Who do you think is better Portis or Griffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think is better Portis or Griffin

I can tell you guys on here aren't to much big on football but tell me right Now who do you really think is better Clinton or Griffin and do you really think one of those players are the best backs in the league?????
    CUTBACK!!!

Portis is better

Ladainian Tomlinson is the best back in the league. Portis is in the top 3 though.

Comment

Portis is better. Griffin isnt a top back in the league.

Comment

Portis is one of the best in the league. Q has some catching up to do, but I really think that he can become one of the better backs in the league, if he continues to apply himself.

So many people say that he's only had the one breakout game against the colts, and that was because he was "on turf"...Seems to me, many are forgetting what he did in college--(which I know is a completely different "world" when it comes to football talent) which was a lot more than he was expected to do. He's always been proving himself. I like Q, but he's no portis...

Comment

We need to trade Q to the Lions for Dre Bly
          I think they'd fall for it. We'd tell em that he'd be just like Sanders on their turf.

Comment

griffin is mre shiftier, portis is just speed, portis is more useful as he can break away for more big plays.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Though Griffin isnt a bad back, i believe Portis is way better, but i like having Griffin there to spell Portis and to fill the shoes in case on injury

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                griffin is mre shiftier, portis is just speed, portis is more useful as he can break away for more big plays.
                Portis is one of the greats of all time, but I don't think Griffin is second-rate AT ALL. He can't prove himself if he isn't consistently given the opportunity to do so. The problem is, even if he DOES have the potential to be as great as Portis, it isn't likely he will get that opportunity in denver unless Portis is severely and permanently injured. As someone once (rightly) said to me, you can't have two roosters in the henhouse. I don't know what the solution is.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
                  Portis is one of the greats of all time, but I don't think Griffin is second-rate AT ALL. He can't prove himself if he isn't consistently given the opportunity to do so. The problem is, even if he DOES have the potential to be as great as Portis, it isn't likely he will get that opportunity in denver unless Portis is severely and permanently injured. As someone once (rightly) said to me, you can't have two roosters in the henhouse. I don't know what the solution is.
                  solution: keep them both. Portis isnt likely to finish a whole year so griffin is almot sure to play. he can be used for spot duty too.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

The Broncos need to work a trade. I say move Droughns to Full Back and trade either Anderson or Griffin. Obviously, the Bronco faithful would rather see Griffin hang around to see what his potential is, but they might get a better trade offer for him. Portis is the man, and I do think that he is tough enough to last the full season as long as Shannahan balances out the play calling a little more. To do that, he will need to bring in a solid WR.
                    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                      The Broncos need to work a trade. I say move Droughns to Full Back and trade either Anderson or Griffin. Obviously, the Bronco faithful would rather see Griffin hang around to see what his potential is, but they might get a better trade offer for him. Portis is the man, and I do think that he is tough enough to last the full season as long as Shannahan balances out the play calling a little more. To do that, he will need to bring in a solid WR.
                      I know that Droughns is listed as fullback but the guy only weighs 207lbs. I don't he could hold up for 16 games as starting full back. During Anderson's suspension he started and the wear and tear in that four game stretch was already starting to show.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

portis is much better but it is premature to call himone of the greatest of all time.. especially given the fact that running backs seem to flourish no matter who they are behind that denver O line in the last 8 or so years

Comment

If we played in a dome then I'd say Griffin. Portis is better on grass and that's where we play most of our games and will for as long as I can see.
                          Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Benny
                            We need to trade Q to the Lions for Dre Bly
                            I think they'd fall for it. We'd tell em that he'd be just like Sanders on their turf.
                            This isn't as far fetched as it might sound. Griffin will never be another Sanders (no one will), but I think he would have a lot of success in Mariuchis (sp) offense. The issue probably wouldn't be whether they want Quentin but would they want to trade Bly after just signing him last season?
                            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

bly was too much of a pivotal playmaker for detroit this season.. he was the heart and soul of there d.. theres no way they will part with him

Comment

Working...
                              X