Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are you all so negative about the superbowl???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are you all so negative about the superbowl???

all of you here claim to be football fans but alot of ppl just want to moan about the superbowl. it was a good show and a great game, do alot of you just like to moan???

collin i'd prefer a dog to a diamond myself. the question should be the other way around.
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Gumbel proved he was an idiot by calling one of the most exciting ever. I don't know what game he was watching. No scoring in the 1st & 3 rd quaters. The end of the half was a flurry a misplays leading to 24 points in 3 minutes 5 secs, and the damn broke loose in the 4th quater. Delhomme was 1 for 9 for 1 yard before he got hot, and he stayed hot. The game was given to the pats by Kasay and Fox going for the two point conversions. This game was a gift to the Pats and Collin is right, no way was that a first down the Pats got. I'd rather see a team dominate another in all phases.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
        No, I just like a champion to be a champion because they earned it, not because it was given to them.
        This was the worst Super Bowl I've seen.
        The Super Bowl MVP almost allowed the comeback by throwing a ball he had NO business throwing, and was the start of a 14-point swing for the Panthers.
        The supposedly 'super' defense gave up not one, but TWO long TD's against a KNOWN running team, and one of those was for the longest TD in Super Bowl history.
        Their star defender had 5 tackles and 1 holding penalty.
        The refs literally GAVE them a first down that wasn't. That call was almost as bad as the phantom TD Phil Luckett gave the Jets a few years ago, only Phil didn't have replay then...so maybe it was actually worse.
        There were 12 penalties on Carolina, which was more than both teams combined in the AFC Championship...just after Tagliabue came out and said that there were fewer penalties because the teams at that level were SUPPOSED to play better, and not because the refs were told to leave the flags in their pockets.
        Consequently, the Pats only had 8.
        The supposedly 'super' defense made ONE big play...the fumble.
        Other than that, the Pats didn't show ANYTHING to prove they were the champions. They won because Kasay kicked it out of bounds and because instead of running on first and second down inside the 15 yard line, the Panthers threw the ball and scored too fast. You'd think they'd have learned from the first half, but apparently not.I want a champion that wins, not a champion that gets it handed to them. As far as I'm concerned, the Bucs are still the reigning champions, because at least they WON their game. The refs could have given the Raiders two more TD's, and the Bucs STILL would have won.
        Now, I hate the Patriots but how can you say the Pats dont deserve it? They won 15 straight games. The Bucs to you are still Champions? What was there record this year? They didnt even make the playoffs but to you they are still Champions because they earned it. The Pats do deserve it, how can you even say the Pats won it just because they kicked it out of bounds? What would have happend in overtime, how do we even know if they wouldnt have had another 50 yard pass down field that got them in FG range, if you can remember there was still 1:08 left on the clock when the Panthers scored. The Patriots had a hell of a year this year and the deserved it. And penalties are part of the game. Ya the refs missed some calls but when have they not? All I am saying is the Patriots DID deserve it. The game could have gone either way. Both teams deseverd to win that game, both teams played great.

Comment

This radio show was dogging he Patriots how lucky they got in 2003.....

And yes...a win is a win....but man, no team can be THAT lucky!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

The SB Party at my house was a blast. The game did take a while to get going but both defenses were doing well, which we thought would be the case.

To make things fun in our house, we create a free game every year that makes watching the game much more fun and interesting.

Each guest arrives and fills out a questionaire with 30 questions.
            Who will win the coin toss?
            Who will score first?
            Who will fumble first?
            Who will pass more?
            Who will run more?
            Will there be a kickoff return for a TD?
            Point totals by qtr
            Etc...

You get the idea.

Then I throw some fun ones in there that make it a gimme.
            Will Houston's roof be open?
            Will the halftime show suck?
            Will the commercials suck?

Having this acitivity during the game kept my entire guest list occupied, interested and competitive over certain questions.

The winner got an envelope with $20 in it. My wife won this year!!

All in all, including Janet's boob, we had a blast and thought it was a good game. Best ever? Not.

XXXII was best ever!
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Heres my take, if anyone cares. It was a decent game, neither team was dominant, BUT when supposedly two best teams meet up, isnt that the way its supposed to be. I would rather see a game where both teams have it out to the last second (unless its the Broncos, then a blowout is OK ). This game was at least somewhat interesting down to the last second, literally. I think, personally, its more interesting than a blowout snoozefest. Although i still dont think the Patsies are a trully dominant team and that certainly came through during the game, but its why they play, the best team doesnt always win (we were 10-6, that proves my point...hehe)

And the fact that these sports shows are now comparing Brady to Montana and callin the Patriots a dynasty is insane, but that boils down to hype and publicity, they are just trying to build a story, even if its full of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                no team can be THAT lucky!
                As lava said, 2001, 9/11, the Patriots come out of nowhere.
                2003, Saddam captured, Patriots come out of nowhere. I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy but I bet the Broncos would never lose if you flag was blue, orange, and had a big orange D right in the center.
                Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

now your reaching

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                  As lava said, 2001, 9/11, the Patriots come out of nowhere.
                  2003, Saddam captured, Patriots come out of nowhere. I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy but I bet the Broncos would never lose if you flag was blue, orange, and had a big orange D right in the center.
                  hey for all you oliver stone freaks with conspiracy theories realx. i can understand if this was the raiders or cowboys who won a super bowl. it was the pats. i don't see why everybody got so much hate for NE when they are not a arrogant team and they don't have big mouths. they just play great as a team. they are not my team but you gotta give them respect as the champs. discrediting thier wins as lucky is childish. we all wish the broncos would have won the super bowl but they didn't but i don't have a problem with the pats as the champs. 15 games in a row is not lucky. they are not the chiefs or raiders to be hatin on so much.
                  Last edited by bklynbronco; 02-04-2004, 12:00 PM.
                  Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: now your reaching

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                    hey for all you oliver stone feaks with conspiracy theories realx. i can understand if this was the raiders or cowboys who won a super bowl. it was the pats. i don't see why everybody got so much hate for NE when they are not a arrogant team and they don't have big mouths. they just play great as a team. they are not my team but you gotta give them respect as the champs. discrediting thier wins as lucky is childish. we all wish the broncos would have won the super bowl but they didn't but i don't have a problem with the pats as the champs. 15 games in a row is not lucky. they are not the chiefs or raiders to be hatin on so much.
                    There has been an astounding amount of luck in their win streak. There has also been a drive, a determination and a resolve higher than that of many teams. To suggest there is NO luck in a winning streak that spanned 15 games is misinformation.

A bounce here, a drop there....luck.

They do deserve credit for being a determined, resolute team.
                    Originally posted by boltzpride619
                    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I hear ya bklyn....i dont like the patsies because of their bandwagon fans.....Ive said it 1000 times before and had this discussion with some fellow NE'rs and they agree.....NEVER ever did you see a NE pat fan until 5 yrs ago. I grew up there and they were no where to be found, hell there were more Whaler fans than Patsie fans.....I just am irked by people who cant support their team in the bad years..........they all come out of the woodwork AFTER a SB win....mind you there are people that are just developing a like for football and may pick them cause of the exposure but still there are plenty more who pretend to be long time fans but didnt wear the colors during the really crappy years....

Comment

Re: Re: now your reaching

Originally posted by portisistheman
                        There has been an astounding amount of luck in their win streak. There has also been a drive, a determination and a resolve higher than that of many teams. To suggest there is NO luck in a winning streak that spanned 15 games is misinformation.

A bounce here, a drop there....luck.

They do deserve credit for being a determined, resolute team.
                        yeah but that's not the way alot people on this thread believe. everything has some sort a luck but for 15 games in a row. some people want to dismissed the pats as a very lucky team and not a good team.
                        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I will say that they are a very good, lucky team. (Team being the keyword.)

I think the NE trolls have shaped alot of our opinions about the Pats and their fans in general. I am not ashamed to say I hate the Pats and their bandwagon fans.

But congrats to them anyway.
                          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

just a couple of thoughts

1.) we moan and whine about how unlucky we are and if we were only healthy we'd win all the time. While NE had a butt ton of injuries and kept winning. That shows heart, something I think denver had lost with elway leaving but coming back with Plummer. No matter what you say bout plummer no one accused him of not having heart.

2.)Was a great SB however I just wasn't into it as much as usual, why you ask? I just don't have much interest vested into those particular teams.

3.) The rhetorical question, "Did the best team win?" Well, they were the favorite at the beginning of the playoffs and the vegas oddsmakers had the money on them. One more thing, the best team is the one left standing at the end surveying the dejected looking players looking lost and forlorn. So NE was the best team period. ( I feel slimey saying it, however true it may be)

Comment

Like I said before...congrat's NE...I hate you.

Comment

Working...
                              X