Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Raiders game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
    You hit on something important there: REVENGE.

I hope the players don't forget what happened last year. Paybacks are a female dog...

Something else of note: The Norv Turner coached Raiders are something like 1-8 against AFC West teams. The one win? You guessed it.

How embarrassing....

We owned them until Rod caught the long ball in the snow, they decided to try it also. Had it not been for the snow I doubt they would have been able to beat us in DEN. The game was an aboration.

Whenver snow or slick field conditon exsit the scale tips toward the offensive side.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
      We owned them until Rod caught the long ball in the snow, they decided to try it also. Had it not been for the snow I doubt they would have been able to beat us in DEN. The game was an aboration.

Whenver snow or slick field conditon exsit the scale tips toward the offensive side.
      The snow was only part of the problem the way I remember it. In the first half of the game we were getting pressure on Collins which forced him to throw early. In the second half we couldn't pressure on him to save our lives, so the secondary left dangling in the wind.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
        The snow was only part of the problem the way I remember it. In the first half of the game we were getting pressure on Collins which forced him to throw early. In the second half we couldn't pressure on him to save our lives, so the secondary left dangling in the wind.

I did not remember it so good.

The game was won on field possession IMHO. S.Lechler pinned us in the hole all night. Maybe one of the reasons that Mikey got a punter this year.

oak go the ball @
        O20
        D30 FUMBLE
        O14
        O42
        O46
        O48
        O49/
        SECOND HALF
        D36
        O47
        O38
        O37 PICK
        O32
        O31
        D40
        O18

DEN GOT THE [email protected]
        D40
        D20
        D13
        D20
        D38 missed fg by OAK
        D12
        D30
        SECOND HALF
        D20
        D11
        D20
        D26 fumble by OAK
        D17
        D2 on a pick by J Lynch
        D31
        D32
        of course the blocked FG from about 30 yards.

And the dropped pass in the endzone by watts. Both within the last minute of the game.

We did not get all that much pressure on him as I remember they passed ok in the first couple of drives and mixed the play calling up well, but the field was slick from the snow.

But once the dam broke after Rod's long TD collins caught fire and made some pinpoint passes. When he is hot not many better than him.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/[email protected]
        Last edited by Jrhampton; 11-07-2005, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I did not remember so good.

The game was won on field possesion IMHO.
          If so, Shanny was really smart to pick up Sauerbrun. We've been doing a lot better this year in the field position battle and Todd is a big part of that.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
            If so, Shanny was really smart to pick up Sauerbrun. We've been doing a lot better this year in the field position battle and Todd is a big part of that.
            Yes in that game Oak got the ball inside their 35 only 3 time all game.

While we got the ball ONCE past our 32 yard line all game.

YES getting Todd may have been the best thing he did on the off season..

Comment

Bumping for more predictions. Only a couple of days left. (Thank God!)
              ------

Comment

I was just SO un-impressed by the Raiders last week against the Chiefs. Its hard to, though, to expect them to play that poorly again. They were just aweful. Collins is a pansy. Jordan was the only thing on their team I was impressed with.. (that and the play of Sapp) Their defense wasn't anything special. Their offense was pathetic.

So I feel as though I'm being lured into a trap. If we play the same type of game we did against the Eagles.. I think we destroy them. However... the Raiders DO have the potential to score fast and quick, and that always seems to find a way to bite us in the behind.

Denver 31-16

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  I was just SO un-impressed by the Raiders last week against the Chiefs. Its hard to, though, to expect them to play that poorly again. They were just aweful. Collins is a pansy. Jordan was the only thing on their team I was impressed with.. (that and the play of Sapp) Their defense wasn't anything special. Their offense was pathetic.

So I feel as though I'm being lured into a trap. If we play the same type of game we did against the Eagles.. I think we destroy them. However... the Raiders DO have the potential to score fast and quick, and that always seems to find a way to bite us in the behind.

Denver 31-16
                  You're not giving the Raiders offense enough credit. Remember, Jerry Porter had 7 catches for a hefty amount of yards. Second of all, the Raider offense (with help from the Raider defense) scored 2 touchdowns in the last 7 minutes to take the lead! They REALLY stepped it up. Kerry Collins had an awful game, but he stepped it up when it counted, on those last 2 drives. Had the defense not blown it, everyone would be talking about how the Raiders offense came back to win it. However, I do think momentum plays a big part in football, and I won't expect them to come out as sharp as I would if the Raiders had gotten a W. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hells Bells
                    You're not giving the Raiders offense enough credit. Remember, Jerry Porter had 7 catches for a hefty amount of yards. Second of all, the Raider offense (with help from the Raider defense) scored 2 touchdowns in the last 7 minutes to take the lead! They REALLY stepped it up. Kerry Collins had an awful game, but he stepped it up when it counted, on those last 2 drives. Had the defense not blown it, everyone would be talking about how the Raiders offense came back to win it. However, I do think momentum plays a big part in football, and I won't expect them to come out as sharp as I would if the Raiders had gotten a W. Oh well.
                    Hard to say.... was it the "offense" of the Raiders.. or the horrible defense of the Chiefs? I wasn't impressed with the Raiders. Like I said, they have the ability to score fast... but I just wasn't impressed with their team in the least.

Comment

Bump!!!.............

Comment

Wow, this week had the highest percentage of winners yet. It looks like almost all Bronco fans were sure of the win to varying degrees.

Congrats to the following for expect the Broncos to dominate our da Raiduhs:

#7Forever, 16-JakE-16, AFC Champs, alan, all DENVER, ARBroncos, Atwater His Ass, AZ Snake Fan, AZforBroncos, badintentions, BlueDevilsDB, bluegrass1, Bronco8534, BroncoABQ, Broncofan-13, broncofan27, broncolitis, Broncos Zone, BroncoTouchdown, bronc_fan23, chicago_grrl, Denver Native, DenverBroncosJM, DenverFanInGB, Emancipator, ForAllTheHomies, horsepower84, I3IzOnCoF4n24, Javalon, Jaws, Jim, Jrhampton, Jstats, Jynx13, lordtrychon, ludo, lynchandplummer, MileHighStud, Mount-n-Groan, MTRaiderHater, MyFav, OrangeCrush5280, OrangePeel, pistoltwo, PR-Broncomaniac, Prodigal19, PsychoChicken, Ravage!!!, RBDynasty, Sanluisboltfan, Sevenis7, ShadowSkill, ShotPutKing, sMiLiNgA$$a$$In, SmithOverTO, SoDakTE87, sportsgeist, squints, Tatortot, tatum26, Tatum26Bell, TDforTatum26, topscribe, UsualDosage, Wanobe, Willmer123, WyoBroncoMan, YOUNGERJKSPEE

------

Comment

Notice my 31-16 prediction?

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Wow, this week had the highest percentage of winners yet. It looks like almost all Bronco fans were sure of the win to varying degrees.

Congrats to the following for expect the Broncos to dominate our da Raiduhs:

#7Forever, 16-JakE-16, AFC Champs, alan, all DENVER, ARBroncos, Atwater His Ass, AZ Snake Fan, AZforBroncos, badintentions, BlueDevilsDB, bluegrass1, Bronco8534, BroncoABQ, Broncofan-13, broncofan27, broncolitis, Broncos Zone, BroncoTouchdown, bronc_fan23, chicago_grrl, Denver Native, DenverBroncosJM, DenverFanInGB, Emancipator, ForAllTheHomies, horsepower84, I3IzOnCoF4n24, Javalon, Jaws, Jim, Jrhampton, Jstats, Jynx13, lordtrychon, ludo, lynchandplummer, MileHighStud, Mount-n-Groan, MTRaiderHater, MyFav, OrangeCrush5280, OrangePeel, pistoltwo, PR-Broncomaniac, Prodigal19, PsychoChicken, Ravage!!!, RBDynasty, Sanluisboltfan, Sevenis7, ShadowSkill, ShotPutKing, sMiLiNgA$$a$$In, SmithOverTO, SoDakTE87, sportsgeist, squints, Tatortot, tatum26, Tatum26Bell, TDforTatum26, topscribe, UsualDosage, Wanobe, Willmer123, WyoBroncoMan, YOUNGERJKSPEE

almost blew it at the end, but a big win was almost to easy to pick against a bad Faer team.

Comment

Hope they beat them so bad, davis fires himself.
                              I may have been physic!

Rumor has it al resigned. But he fired norbert and wil start coaching again.

Comment

I just got back from Oakland and man all I got to say is that, I dont know if life gets any better than Watching MY TEAM (BRONCOS) live at my FIRST NFL game, Rip the 5HIT out of the CHOKELAND A55 PIRATES!!!!!! What an experience that was.
                                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X