Better or Worse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better or Worse...

Do you think the Broncos will do better or worse without portis and give a senseable answer...unless Coach Shannahan gives him what he wants..
    sigpic

Re: Better or Worse...

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
    Do you think the Broncos will do better or worse without portis and give a senseable answer...unless Coach Shannahan gives him what he wants..
    With the same offensive line and Droughns doing the blocking, I think Anderson/Griffin can fill in for Portis.
    I doubt whether Shanahan will go out of the way for Portis.

WIth Plummer injured and Portis playing, we could not win many games. Portis needs to understand thats its a team game and not an individual sport.
    Last edited by rush_limbaughII; 02-05-2004, 01:43 PM.

Comment

same thing i think, mike anderson can run them over and Q can juke or hide lol
      sigpic

Comment

Portis is a big asset to the Broncos but I don't care if we lose. They better not give into that man.

Comment

Portis has already made an gentlemen's agreement with the team. The deal is done, but it won't be known for a few months so both sides can save face, or the deal can't be finalized until salary cap questions are answered after free agency and drafting.
          Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

I agree. Lets not have CP dismissed just yet....
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Well if griffin becomes the running back we will have to rip up the grass at MILE HIGH and lay astro turf,then ill feel better.
              2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

The Broncos could survive without CP, but I don't think they would be as good. I think a lot of Plummer's success this year came because the other teams defense was worried about CP. If he were making a decent amount of money then I would say hell no, let the guy hold out. But $380,000, come on now. The guy deserves more than that. As posted above, the Broncos WILL work something out with Portis but it will be after they deal with the other players (Wilson, Gold, Droughns, Berry).
                Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Re: Better or Worse...

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
                  You guys mark my word...the P-man will be back in blue and orange next season.

Now Al Wilson...he's not replacable...but he's trying free agency.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Re: Better or Worse...

Originally posted by jdslick
                    The Broncos running game would take a step backwards next year if Portis wasn't the RB. Denver doesn't have anyone nearly as good as him to replace him with.

I don't know why all you people are sweating it. Portis is under contract with Denver. He has two choices. He either shows up and plays for the money he agreed upon, or he sits out , doesn't play and gets paid nothing. I think he's smart enough to see it's in his best inetrest to play.
                    Wow..I actually agree with jd on this one.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
                      Well if griffin becomes the running back we will have to rip up the grass at MILE HIGH and lay astro turf,then ill feel better.
                      Relax, many of Griffin's best games at OU were played on grass. However, it's pretty much a moot point, as I doubt Portis is going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X