No announcement yet.

No problem. Griffin/Pierce are capable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem. Griffin/Pierce are capable.

I would let wilson leave and let portis hold out. Griffin is capable in his own way to make plays. We may experience dropoff from speed, but Griffin is still a good RB. I dont like the idae of a player controlling a team's decisions. Portis should have never signed thatcontratc if he didnt itend to play it out. Plus his ego is way too big forget him we still have our offensive line so we WILL run the ball!

Wilson doesnt want to be here so i say we lethim go. Gold is our playmaker anyway. Pierce can easily come in a make tackles cause thats all al did anyway. I'm glad shanny drafted him(although i am mad athim for spending so much money carelessly on other/older players).
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-05-2004, 11:25 AM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Amen Lava, Portis is way better than Griffin but our hands are tied at the moment, if he dont understand this than goodbye CP it was fun while it lasted

Comment

Originally posted by halfback
      Amen Lava, Portis is way better than Griffin but our hands are tied at the moment, if he dont understand this than goodbye CP it was fun while it lasted
      Yup, i liek Griffin's attitude better anyway, he is humble and isnt big headed after a big play.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: No problem. Griffin/Pierce are capable.

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        I would let wilson leave and let portis hold out. Griffin is capable in his own way to make plays. We may experience dropoff from speed, but Griffin is still a good RB. I dont like the idae of a player controlling a team's decisions. Portis should have never signed thatcontratc if he didnt itend to play it out. Plus his ego is way too big forget him we still have our offensive line so we WILL run the ball!

Wilson doesnt want to be here so i say we lethim go. Gold is our playmaker anyway. Pierce can easily come in a make tackles cause thats all al did anyway. I'm glad shanny drafted him(although i am mad athim for spending so much money carelessly on other/older players).
        i wouldnt let wilson leave w/out puttin the tag on him so if we dont match sum other teams offer we at least get draft picks....

i beleive portis should at least play it out 1 more year bcuzz if he holds out he'll have to for 2 more yrs n i cant see him doin that n then bein FA n askin some team 4 big money....

yah i think it was 3 years ago we spent alot a money on pyrce, neil, lepsis, rod smith n of course griese......thats killin us now bcuzz we can restructure everybody n get cap help from every 1 but griese.......

Comment

Lava, I respect your opinion, but you need a dose of reality if you think Pierce and Griffin can replace or even produce like Wilson and Portis. The Broncos need to take a step forward as a team, not backwards. We do need to put the franchise tag on Wilson, so we don't let him get away for nothing. Regardless, we need Portis and Wilson on our team. Without them, our defense is leaderless and our offense has absolutely no punch or game-breaking speed. Lava, I know you think Plummer is more important then Portis, but Jake cannot carry our team without a proven running back. Our receivers are too damn old and Lelie cannot carry the load yet. We need to find a way to have Portis and Wilson on the field at the start of camp.

Comment

Personally, I never really thought of Al Wilson as an "elite linebacker". He is good, but not that special IMO and I think Terry Pierce could fill his shoes nicely even if he is a bit undersized. PORTIS on the other hand, is an "ELITE RUNNING BACK" and we need to get something done with him so he doesn't hold out. It is obvious that DENVER isn't gonna get a deal done with Al Wilson, so why not allocate the funds we were offering to him and try to get C-PO signed instead? Griffin was good in the game against INDY, but realistically he isn't PORTIS and I don't think he will put up the numbers like 26 did. Instead of giving Gardener all that money, we should have locked up both Wilson and Portis and averted all this crap.

Comment

i would absolutely hate to lose portis, but i hear what you are saying about his ego. too bad we can't replace TD's knees with portis'.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Is it so appalling that Portis wants more money? The guy has put up two of the greatest seasons in NFL history along with ****erson and Edge for god's sake. He was VERY consistent in his production from game to game as well, and you can't say that for anyone else on the team last year. For the BRONCOS, they have gotten a TON of bang for the buck and now they need to take care of PORTIS. He has two years left on his existing contract, but so what? Contracts mean D!CK in the NFL nowadays. Work out a deal with Portis, and let Wilson walk. Have some of the vets restructure their deals and put second round pick Terry Pierce to work. That's why we drafted him anyway....in case we couldn't re-sign Wilson. Really, we won't even notice Wilson is gone IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                  Is it so appalling that Portis wants more money? The guy has put up two of the greatest seasons in NFL history along with ****erson and Edge for god's sake. He was VERY consistent in his production from game to game as well, and you can't say that for anyone else on the team last year. For the BRONCOS, they have gotten a TON of bang for the buck and now they need to take care of PORTIS. He has two years left on his existing contract, but so what? Contracts mean D!CK in the NFL nowadays. Work out a deal with Portis, and let Wilson walk. Have some of the vets restructure their deals and put second round pick Terry Pierce to work. That's why we drafted him anyway....in case we couldn't re-sign Wilson. Really, we won't even notice Wilson is gone IMO.
                  i agree w/ u on portis we need him on the field hes the key to our off. but on the other hand you take let him take the franchise hostage if he wants hold out let him do it....he should at least play 1 more year w/ this current contract...

denver has a history of takin care of their own but this year so far i no its early but were not lookin good we have i beleive bout a month till the FA circus begins....

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
                    We need to find a way to have Portis and Wilson on the field at the start of camp.
                    Hoot, listen to yourself. You talk like it is so easy "we just need to find a way"? THERE IS NO WAY! You never heard me say ANYTHING about Wilson being the best linbacker in the league for whoever said i was jumpin off the wilson bandwagon. In fact, i said MANY times that Wilson is just a good leader, but on the field he can be replaced. All he is is a sound MLB who can hit. Pierce can be that to just like Spragan and Sykes were in emergency fill roles. We will lose a big name but not much else when it comes to wilson on the field. i liked the guy cause he was spending money every thursday on the etams dinner no w he looks damn stupid asking for more money. He should not have been spending so much then if he cared about money! He could have let the teammates pay for themselves. The point is he doens want to be here and we can replace him. I like the idea of just signing him so we can get a couple 1st round draft picks or something. As far as the offense, we still have our offensive line. so portis can hold out all he wants, we will still run effectively with Griffin or whoever else.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I have never been on the Al Wilson bandwagon, i think my first post on this board was the fact that i thought he was overrated, sure im on the CP bandwagon and i think the guy is awsome and would hate to lose him, but what u gonna do when your hands are tied?

Comment

It is not appauling but portis picked the worse time to do it. He thins he is GOD's gift to the broncos and he really isnt. he had good year sure, but doesnt EVERY RB we have have good years? say no and your lying. Griffin will come in and run for at elast 1300 over a full first year and maybe 1500 from the next year on so portis has no leverage IMO. He signed a contract he should play it out, we would have taken care of him for sure at the end of his 4 year deal. but now we will show him just how much of HIS success has to do with our offensive line. NO RB HAS FAILED IN OUR SYSTEM and you're crazy if you think portis is the only back on the roster that can produce for us.

BTW since when is back to back 1500 yard seasons one the best in NFL history. That was a joke statement.

plus, if you think we got Pirece to replce wison if he acted up what do you think we got griffin for?
                        Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-05-2004, 12:35 PM.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

We gave Daryl Gardener all that money for nothing, and we can't bother to take care of our elite player in CLINTON PORTIS?? Gimme a break.......

Comment

We gave Daryl Gardener all that money for nothing, and we can't bother to take care of our elite player in CLINTON PORTIS?? Gimme a break.......
                            your misguided, gardener's $5 million money will be saved, but portis is still replaceable. if you havent noticed, its our offensive line that makes RB's look real good. they did it with davis gary anderson and portis, let me just say, portis isnt the last. griffin even had a 100+ yard game in his couple starts as a rooke so he can definitely produce. its the offensicve line dude.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                              It is not appauling but portis picked the worse time to do it. He thins he is GOD's gift to the broncos and he really isnt. he had good year sure, but doesnt EVERY RB we have have good years? say no and your lying. Griffin will come in and run for at elast 1300 over a full first year and maybe 1500 from the next year on so portis has no leverage IMO. He signed a contract he should play it out, we would have taken care of him for sure at the end of his 4 year deal. but now we will show him just how much of HIS success has to do with our offensive line. NO RB HAS FAILED IN OUR SYSTEM and you're crazy if you think portis is the only back on the roster that can produce for us.

BTW since when is back to back 1500 yard seasons one the best in NFL history. That was a joke statement.

plus, if you think we got Pirece to replce riffin if he acted up what do you think we got griffin for?
                              he means the the back to back 1500 yd. plus seasons r one of best in NFL history for your first 2 seasons in the NFL....i think he ended up a few yds. bhind d***kerson

Comment

Working...
                              X