No announcement yet.

No problem. Griffin/Pierce are capable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Lava we used Wilson many times this season to cover WRs if you didn't notice (I don't see how you couldn't as he would always be the biggest guy downfield compared to all the WRs and DBs).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
      gold is still better in the pass game, he gets INT's and sacks, wilson doesnt.
      I have seen Wilson out in coverage. Wilson doen't get sacks because he's not asked to blitz that much, however he did have two or three and bet that Gold would not have anymore than that if he had played the entire season.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
        I have seen Wilson out in coverage. Wilson doen't get sacks because he's not asked to blitz that much, however he did have two or three and bet that Gold would not have anymore than that if he had played the entire season.
        how can you say that? gold had 2 in the first 5 games! if he played 11 more, he would have probably got at least 2 more, making him the team leader. also, he DOES blitz sometimes, which makes him the most valuable defensive player we have cause of his versatility. he is the playmaker. if wilson doesnt blitz much and plays coverage quite often, as a LB, he should have had at least 2 or something. i dont think he had any this year.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick
          Wilson was consistantly the best defensive player for the Broncos this year. He'll do whatever is required of him. He can play both the pass and run.

The Broncos would be making a huge mistake if they let this guy get away.

True dat. Wilson is fast, strong, and an awesome leader. He can stop the run and defend the pass, what else can you want? We will slap the franchise tag on him before he leaves if he does.
          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
            True dat. Wilson is fast, strong, and an awesome leader. He can stop the run and defend the pass, what else can you want? We will slap the franchise tag on him before he leaves if he does.
            Exactly. I'm going to approch both situations as optimistic as possible because Mike Shanahan knows we are a few players away from a championship run.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick
              Wilson was consistantly the best defensive player for the Broncos this year. He'll do whatever is required of him. He can play both the pass and run.

The Broncos would be making a huge mistake if they let this guy get away.
              wilson played 16 games, had 7 pass deflections 0 INT's and 1 sack

gold played 5 games(was inuured in the first quarter of his 6th) and had 6 pass deflections 2 INT's and no sacks. gold is better in the pass game and the best playmaker we have on D. wilson is mainly a runstopper, they ar supposed to feed off each other, wilson as the run stopper gold as the pass stopper.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

how can you say that? gold had 2 in the first 5 games! if he played 11 more, he would have probably got at least 2 more, making him the team leader. also, he DOES blitz sometimes, which makes him the most valuable defensive player we have cause of his versatility. he is the playmaker. if wilson doesnt blitz much and plays coverage quite often, as a LB, he should have had at least 2 or something. i dont think he had any this year.
                I know what I see and what I hear and Wilson is used in coverage because of his speed and range. Also, I did not say Gold does not blitz, I said that Wilson is not called on to do so, but for that matter neither would Gold have been asked to as well. Coyer uses the linebackers sparingly as blitzers. Linebackers in general don't get alot of ints, so Gold has better hands Wilson can still knock down passes. As far who is the most valuable, I don't agree, Wilson is the most valuable because he holds that defense together.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i've seen wilson in pass covergage also, he just kind of gets back in zone and waits around for something to happen, the he will tackle the guy who catches it. nothing real special.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i've seen wilson in pass covergage also, he just kind of gets back in zone and waits around for something to happen, the he will tackle the guy who catches it. nothing real special.
                    Looking at the career stats those two ints were the first of his career. Wilson must be doing what he asked to do or he would be replaced in passing situations but he is not.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                    X