Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No problem. Griffin/Pierce are capable.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    dawg, Q can just hide behind them then explode afterwards lol....
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Lava look at your qoute.

      Also look at who we played when Portis was injured and who we played when Plummer was hurt. When Plummer was hurt we were playing some pretty damn tough defenses; when Portis was hurt we were playing San Diego, Oakland etc.

      My point is NO body runs successfully against the Steelers or Ravens when they put 8 in the box (shoot, I bet they put nine occasionally); runninbacks rarely do good against them with seven or six.

      When Plummer was out and Beurlein was in and everybody realized that Beurlein was crap they focused on Portis, and Portis still got a good amount of yards... I don't see how you think any runningback could do against RUN-STOPPING defenses that put 8 in the box (especially the Ravens and Steelers).

      Portis is versatile as well, the guy can catch, he can run with speed or he can run with power (note Browns, Raiders, Ravens and Steelers games especially). He's a VERY talented back; I think in the end he'll get his damn well deserved money.


      "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
        Lava look at your qoute.

        Also look at who we played when Portis was injured and who we played when Plummer was hurt. When Plummer was hurt we were playing some pretty damn tough defenses; when Portis was hurt we were playing San Diego, Oakland etc.

        My point is NO body runs successfully against the Steelers or Ravens when they put 8 in the box (shoot, I bet they put nine occasionally); runninbacks rarely do good against them with seven or six.

        When Plummer was out and Beurlein was in and everybody realized that Beurlein was crap they focused on Portis, and Portis still got a good amount of yards... I don't see how you think any runningback could do against RUN-STOPPING defenses that put 8 in the box (especially the Ravens and Steelers).

        Portis is versatile as well, the guy can catch, he can run with speed or he can run with power (note Browns, Raiders, Ravens and Steelers games especially). He's a VERY talented back; I think in the end he'll get his damn well deserved money.
        why are you talkin to me like i dont know who portis is. i am well aware of the skill he has. are YOU aware of the money we have? I am, and thats why i sai what i say, not cause portis isnt good enough, but cause we are just flat broke as a joke. we have to play those two cheap backups(pierce/griffin) and resign the most free agents we can before we lose them to another team. otherwise we will have lost a lot of key free agents, forcing us to play MORE backups at other positions
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

        I tried to warn ya.

        Comment


        • #34
          Lava those two are cheap but MVP Offensive player and Defensive Player of the year material...Clinton Portis is better than Q no doubt but Q can get us where we wanna go, and same thing with Terry..Al Wilson is a great player i'd hate to lose him, but when I saw Terry in the preseason he looked similar to Al when Al was younger...
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            I have been reading through the various threads about the Portis/Wilson problems. We all know that eventually the bill is going to come due on Shanny's salary cap dealings. My question to you all is, do you think it's time for us to go ahead and bite the bullet this year and let people walk? With the way the NFL is right now, it's hard to tell for sure just how close Denver is to returning to the SB. If Denver isn't as close as we would all like to believe, maybe it's time to build for the future (and I don't mean next year).

            Of course, I hope Denver can pull off signing both of these guys, but I am trying to look at any eventuality.
            "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

            -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

            Comment


            • #36
              the question is....how?
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by spikerman
                I have been reading through the various threads about the Portis/Wilson problems. We all know that eventually the bill is going to come due on Shanny's salary cap dealings. My question to you all is, do you think it's time for us to go ahead and bite the bullet this year and let people walk? With the way the NFL is right now, it's hard to tell for sure just how close Denver is to returning to the SB. If Denver isn't as close as we would all like to believe, maybe it's time to build for the future (and I don't mean next year).

                Of course, I hope Denver can pull off signing both of these guys, but I am trying to look at any eventuality.
                i dont know man, this all hapened so fast. yesterday i was feeling good about our chances about next year, then today i hear all these stories? i think shanny is in trouble now for real. this is where he has to prove he really is a mastermind cause we may be looking at a terrible offseason right now. instead of adding players we might lose some very good ones.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                I tried to warn ya.

                Comment


                • #38
                  you know what would suck but would help us out in salary gettin rid of Rod Smith...But now if you think of it we could find a replacment and I'm as tight to Rod as the next guy but this is going to be his 10th year and we can find someone else that is young and good...and Lava I know how you feel I was thinking the highest of the Broncos yesterday now i'm thinking the lowest...but I said it before and i'll say it again we gotta be optamistic, keep our heads held up high, pray, &have faith...
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Yeah, I agree with you Lava. I guess a lot of the decisions are based on how patient fans are willing to be. There are some very radical things we could do that would basically destroy us for next year, but give us the opportunity for some big years in the future. I suspect that most people aren't agreeable to this though. In fact, I'm not sure I'm agreeable to it.
                    Personally, I don't want to see Rod Smith go anywhere.
                    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

                    -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Spiker you know how much potential we have I shouldn't just be telling Spiker every broncos fan in the nation should read this, our defense is ALL youngins, our offense is mostly young and even if the starters aren't the second strings are, like Eddy Mcaffry for Ashley Lelie, we have so many substitutes and we are all worring yes this may be the worst Broncos off-season in franchise history but...god only knows what's in store for the season...
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        No way can Griffin replace Portis. He had one outstanding game, but I can't see him being a durable back like Portis once opponents get good film on him. Indy didn't know Griffin could run because we never used him as a regular back. It caught them by surprise.
                        Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          That could be true, but to tell you the truth Q can't do some of the things CP did, but Q's a good back, and we'll end up signing CP to the contract that he wants...Shannahan is being stubborn about signing him and CP is being stubborn about gettin the amount he wants...
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
                            that is true but AW is proven and TP is still a rookie in a sense...
                            Pierce is unprove as you indicated and there is questions about his ability play in coverage. Wilson will be resigned I have no doubt about that.
                            John 11: 25-27

                            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                            Thanks Snk16

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              Pierce is unprove as you indicated and there is questions about his ability play in coverage. Wilson will be resigned I have no doubt about that.
                              al wilson ws unproven at one point also, until he actually played! Before that, every player is unproven.
                              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                              I tried to warn ya.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Return of Lava
                                al wilson ws unproven at one point also, until he actually played! Before that, every player is unproven.
                                And THAT is what I wish everyone would remember!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X