How much money do we give Portis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much money do we give Portis?

Looks like Portis WILL holdout if he doesn't get what he wants and not only that, he might LEAVE the team altogether if he feels he doesn't get what he's worth.
    So what do you think?

Should we throw a bunch of money at Portis at the expense of other players?
    Should we give him what he wants?
    How important is Clinton Portis to the Franchise?

Re: How much money do we give Portis?

Originally posted by Bronco Benny
    Looks like Portis WILL holdout if he doesn't get what he wants and not only that, he might LEAVE the team altogether if he feels he doesn't get what he's worth.
    So what do you think?

Should we throw a bunch of money at Portis at the expense of other players?
    Should we give him what he wants?
    How important is Clinton Portis to the Franchise?
    A incentive based contract, something along the lines of what holmes gets.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

We dont give Portis NOTHIN! If Griffin or any back has a good enough year for 2 years, Portis head might not be so big. He cant join another team until 2007 so we have time to try to deflate his ego. I hate both of them for doin this. I thought they were different than the other players in the league. I dont even really want al wilson no more. he doesnt want to be here, otherwise he would love a francise tag, he would get to stay and he would get $5+millions, but he said he doesnt want that so i dont want him.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I agree with Lava...Don't give him anything. He has a contract, period. If he wants to hold out then I say the Broncos hold him in breach of contract. No player should put themselves above the team. Arrogant and selfish.

IMO
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          We dont give Portis NOTHIN! If Griffin or any back has a good enough year for 2 years, Portis head might not be so big. He cant join another team until 2007 so we have time to try to deflate his ego. I hate both of them for doin this. I thought they were different than the other players in the league. I dont even really want al wilson no more. he doesnt want to be here, otherwise he would love a francise tag, he would get to stay and he would get $5+millions, but he said he doesnt want that so i dont want him.
          Oh now come on Lava, you no, we all know we would hate to get rid of Al. But I know what you mean. I thought he was different then that too. I kind of always thought of Clinton Portis being like that for some reason. If I ever get the chance to play in the NFL, I dont care if they pay me 100 dollars a game, well maybe a little more but I wouldnt not play just because there not paying me enough money. Thats stupid. I mean whats the differnce between 2.5 million and 3 million, c'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
            Arrogant and selfish.
            We Chief fans have been trying to tell you guys this since the belt incident. But you wouldn't listen! It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixhex78
              We Chief fans have been trying to tell you guys this since the belt incident. But you wouldn't listen! It's the good advice that you just didn't take.
              Naw the belt incident was funny.
              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Nixhex78
                Priest didn't seem to think it was arrogant and selfish.

"This is what I would tell Clinton," said Chiefs Pro Bowl running back Priest Holmes, who was rewarded with a four-year contract extension that included a $10 million signing bonus and a $5 million annual average days before last season kicked off. "As long as he's producing and then he makes the decision that, 'Hey, I want to make my money, I want to go ahead and get my money now,' he has to stand firm with that and not waver."

Comment

Originally posted by FootballFan
                  Hey Nixhex78, that picture is awsome, where did you get that?

GOOOOOO CHIEFS.
                  Thanks! I can't take credit though. I found it on another message board.

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                    I agree with Lava...Don't give him anything. He has a contract, period. If he wants to hold out then I say the Broncos hold him in breach of contract. No player should put themselves above the team. Arrogant and selfish.

IMO
                    Absolutely right, Lava and pikman. Now let's see how long before someone (who is on my Ignore list) attacks me for saying that.

Comment

Portis knows that we are already over the cap without siging any of our free agents, and he wants more money, gimmie a break man. He lost major points in my book cuz he is being a distraction. let him hold out, let him hold out until his contract is up and see how good of offers he gets from teams when he hasnt played a down in 2 years. I say let him hold out and dont give in to his pressure for a new contract, if that means paying him for 2 more years without him setting foot on a field then so be it, you signed the contract Clinton now be a man and play it out and then get your worth.

As far as AL Wilson goes i have always thought he was way overrated and it woulndt hurt me at all to see him go, cuz i think Terry Pierce would do at least as good, if not better at that spot then AL did.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
                        Absolutely right, Lava and pikman. Now let's see how long before someone (who is on my Ignore list) attacks me for saying that.
                        You are all right!!!!!! A contract is a contract..... How would the players like it if they had one bad year and we didnt pay them cause they didnt preform well??? Shouldnt it go both ways....If they deserve a raise for playing better they deserve a pay cut when they suck

Comment

My question is, if we are over the cap by $5 million(according to the article), and our two best players arent even signed to decent contracts, where the hell is our money going to?
                          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think if we can afford it at some point, we need to give Portis a big contract upgrade. Any team in the NFL would give Portis a huge contract after producing two years like he has. I understand that we are over the cap, but Shanahan and his staff have jumped around the salary cap for years. We've always been able to do what we needed with our team. Also, the fact is none of you guys have ever played in the NFL, so how can you say that you'd play your rookie contract out and never *****? Give me a break. Everybody is money motivated. If any of you produced two seasons like Portis has, you know you'd be demanding more money, as well. I do agree that we need to sign guys like Hamilton, Gold, and Wilson first, but Portis is right up there in importance. I guarantee you all right now that without Portis we haven't got a chance in hell at breaking our 5 year playoff win drought next year or the year after that. Whether you all want to believe it or not, Clinton Portis is the future of our team. Hopefully, Shanahan finds a way to resign our main guys and maybe pick up Antoine Winfield or Champ Bailey. Darrell Jackson would be a great addition to our receiving corps as well if it's at all possible come free agent time.

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
                              I do agree that we need to sign guys like Hamilton, Gold, and Wilson first, but Portis is right up there in importance.
                              Dude,Portis is going nowhere, butthe matter is do we pay him THIS year. I say HELL no! Wedont have the money even to sign Wilson, which in your quote you said thatshould be first. Wecant do that. Shanny isntgonna be ableto sneak around the cap this time, it has all caught up with him. Why do you think we are so far over the cap right now? I hate it but Portis cant play next year or the year after. If we dont win a playoff game at least we will still have our pride. Portis isnt gonna control the team by demanding out of a contract that he signed! Besides that, we still have our offensive line ready so we will run the ball effectively regardless whether you want to believe it or not everybody knows its the offensive line that makes a RB look good.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X