Goodbye Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Wilson

Apparently talks have broken off with Wilson and he is expected to test free agency come march, he just hopes they don't slap a franchise tag on him. And of course portis is being selfish and saying he won't come to camp unless his contract is redone. How can he expect us to pay everyone when we are already over? Does he want to win or get $$, looks like the selfish self proclaimed champion only wants $$. He signed the contract and nobody forced him to. Sure we should redo it because he deserves it, but he has to realize he is part of a team.
    Last edited by rascal; 02-05-2004, 07:04 AM.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Re: Goodbye Wilson

Originally posted by rascal
    Apparently talks have broken off with Wilson and he is expected to test free agency come march, he just hopes they don't slap a franchise tag on him. And of course portis is being selfish and saying he won't come to camp unless his contract is redone. How can he expect us to pay everyone when we are already over? Does he want to win or get $$, looks like the selfish self proclaimed champion only wants $$. He signed the contract and nobody forced him to. Sure we should redo it because he deserves it, but he has to realize he is part of a team.
    We will take ol' Al! I'd hate to see him leave you guys, NOT! As for Portis, what did you expect from a guy out of the University of Miami? The belt should have been your first sign that this guy is going to eventually cause some problems.

Comment

Considering that Shanahan will put a franchise tag on him it that's what it takes, the Squaws don't have a chance of signing him.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

And of course portis is being selfish and saying he won't come to camp unless his contract is redone. How can he expect us to pay everyone when we are already over? Does he want to win or get $$, looks like the selfish self proclaimed champion only wants $$. He signed the contract and nobody forced him to. Sure we should redo it because he deserves it, but he has to realize he is part of a team.
        CP is a good RB...but this is the perfect example of what's wrong with pro sports.

Player signs contract, player has great year, player wants new contract. Nothing wrong with this scenario when your contract is up for renewal, but if it isn't (and CP's ain't) then honor the damn contract. Don't threaten to not report, do your job. If you have another impressive year then you'll reap the rewards.

Man I'm tired of these greedy bastards. Hey, I've had a pretty good year at work, but if I went to my boss and demanded a raise before my contract was up fo review or I'm walking it'd be "See ya later".
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          Considering that Shanahan will put a franchise tag on him it that's what it takes, the Squaws don't have a chance of signing him.
          He probably wouldn't fit in to well with us anyway. I don't think many of the guys on the team care for him too much. Then again he has that attitude and toughness Gunther is looking for in the defense. Damn Franchise Tags!

Comment

AL WILSON, I keep telling you Donkeys, HE IS GONNA BE IN RED BEFORE ITS ALL OVER!!!!!!!! AL WILSON!!!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME WE GET YOU BACK FOR ROBBING US OF NEIL SMITH!!!!!
            [QUOTE]
            If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

If I am not mistaken as a franchise player then Denver has to pay Wilson the avg of the top 5 LBs in the league. Wouldnt it be cheaper to just pay him what he is worth? I know you guys ate cap straped and Portis isnt helping much. Or are they franchising him hopeing that they will get a couple of 1st round draft choices for him. Al playing for the Chiefs is not to far fetched, Shanahan may just think that Al loves him and Denver so much that he will play for less then he is worth, besides you guys have an overage of LBs, so I have been told.

(The old club has a right of first refusal to the players listed below and compensation of two No. 1 draft choices.)
              Never take life seriously.
              Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Re: Re: Goodbye Wilson

Originally posted by pikman
                CP is a good RB...but this is the perfect example of what's wrong with pro sports.

Player signs contract, player has great year, player wants new contract. Nothing wrong with this scenario when your contract is up for renewal, but if it isn't (and CP's ain't) then honor the damn contract. Don't threaten to not report, do your job. If you have another impressive year then you'll reap the rewards.

Man I'm tired of these greedy bastards. Hey, I've had a pretty good year at work, but if I went to my boss and demanded a raise before my contract was up fo review or I'm walking it'd be "See ya later".
                They should revamp the entire league, all of PRO sports for that matter, when it comes to contracts and negotiations.....pikman makes a great point....you sign it, you honor it, you will get yours when it comes time to resign......As much as I love sports, we really need to put stop to all this BS and same goes for overpiad actors, all the entertainment venues......dont you think it a bit crazy that people who's talent is to purely entertain our society get paid stupid amounts of money, while people who put their lives on the line, people who saves lives, people who raise, teach and nuture the future generations, get paid squat in comparison....I am starting to get fed up with all this BS.....

I mean we have our young men and women dying over in another country for some unknown reason at this point, we have a political race going on, we have millions in THIS country alone, starving and homeless yet all we (american society) can talk about is Janet Jacksons boob during the half time show.......

And all these guys can think about is how many more MILLIONS they can put in their pocket.

I know that a lot of celebrities contribute to chairty etc etc, but they always make sure that they have more than enough for themselves first.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Wilson

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                  I know that a lot of celebrities contribute to chairty etc etc, but they always make sure that they have more than enough for themselves first.
                  Just think, if it weren't for the favorable tax implications of contributing to charities not near as many would do it.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Wilson

Originally posted by Nixhex78
                    Just think, if it weren't for the favorable tax implications of contributing to charities not near as many would do it.

Ohh yeah, they get most all of it back actually.

Comment

before i get upset, i have to ask where did you read this?
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                        time to get upset, I read it in the denverpost. I think this is the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...936607,00.html

You too Cutler.

Comment

OK i found it..........aww sh*t!
                          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Wilson

OK i found it..........aww sh*t!
                            It doesn't look good, this offseason could be detrimental to the team. If so, rebuilding may be an option, I pray to God it isn't though.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Goodbye Wilson

It doesn't look good, this offseason could be detrimental to the team. If so, rebuilding may be an option, I pray to God it isn't though.
                              man, this is bullsh*t. i mean i understand where prtis is coming from, but he needs take responsibility for what he signed, if he thoughhe was so good he never would have signed such a low dollar 4 year deal. plus, we were so close to the superbowl. OK, i say let him hold out all year. we just dont have the money for him, or wilson. i feel we MUST keep gold and a couple others, but i think we are gonna take a serious hit this year. this is not good news.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X