won and we have to eat it. that's a sore losers mentality to keep thinking that way.

Comment

• Re: what did carolina do to prove they could stop the pats?

Originally posted by bklynbronco
          did we all watch a different game? wasn't both offenses going back and forth scoring in the last 5 minutes of the game? didn't you figure it would come down to who had the ball last? carolina's defense was playing awesome in the first 26 minutes of the game. after that they got tired and so did the pats defense so it became a shootout. carolina's defense was not a factor at the end of the game and it wouldn't had mattered where the pats had gotten the ball at, the panthers d was not stopping the pats at the point in the game. if the reverse would have happened and the panthers had gotten the ball kicked to them would it have mattered where the panthers go the ball? nope the pats weren't stopping the panthers either. whoever would have had the ball last would have scored that's the way i see it, it just happened to be the pats and all they needed was a FG wasn't like they needed a Touchdown to win the game.
          I agree with you except that the Pats are more known for the short passing game and even though I don't think Carolina's D could have stopped them over a prolonged drive, I think they could have done enough to hold them until time ran out. Don't forget, there wasn't much more than a minute left. Yes NE had all 3 time outs, but in order to score they would have had to take some shots downfield. Carolina was not going to give them anything downfield.

So, overall I agree that Carolina could not have stopped them if there had been more time on the clock. I just think with a decent kick off, the clock would have worked in Carolina's favor.
          Last edited by spikerman; 02-16-2004, 05:19 PM.
          "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

• 1-10-NE32 (6:47) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass to K.Faulk to NE 34 for 2 yards (D.Morgan).
            2-8-NE34 (6:16) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete to D.Branch.
            PENALTY on CAR-D.Morgan, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at NE 34 - No Play.
            1-10-NE39 (6:10) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass to K.Faulk to NE 44 for 5 yards (W.Witherspoon).
            2-5-NE44 (5:41) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete to D.Givens (T.Cousin).
            3-5-NE44 (5:36) T.Brady pass to T.Brown to 50 for 6 yards (W.Witherspoon). (2 yards after catch.)
            1-10-50 (5:03) (Shotgun) K.Faulk right guard to CAR 47 for 3 yards (A.Wallace).
            2-7-CAR47 (4:28) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass to D.Givens pushed ob at CAR 22 for 25 yards (D.Grant). (9 yards after catch.)
            1-10-CAR22 (4:21) A.Smith left guard to CAR 21 for 1 yard (M.Minter, D.Morgan).
            3-9-CAR21 (3:40) T.Brady pass to D.Givens pushed ob at CAR 3 for 18 yards (R.Manning). (4 yards after catch.)
            1-3-CAR3 (3:33) A.Smith right tackle to CAR 1 for 2 yards (D.Morgan, M.Minter).
            2-1-CAR1 (2:55) T.Brady pass to M.Vrabel for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
            (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. K.Faulk rushes up the middle. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS. (NE lined up in a shotgun formation and snapped the ball directly to #33 Faulk.)
            CAR 22 NE 29, Plays: 11 Yards: 68 Possession: 4:02.

BCollin this was the the patriots drive prior to their winning FG drive. with 6:47 the pats got the ball and they scored with 2:55 left . so what do you mean they diddn't score plus they got the two point conversion. after this the panthers tied the game and then the patriots got the ball with 1:13 left in the game. where they got the ball wouldn't have matter cause like i said before the had scored in thier prior drive with no problem. check you SB boxscore again.

Comment

• Re: Re: what did carolina do to prove they could stop the pats?

I agree with you except that the Pats are more known for the short passing game and even though I don't think Carolina's D could have stopped them over a prolonged drive, I think they could have done enough to hold them until time ran out. Don't forget, there wasn't much more than a minute left. Yes NE had all 3 time outs, but in order to score they would have had to take some shots downfield. Carolina was not going to give them anything downfield.

So, overall I agree that Carolina could not have stopped them if there had been more time on the clock. I just think with a decent kick off, the clock would have worked in Carolina's favor.
              yeah in the beginning of the game short passes were the call of the day but by late in the second half both teams were getting blasted by long passes. the game was not typical of what both teams were know for so by the time the pats got the ball with 1:08 it didn't matter where cause the pats were getting off some big pass plays and all they needed was to get to the panther 35 yard line remember that.

Comment

• With just over a minute left, New England was much more limited in the plays they could run. I'm not saying that they COULD not have scored, I just don't think they would have in the short time they had left. Of course we'll never know, thanks to that lousy kick off. Personally, if I'm a defensive coordinator, I would rather see Brady taking shots down the field instead of those little 5 yard "outs".
                "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

Comment

• the problem is...

With just over a minute left, New England was much more limited in the plays they could run. I'm not saying that they COULD not have scored, I just don't think they would have in the short time they had left. Of course we'll never know, thanks to that lousy kick off. Personally, if I'm a defensive coordinator, I would rather see Brady taking shots down the field instead of those little 5 yard "outs".

those little 5 and 7 yard passes were quick and they were going out of bounds and stopping the clock then the pats would let brady roll out and he would hit somebody deep and cut the field in half. thats what happen prior to that last drive and they did it in that last drive. the corners for carolina were giving up the short pass because they didn't want to give up the long pass. yet they didn't stop the Pats recievers from going out of bounds. they did that so much that it open them up for one or two big pass plays. carolina's defense was on thier heels it wouldn't have mattered where they got the ball.

Comment

• I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. Like I said, there is no way of knowing. I just think Carolina's D could have made NE take too much time to move down the field. Either way, that kick off sealed their fate. As soon as I saw that, I knew it was over.

Comment

• did something go wrong on that kick or something? cause it is just to weord that he kicks it straight out of bounds with the game on the line, it didnt even go in the air, it just wobbled straight sideways. how does that happen? it was like the perect way for the pats to win the SB, the lucky breaks just seems to happen to them late in the game to allow them to win it.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Lucky, hell!!! Kasay was bought and paid for!!!

No doubt about it!
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rcsodak
                          Lucky, hell!!! Kasay was bought and paid for!!!

No doubt about it!
                          yeah as soon as they did it, i immediately said "damnit why do they always do that for the pats, its over now"
                          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Sad ending to a decent game.

Damm them patsys....
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• i agree

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. Like I said, there is no way of knowing. I just think Carolina's D could have made NE take too much time to move down the field. Either way, that kick off sealed their fate. As soon as I saw that, I knew it was over.
                              no beef i agree to disagree but i didn't see anything the panthers did on defense at the end of the game that would have slowed the pats offense even with a longer field.

Comment

Working...
                              X